The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #781
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I got my 2nd shot 2 days ago. Arm didn’t get as sore as the 1st one and I did get a headache and hot feeling for a day but that’s all gone now. Arm is still a little sore but it’s nothing really.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #782
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
* I believe the virus probably came from the Coronavirus Lab in Wuhan, China. No, I don't think it was seeded out intentionally. I mean, I wouldn't rule it out but I seriously doubt it. Seems like more of a "whoops!" with a subsequent cover-up and a White House unwilling to investigate beyond a surface level, "Hey Coronavirus Lab in Wuhan... did you accidentally leak a virus?" "No, we didn't!" then to the US: "We just asked China... they said they didn't do it!" and that's that.

* I don't believe there is anything dubious about any of the vaccines. They were all developed independently by pharmaceutical companies... no government involvement whatsoever. "These vaccines are provably fake! Also it creates the variants/weakens immune systems/etc.!!" That's... not the way these things work. And what would even be the incentive to make a vaccine that is fake, or does something nefarious that could probably be easily debunked by anybody who knows how to use a microscope?

* No, even 2 years in I don't think COVID is a scary virus. For maybe 2 months beginning last March it was a little scary, before we knew what was going on. No, I don't think there should be mandates of any kind. If you're obese, you've had 2 years to not be obese, which would cut your risk factor down immensely (and also improve your quality of life). If you're super old or at risk, you can get N95 masks and avoid risky situations. And get the vaccine.

* No, it's not killing kids. 0% have died from COVID. The "it's killing kids!" is how the left is getting and keeping their emergency powers and teachers unions (most of which dumping millions of dollars into democrat governors) can stay home. It's also transparently bullsh**.

* Yes, I do believe the left has seized COVID as an opportunity to ram through every expensive, crazy idea or pet project they've ever had in the past 30 years. I don't see how it's even remotely debatable. Everything they have done since COVID "began" has been motivated by wanton power grabs and very little else. I do believe they absolutely love the COVID "pandemic" and are doing everything in their power to maximize it.

But yeah. That's about as deep as my conspiracy thinking goes.
This is all pretty much where I'm at on this whole thing as well. But you know.... lefty brain-trust people will try to straw man any point that comes out your points there, no matter how reasonable.

As for the safety of the vaccine? The newest straw man has been "well I haven't seen any problems from people who have received the vaccine"; but see - that was never the point. I don't think even the far-righties believed that they'd get injected and melt away right there on the spot.

The concern for reasonable people is simply long-term effects some years down the road from these rushed vaccines. That's really the caution, I think. The truth is that this thread has been carried on for 40 pages almost exclusively by nuts like Indigo holding court in phony back and forth intellectualism about the whole thing.

There isn't much else to say about this entire topic until there is a real new development rather than a news cycle push - I can see Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper now: "Omega-OMNICRON variant NOW burning it's way through bodies across the GLOBE!" | reality is 400 people worldwide got sick leading to this report.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #783
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
* I believe the virus probably came from the Coronavirus Lab in Wuhan, China. No, I don't think it was seeded out intentionally. I mean, I wouldn't rule it out but I seriously doubt it. Seems like more of a "whoops!" with a subsequent cover-up and a White House unwilling to investigate beyond a surface level, "Hey Coronavirus Lab in Wuhan... did you accidentally leak a virus?" "No, we didn't!" then to the US: "We just asked China... they said they didn't do it!" and that's that.

* I don't believe there is anything dubious about any of the vaccines. They were all developed independently by pharmaceutical companies... no government involvement whatsoever. "These vaccines are provably fake! Also it creates the variants/weakens immune systems/etc.!!" That's... not the way these things work. And what would even be the incentive to make a vaccine that is fake, or does something nefarious that could probably be easily debunked by anybody who knows how to use a microscope?

* No, even 2 years in I don't think COVID is a scary virus. For maybe 2 months beginning last March it was a little scary, before we knew what was going on. No, I don't think there should be mandates of any kind. If you're obese, you've had 2 years to not be obese, which would cut your risk factor down immensely (and also improve your quality of life). If you're super old or at risk, you can get N95 masks and avoid risky situations. And get the vaccine.

* No, it's not killing kids. 0% have died from COVID. The "it's killing kids!" is how the left is getting and keeping their emergency powers and teachers unions (most of which dumping millions of dollars into the democrat governors who do their bidding) can stay home. It's also transparently bullsh**.

