The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #81
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Don's love for April is creepy, and absolutely contrived and forced.

Mikey is an absolute annoying dumbass, even for a character with ADHD. I mean, 2K3 Mikey overall wasn't too funny either, but I've seen better jokes on Arthur as a kid than in the Nick series.
I absolutely love Mikey on the Nick show. He cracks me up and is such a loveable character (in my opinion).
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #82
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Yea, if you like Donatello as a creepy stalker, Leonardo as a control freak, Michelangelo as a complete retard and Raphael suffering from male PMS!
Since when was Leo not a control freak and when was Raph ever NOT going through bro-PMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Don isn't a stalker, he's in love. You never been in love with a girl so hot you couldn't even talk to her and had to admire her from afar? If it was bothering April, she would have put a stop to it by now. It's not creepy if the girl doesn't mind.
Love and stalking are not mutually exclusive.

And really, if "she doesn't mind" doesn't make any more okay.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #83
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Not to go off-topic, but as the kind of person who is a spot-squeezer and a zit-picker, watching the Shellacne episode was disgusting torture for me! I was like "Gah! Need to squeeze... something!"
I think at times he just goes for Ren and Stimpy humor. Maybe he was a fan of that too?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #84
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Quote:
Don's love for April is creepy, and absolutely contrived and forced.

Mikey is an absolute annoying dumbass, even for a character with ADHD. I mean, 2K3 Mikey overall wasn't too funny either, but I've seen better jokes on Arthur as a kid than in the Nick series.
Yeah, Mikey's stupidity in the new show drives me nuts. At least he makes up for it in some episodes like in Parasitica.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Really? I've genuinely laughed at a lot of the lines Nick Mikey has said. In a recent episode Don or someone said they look like they're from medieval times, and Mikey screamed, "I don't want to be trapped in the 1980's!"

It was too damn funny.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #86
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Really? I've genuinely laughed at a lot of the lines Nick Mikey has said. In a recent episode Don or someone said they look like they're from medieval times, and Mikey screamed, "I don't want to be trapped in the 1980's!"

It was too damn funny.
I watched that episode 3 times and that line (and others) cracked me up each and every time! I LOVE NICK MIKEY!! He's an awesome character. Yes, he's bufoonish at times, but he's also very capable as a fighter and really is a loveable character (in my opinion). I know everyone has different tastes, but I don't see how fans of TMNT could hate on him so much.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #87
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
Since when was Leo not a control freak and when was Raph ever NOT going through bro-PMS?

Love and stalking are not mutually exclusive.

And really, if "she doesn't mind" doesn't make any more okay.
Her not minding kinda makes it NOT stalking.... It's only creepy/stalking when the person is question doesn't like it/is creeped out by it and the person doesn't leave him/her alone.

As for Mikey, the main complaint is him being flat out stupid at times. There's a difference between being cute and naive... and then there's just being stupid. Sadly NickMikey shows examples of both... most of the time the stupid part....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #88
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Her not minding kinda makes it NOT stalking.... It's only creepy/stalking when the person is question doesn't like it/is creeped out by it and the person doesn't leave him/her alone.

As for Mikey, the main complaint is him being flat out stupid at times. There's a difference between being cute and naive... and then there's just being stupid. Sadly NickMikey shows examples of both... most of the time the stupid part....
Season 1 Nick Mikey was more cute and naive. Season 2 is where he started to bug me. Much like 2k3 after the battle nexus. Ironically both are season 2.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #89
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

That's what I get for breezing through a thread too fast.

Because, for some reason, when I was reading discussions about 'Creepy Stalkers' and then discussions about 'Mikey', my brain somehow added it into "When will Mikey become Raph's Creepy Stalker..."

Again, why one like me must not rush reading through discussions/topics.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #90
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The Turtles have the best personalities they've ever had, and the majority of the villains aside from the mindless mutants are well done.
The Nick turtles do not have the best personalities, far from it.

