The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #321
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Ha, that's flattering. If I had any inclination to write something by myself I could do it, but at this time I don't. Maybe one day. I do feel confident that Tom and I working together makes a stronger product than just me by myself.

General Blanque has never made an impression on me, he doesn't have much in the way of personality or design, in my opinion. That can be a good in terms of him being a blank slate to work with.

I think Groundchuck has a great design. I don't really have much opinion on Dirtbag one way or another. I don't really recall them very well from the cartoon.
I was hoping to show you the support you have of it which I did, but also convince you to plug yourself in for a single issue. Here is to hoping the interest will be there as you know we will buy it and likely like it. I know that from what we know of your contributions in the series.

The reason I asked about those three was I felt there was a lot of potential overlooked. A mutant duo lost in the shuffle and Blanque who pun intended is a blank slate and his position of power makes The Federation more of a threat than their rival the Triceratons.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #322
neatoman
Emperor

So this thread has been a lot of fun and it has made wonder, is it all possible for a sort of behind the scenes book? You know, a book containing concept sketches, unused covers, annotations, early idea, etc.

I think such a book would be really wonderful for this series.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #323
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So this thread has been a lot of fun and it has made wonder, is it all possible for a sort of behind the scenes book? You know, a book containing concept sketches, unused covers, annotations, early idea, etc.

I would preorder that in a heartbeat.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #324
Editor's Note Comics
Foot Soldier

I was curious if the TMNT newspaper strip are ever going to be collected. It's a huge chunk of missing material from the franchise history.
Editor's Note Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #325
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, so what's with all the reprints of the current ongoing TMNT series?

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...=ninja+turtles

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...3WEKXEPQK5WRZ4

I mean, that cover art is GORGEOUS... but why is IDW bothering to keep putting out the same material with different covers and in different collections? I think a lot of us buyers would much rather have (sorry, dead horse) more of the old "classic" TMNT collected like Tales Volume 2, Mirage Volume 4, and Image Volume 3.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #326
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

No plans and it sounds like a huge amount of work! Usually we show designs in Ninja Notes, and we don't have any spare covers hanging around for long. I would have liked to have annotations in the IDW Collection, but again-- a lot work. But point is, most of what we have sees print in one way or another.

Maybe something down the line!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #327
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor's Note Comics View Post
I was curious if the TMNT newspaper strip are ever going to be collected. It's a huge chunk of missing material from the franchise history.
I know that's been discussed by our reprint department on several occasions. I think we have the files. Not sure why there aren't more concrete plans yet. If I get a chance I'll inquire, though I'm not around the office much these days.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:21 PM   #328
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, so what's with all the reprints of the current ongoing TMNT series?

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...=ninja+turtles

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...3WEKXEPQK5WRZ4

I mean, that cover art is GORGEOUS... but why is IDW bothering to keep putting out the same material with different covers and in different collections? I think a lot of us buyers would much rather have (sorry, dead horse) more of the old "classic" TMNT collected like Tales Volume 2, Mirage Volume 4, and Image Volume 3.
To capitalize on potential interest generated by the movie. You'll notice the focus on Krang, Casey, Bebop & Rocksteady in Allies and Enemies-- all new characters in the next movie.

We re-released Change is Constant at the same time as the last movie, so we've moved ahead with the next set of IDW stories.

I personally would be curious as to how much revenue is generated by things like this. I'd love to see the stuff you mentioned see the light of day quicker as well.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #329
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
To capitalize on potential interest generated by the movie. You'll notice the focus on Krang, Casey, Bebop & Rocksteady in Allies and Enemies-- all new characters in the next movie.

We re-released Change is Constant at the same time as the last movie, so we've moved ahead with the next set of IDW stories.

I personally would be curious as to how much revenue is generated by things like this. I'd love to see the stuff you mentioned see the light of day quicker as well.
Yeah, I'm a little ashamed of myself for not realizing that the TPB was showcasing the movie characters.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #330
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I know that's been discussed by our reprint department on several occasions. I think we have the files. Not sure why there aren't more concrete plans yet. If I get a chance I'll inquire, though I'm not around the office much these days.
This would be amazing, and NEEDS to happen. Like mentioned before this is a large chunk of material that to my knowledge has never been collected. Here's to hoping IDW gets the ball rolling of this and the rest of the Mirage material.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #331
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Yeah, members of this forum have gone to surprising lengths to gather up a still incomplete collection of the newspaper strips, so if you guys just have it sitting around on a server somewhere....well, it'd be appreciated anyway.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #332
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I would be very interested in purchasing this as well! I think the newspaper strip collections you guys do are awesome and I know a lot of people would be very excited to finally be able to own all the TMNT strips. The interest I have seen expressed on this forum alone is truly massive.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:17 AM   #333
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Hi,
I got two questions regarding the Eastman Notebook series.

But let me first speak my mind to lead up to the questions..

Since the first book was supposed to be a Casey Jones character study book, I was all game and preordered it. Along the way you apparently cancelled the concept and went with the annual approach. For me personally the character studies approach was the only reason I was committing to buy that book.
I have to say that either it got advertised unclearly or I just misunderstood the concept, but the fact, that there are only 4 character studies in the book and the rest are plain thumbnails is a mayor bummer for me.
With that being said, here's my question:

1) Will we ever see the Casey Jones book or is it gone for good?

2) Will the second book really be a Raph character book or will it be something closer to the annual thing?

I just gotta know before I preorder another book, because I don't want to get disappointed again.

Thanks Bobby!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:27 AM   #334
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hey Jay,

Short answer is I don't know-- i'm not involved in reprints, so what little I hear is just what is discussed in production meetings and on the publishing schedule. I think that the book was originally going to be more focused on Casey, as advertised, including a good deal of material from Body Count. I could be wrong here, but I think Nickelodeon objected to that, so the book was changed to what it currently is.

So, I don't know if we'll ever see the material that was intended originally.

I have no clue about the Raph book, or if it is even confirmed to happen.

Not much help, I know! Sorry!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #335
Diorm
Hench Mutant

So I guess you didnt hear anything about Volume 3 and 4 reprints right?
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #336
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I believe they can both happen. There's some small hurdles that need to be overcome, so I think it's largely a matter of time and interest in dealing with them. As such, I don't know when they are going to happen.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #337
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I believe they can both happen. There's some small hurdles that need to be overcome, so I think it's largely a matter of time and interest in dealing with them. As such, I don't know when they are going to happen.
My fear since starting to collect the trades is that volumes would be left unfinished or not collected at all. This is the most content ever collected and I hope beyond hope you guys can see this through till the end.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #338
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Back again with more Utrom Empire-based questions. I should probably just start a thread somewhere pegging all my thoughts, because I have a lot.

Will the Resistance ever be explored more? I was wondering why the Neutrinos were involved, and if that had anything to do with why Krang hit them so hard (besides their refusal to give up Professor Honeycutt).

Of course, you said on an earlier page that they'd be back in a much-later storyline outside this year, but as a whole, I'm very intrigued by their involvement. Especially if the royal family was part of it in any way.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #339
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Two aspects I want to read more of is the above with The Neutrinos. I would like to see their world more and what they are all about. The other, I am wondering, will get a mini or anything dedicated to the Earth Protection Force? It would be more than enough for a limited series exploring the in-workings and how the EPF is connected to the story.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #340
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

There's really not much I can say about the future without giving too much away, but we will spend a good deal of time in the not-too-distant future with both the Utroms and various other residents of Dimension X.

Fun stuff coming up will be fun.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz