The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Favorite thing you ever got for Christmas

Naturally, mine was TMNT related.

My dad bought me TMNT 2 on VHS. But he put it at the bottom of a box the size of a fridge and filled it with random clothes and stuffed animals. I literally had to dive in and "swim" to the bottom of the box before I found it taped to the bottom.

Awesome memory

How bout you?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Prowler
Emperor

Well I can't remember what I've gotten for most Christmas, so only three or so stand out:

Christmas 2002: GameCube bundled with Mario Sunshine. And also Super Smash Bros. Melee and FIFA 2003. Brother bought the GC. Mother bought me FIFA and Melee. Kick ass Christmas that was.

Christmas 2003: TMNT 2k3 action figures. One set with Leo, Don and Shredder and another one with Mike, Raph and a Foot Ninja. Those were my first TMNT action figures ever. I was so happy a dream had come true.

Christmas 2006 or 2007: A very large WrestleMania ring:

Spoiler:

This one can sure hold a ton of wrestlers on it!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't celebrate Christmas, but if you mean for my birthday which is the same time...I don't know...maybe Zelda Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Blue back in 1998? As a kid the double-whammy of those two games was something, especially since they would go on to be remembered as classics for 20 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I could have sworn there were more posts earlier...
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Xmas 2016. My Bill and Ted Neca Figures

All The Christmases I got Transformer figures
Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Can't say I remember all too well. Was always a lotta turtle stuff, maybe something on the green side. I think Playstation was an Xmas gift way back when, sure got a lotta fun out of that. My Wii-U gets regular use and I got that for Xmas, perhaps that, given it's still relevant in my daily life.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I could have sworn there were more posts earlier...
There were. They were all deleted by the ghost of Christmas past.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I got a Game Boy in 1990, as well as Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers for the NES. In 1992, it was the SNES, and Super Mario Bros. 2: 6 Golden Coins for Game Boy.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #9
Wesley
Mad Scientist

A walking toy car when I was 5 or 6.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
sdp
-

I was usually spoiled crazy during christmas, only one year I was disappointed but I had just asked for too much, literally "the entire collection of TMNT figures" and only got a few and a train instead The younger I was the more I enjoyed what I got since you're less jaded

1993 or 1994 was likely the best Christmas for those reasons I remember getting a ton of Jurassic Park and Mighty Max toys and playsets. the year after I got all the megazords from Power Rangers so that was a big year as well, I just never played with them much but the gift was amazing, I just didn't make the most out of it.

The christmas gifts I likely used the most were the Nintendo 64 games I asked but since I was older, you are a bit more ungrateful I guess I don't know what to call it. The early years of christmas as a kid were definitely more magical when it came to presents even if I may have enjoyed others more as I became an older kid.

My parents came through even as I was a teenager though, I remember getting a bunch of Gamecube/PS2 games in 2001 for Christmas and maybe the year later I didn't play video games so they asked me for a list of things and that they would choose a few of them to give me, I made a list of different band CDs and dvds of concerts etc, some of them that were not that easy to find and on christmas I saw they actually bought ALL the things I had listed. I felt bad for making such a big list but I never expected them to buy them all, I thought I had just given them options.

Materialistic X-Mas is really the best time of the year. I plan on spoiling my kids crazy during X-Mas when I have some, maybe not as much as me since there were plenty of toys I never played with that I asked for but still, when you think Santa is actually bringing you presents, it's just something else and that only lasts very few years, by the time I was 8 I was already skeptical and while I enjoyed the gifts it wasn't the same.

Last edited by sdp; 12-13-2017 at 11:01 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't think I have one individual favorite. There's a few notable ones due to memories.

Such as when I got my bike as a kid and, while still believing in Santa at the time, I'd peeked that night... When I wasn't supposed to peek. And I couldn't stand it, I just HAD to go to my parents room and tell them about it. Thus telling them that I'd peeked.

Another one years ago was the plush Bubbles the Fish Beanie Buddy (the large plush version). I had wanted that plush fish, and my luck I ended up sick for that Christmas... which ended up turning out to be a two week virus that was going around and Christmas was smack dab in the middle. That fish, still wrapped, was the last gift I had in my hands before I had to give up and go lay down for a while. I was glad later to come back and find out that gift was it. It's still on my bed...

And of course the Christmas (2014) following my family knowing I'd renewed my love of TMNT they indulged me in it a bit that year, so that was fun. .
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #12
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

One time an ex did stuff for me that was pretty unforgettable on Christmas.

Sorry, Jesus.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
One time an ex did stuff for me that was pretty unforgettable on Christmas.

Sorry, Jesus.

This post wins.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #14
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not Christmas, but about 11 years ago we rang in New Years with a "bang", and.... a duckling was the gift that we got from that. The tree was still up at the time, if that counts....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

Years ago an old plug gave me a lot more than I asked for.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread is getting...interesting. I guess you never know how life is on the other side.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #17
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This thread is getting...interesting. I guess you never know how life is on the other side.
Yeah, the other side for you being people who smash on the reg.