Quote:
...... you got me with Mikey... still less annoying than the 2K3 version.
I must be the only person on here who doesn't mind 2k3 Mikey. He was a bit annoying after he won the Battle Nexus but he only spoofed about it for a few episodes then he went back to the way he was before he won the tournament. I admit though he was really annoying in that Fast Forward episode where there was another Turtle Titan (Silver Sentry's grandson). Nick Mikey's stupidity is unbelievable at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
That's what I get for breezing through a thread too fast.

Because, for some reason, when I was reading discussions about 'Creepy Stalkers' and then discussions about 'Mikey', my brain somehow added it into "When will Mikey become Raph's Creepy Stalker..."

Again, why one like me must not rush reading through discussions/topics.
Very random.

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 05-26-2014 at 12:32 AM.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #91
pennydreadful
trash

I kind of think of Nick Mikey as being sort of like Pinkie Pie from MLP:FIM, or maybe like Deadpool... not so much stupid as just zany and a bit offbeat/crazyish. He cracks me up, so I don't mind him.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
The Nick turtles do not have the best personalities, far from it.
Its the best characterised personalities and interactions between characters on-screen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #93
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Its the best characterised personalities and interactions between characters on-screen.
To reiterate: Creeper Don, Bossy-Pants Leo, Dumb-As-Bricks Mikey and Spazzatron Raph!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #94
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:39 AM   #95
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I must be the only person on here who doesn't mind 2k3 Mikey. He was a bit annoying after he won the Battle Nexus but he only spoofed about it for a few episodes then he went back to the way he was before he won the tournament. I admit though he was really annoying in that Fast Forward episode where there was another Turtle Titan (Silver Sentry's grandson). Nick Mikey's stupidity is unbelievable at times.
No, I can assure you that you're not alone. I don't mind 2k3 Mikey at all. I even made a thread asking why so many people hate him.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #96
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
No, I can assure you that you're not alone. I don't mind 2k3 Mikey at all. I even made a thread asking why so many people hate him.
I've never had a problem with the 2003 Mikey. The relationship him and Raphael have on that show is one of my favorites. Even little things like Mikey calling him 'Raphie Boy' and such (which I am Absolutely Surprised that they have not had the 2k12 Mikey call Raphael 'Raphie' or 'Raphie-boy'...not even once).

Plus Mikey did beat Raphael and became a champion. Twice. And became a 'comic book super hero' as he would call it.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #97
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Count me as another 'didn't mind 2K3 Mikey, but finds 2012 Mikey occasionally grating.'

And like I said in the topic somebody mentioned already, my only real problem with 2K3 Mikey was how inconsistent his development was and how maybe 4Kids saw by making him more developed = less funny for the kiddies. They can give him a good episode like Grudge Match or Graduation Day where he learns something, but by the next episode, it means nothing and he acts the same as before.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #98
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I agree 100%!! The characterizations are great on this show.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #99
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I find 2003 Mikey far less annoying than the 2012 Mikey at least, his stupidity can be beyond ridiculous at times, season two I can barley tolerate him. Sad part is, Nick keeps comparing Nick's Mikey's IQ to Patrick's Star, say what? He's never been that stupid in the past.

Don't even get me started on Nick's Donnie, when he's not a creepy April stalker fan boy he's cool but you get kind of annoyed when he acts like that. I much prefer the 2003 series Donnie, even if he may have had a crush on April in this series like some are saying it wasn't noticeable, I mean I couldn't tell at least. Nick's Donnie's crush, it takes away from his character

Nick's Leo and Raph I don't really have a problem with though.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #100
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
ARE YOU FOR REAL LMFAO.

No, it IS still stalking. He is still disrespecting her boundaries. He takes pictures of her without her permission! [Then sets them as wallpaper. Yeah, if someone ever did that to me, I'd be calling the cops immediately.]

There are things you just don't do to people, and spying on them or trying to create a flow chart that turns "no" into "yes" is very high ranking on that list.

Tags
4kids