* Yes, I do believe the left has seized COVID as an opportunity to ram through every expensive, crazy idea or pet project they've ever had in the past 30 years. I don't see how it's even remotely debatable. Everything they have done since COVID "began" has been motivated by wanton power grabs and very little else. I do believe they absolutely love the COVID "pandemic" and are doing everything in their power to maximize it.

But yeah. That's about as deep as my conspiracy thinking goes.
Just the simple fact that the last stimulus wouldn't get approved unless they were assured a big chunk of the money went to Venezuela to get gender studies shows how much they really care about us.

I don't think the vaccines are fake, they just don't work as intended. IMO if these guys are being sincere, they would have used the 'vaccine' as a way to curb the symptoms and buy the world some time for them to create an actual working vaccine. The one you take once and never again in your life. The one that doesn't continue to spread the very thing you're trying to stop.

People like to point to Polio and Smallpox and whatnot, but those were real vaccines that wiped those out. If those vaccines continued to spread Polio, it would still be here today. And you'd be on your way to the 25th Polio booster next month.

I'm sorry but since day 1 when people that died of literally anything else were still labeled as 'died from CoVid' just so the doctors can get more grants, it was fishy from the start. The fact that people called Trump's rallies super spreader but BLM riots were A-OK and actually encouraged as if the virus vanished that weekend was fishy. Politicians warning people about masks but not using one themselves as if they know something we don't. It's been fishy from day 1.

If this was really about health and eradicating the virus, they never needed to lie about deaths to bump up numbers, tell people to avoid huge gatherings one day and then OK it the next day depending on if it's the right of left gathering, shutting down gyms but keeping fast food open, vaccines that don't work as promised, and shutting down any sort of studies or anything happening anywhere else in the world over 'stfu and get the jab' to the point that now it's become a mandate.

Sorry but just no.

Also Andrew, you underestimate how desperately these people cling to the vaccine. Even if someone discovered this thing was actually killing immunity for the sake of selling more boosters, no one would believe them, they'd be censored, laughed at, called crazy, 'follow the science' and all that. The fact that a quack like Fauci is supposedly the leading authority on all this and any other doctor, scientist or expert is downright ignored is part of the problem.

Honestly at this point if something was found out, most everyone is too shoved up Biden and Fauci's asses, I don't know who they could possibly bring out that people would actually believe.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 09-16-2021 at 12:27 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #784
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I got the 2nd shot yesterday, and outside of a little arm pain I'm fine, thankfully.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #785
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

As for the safety of the vaccine? The newest straw man has been "well I haven't seen any problems from people who have received the vaccine"; but see - that was never the point. I don't think even the far-righties believed that they'd get injected and melt away right there on the spot.

The concern for reasonable people is simply long-term effects some years down the road from these rushed vaccines. That's really the caution, I think. The truth is that this thread has been carried on for 40 pages almost exclusively by nuts like Indigo holding court in phony back and forth intellectualism about the whole thing.
The only thing I agree with that Twitter article was the fact that the longer we have unvaccinated and vaccinated people, the easier it will be to study any potential side-effects. If in a year or so people suddenly start having heart problems, or are sterile or whatever, and the only thing they all have in common was the fact they were vaccinated against CoVid, that will cinch it. But if everyone is vaccinated, those things can literally be blamed on anything else.

There's also the very bizzare coincidence that several people that have not gotten CoVid this whole time just somehow got it a few months after getting fully vaccinated.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #786
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I got the 2nd shot yesterday, and outside of a little arm pain I'm fine, thankfully.
The second one usually knocks people out for a few days. Sounds like you got off lucky.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:38 PM   #787
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, a lot of people get lucky and are just fine after the 2nd. I never felt anything more than soreness both times.

My mom felt a little ill for one day, but she's also a "poor me" 70-year-old diabetic who tends to milk stuff for more than it's worth. Not that I don't believe her that she felt kind of "bleh" for the following day, but she was fine and had no complaints the next day after that, so whatever she felt was short lived.

Heck, I had the longest issue with the soreness, but it was doable.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #788
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The second one usually knocks people out for a few days. Sounds like you got off lucky.
My arm was more sore after the first shot than it was the 2nd, I was surprised.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #789
Coola Yagami
Overlord

My ex took the jab cause there's an upcoming con and they don't want to take the risk since our mask mandates are currently still lifted. I mean I've been to 2 cons, kept my mask on and kept my distance, but I don't blame her for not wanting to risk it. She's just glad she took it cause she made the choice and not because she was mandated to against her will. The workplace of hers is still up in the air wether or not they will mandate but at least if they do, she knows she made her choice.

Surprisingly the first one knocked her and her buddy the **** out for 2-3 days. I always heard it was the second one. I guess we'll see what happens when she gets the second one.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:58 PM   #790
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A teacher super giddy about being able to mandate little kids being forced to wear masks:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...-mandate-dance
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #791
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
A teacher super giddy about being able to mandate little kids being forced to wear masks:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...-mandate-dance
This is bordering on insanity.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:04 PM   #792
Banned

just about as insane as liberal twitter losing their $hit over Nicki Minaj questioning the forced vaccinations. group of Nicki Minaj fans protesting outside the CDC Georgia. FINALLY they’re going after the CDC!

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...campaign=64483

twitter temporarily suspends Nicki Minaj account for talking about the vaccine. the media was in a frenzy over her tweets this week, even that overpaid tv fraud doctor fauci had to get on tv and attempt to whip her back into line to regain control of the narrative

can you imagine if Nicki Minaj goes down in history as the spark that lit the flame of worldwide protest against vaccine mandates?!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:38 PM   #793
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw a bunch of clips on that. Trevor Noah and all those guys going after her, saying Nicki's fans will now believe that the vaccine sterilizes everybody and that it's the fault of social media... meaning, we need more of a clamp-down on free speech within social media. That, and that anyone that's a Nicki Minaj fan is just mindless and will follow whatever. Pretty insulting stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:55 PM   #794
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Whatever happened to #BelieveAllWomen?

They sure throw that out the window pretty quick when it doesn't suit the narrative.

EDIT- you know when I said Biden and Fauci have too much control, who would the general public ever believe over them..... I never thought it woulda been Nicki Minaj....

Old 09-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #795
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Whatever happened to #BelieveAllWomen?

They sure throw that out the window pretty quick when it doesn't suit the narrative.
It is only deployed and only works when it is useful for an aggressive narrative against an enemy. It's weaponized for people who lack integrity.

Quote:
EDIT- you know when I said Biden and Fauci have too much control, who would the general public ever believe over them..... I never thought it woulda been Nicki Minaj....
Nicki Minaj is. A. Super Bass... errr... I mean Babe. OMG. And apparently she sees the forest for the trees - the left will have a hard time of accusing her of being some exploitative-conservative.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #796
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It is only deployed and only works when it is useful for an aggressive narrative against an enemy. It's weaponized for people who lack integrity.

Nicki Minaj is. A. Super Bass... errr... I mean Babe. OMG. And apparently she sees the forest for the trees - the left will have a hard time of accusing her of being some exploitative-conservative.
They'll literally go from 'strong and empowering' with WAP to trying to villainize her and discredit her ASAP.

Fans go from empowered, stunning and brave, to stupid informed and uneducated.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #797
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Has anyone else noticed some sexual tension between cubed and roseangelo, if they met in real life I could see her calling him stupid and a woman hater and then passionately kissing him. opposite coasts attract.

edith, posted this in the wrong thread, how embarrassing.

Last edited by sdp; 09-17-2021 at 04:44 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #798
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Has anyone else noticed some sexual tension between cubed and roseangelo, if they met in real life I could see her calling him stupid and a woman hater and then passionately kissing him. opposite coasts attract.
Proof that people don't actually draw battle lines against others with racist or sexist opinions, but rather only draw battle lines against others whose arguments are so airtight or on point that they made the other person take an undeniable look at themselves.

Cubed has some pretty crazy perspective some times, but he's never put the mirror up to the women here for their nonsense, so the hate against him is minimized. It's simple.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #799
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

edith, posted this in the wrong thread, how embarrassing.
Yeah... no.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:28 PM   #800
Banned

Quote:
Nicki is bada$$ for standing up to the twitter mob, she took down all those clowns like don lemon, joy reid, jimmy kimmel, calling out the hipocrisy of those woke libtards trying to shame and guilt trip her. the fact that twitter suspended her means she was right. by know we should know they only censor the truth that contradicts their narrative.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck