The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #41
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

I'm thinking about picking this game up.. Is it worth the $34.99 at Target or should I just pick up the new Turtle van?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #42
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Could I ask for a list of all the mutant bosses, and characters from other parts of the TMNT franchises that appear in this game?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #43
Xav
Foot Elite

I found a video play-through. Warning it's kinda annoying with the guy talking through the whole thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijOvg5VcFOw
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #44
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Could I ask for a list of all the mutant bosses, and characters from other parts of the TMNT franchises that appear in this game?
There's only four bosses
Spoiler:
  • Splinter
  • Rat King
  • Slash
  • Shredder

Baxter appears in a couple of cutscenes.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #45
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I'm stuck on the fourth level, lol.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #46
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I'm sad this game is not even out yet here.

I could import but then darn region lock.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #47
slyme843
Mouser

real talk last one i had was a gameboy pocket...thinkin bout scoopin up a new 3ds just for this game and some random star fox
slyme843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #48
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Huh, Baxter seems to already know the turtles, and vice versa. Also, I didn't see any indication, other than his voice, that Shredder was sachs- unless it's in the side missions, which I didn't play.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #49
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Huh, Baxter seems to already know the turtles, and vice versa. Also, I didn't see any indication, other than his voice, that Shredder was sachs- unless it's in the side missions, which I didn't play.
Spoiler:
One of the missions has you finding pages of Karai's diary(!) and Leo says that Sacks is Shredder and her father.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I.... I like this game. Sure I hate the movie this was based on with a passion... but this game is very entertaining. I like the whole 'maze-like exploration' aspect of it and even though it kinda relies a lot on backtracking back and forth to find the devices to unlock the locked areas, it's still fun. I also like all the extra skills and weapons, especially Leo's poison darts. Ironically the TMNT feel more like actual ninjas here than they do in the movies. And since they're a lot of dialogue there's a lot more banter between brothers here. And no Mike perving over April.

I almost feel like this is the 3DS version of Out of the Shadows or just its own thing. The plot barely follows the movie at all (especially with Mousers, mutant rat monsters and the Rat King) it's basically an all-new game with the movie designs.

I have to say.... I 'm digging it. I rented it from Game Fly... def gonna buy it now. Hate the movie, love the game.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #51
LadyTMNT
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_a_Bunga View Post
anyone seen an official review on it? I am interested to hear what ign and people give it. It'd be funny if they gave it a better rating than the movie itself similar to the x men origins wolverine game. I want to see the movie before playing it as well, but I am thinking I might pick it up, luckily prices aren't bad on 3ds games
go to Gamespot.com for your reviews... it's one of the best sites for it
LadyTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTMNT View Post
go to Gamespot.com for your reviews... it's one of the best sites for it
No reviews on there either. I did see a few on YouTube. I'm gonna probably review this one soon.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #53
LadyTMNT
Thug

I actually just bought this game today... hopefully its worth while & better than the Nick TMNT game as some of you claim.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTMNT View Post
I actually just bought this game today... hopefully its worth while & better than the Nick TMNT game as some of you claim.
Let us know what you thought.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #55
ian_punk_03
Random Punk

I really loved this game and loved the new movie. I just wish eric sacks was the shredder like in the game because baxter stockman was cut from the movie. but still loved the movie hope baxter Stockman and more of karai is in tmnt 2 2016.
ian_punk_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:48 PM   #56
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Finally bought this game over ebay.

Here in the UK its going to be a rare one, it was limited to 1 shop only (ASDA) and every time I went in there to buy a copy they never had any.

There was 1 on ebay over Christmas that went for around £30 and I ended up paying £25 for mine a few days ago.

Will get started on it once I finish Professor Layton
Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Picked up this one off ebay for about $15 last month. I got to spend some time over Easter weekend completing all the missions.

I have to say that I commend Magic Pockets for developing this one. Much like their first game based on the Nick cartoon, it isn't terribly ambitious. The graphics are so-so and the environments and gameplay is very repetitive. That said, it's the kind of repetition I could get into. I appreciated the fact that the player isn't required to defeat all enemies and can evade large sections if desired. But the real entertainment for me was earning experience points to level up the Turtles and their weapons, which is ironic because I usually hate that sort of thing. The level up system really gives the Turtles some powerful and fun attacks as you swap back and forth between them during melees. The amount of enemies in the game are surprisingly diverse and have some unique attacks that alter the player's strategy.

I think the isometric angle works well for this type of game, in great contrast to the bizarre camera seen n the first Nick TMNT game. Reminds me a lot of those old 16-bit games that promoted "3D graphics" back in the day. I actually do wish the voice actors had recorded entire dialogue lines in addition to just the generic one-liners, if only to hear Cam Clarke's Leo some more!

In addition to the simplicity of the gameplay, I appreciate the fact that this game's cutscenes is probably the closest we'll ever come to seeing an original cut of the 2014 live-action film. We get teased with little bits of backstory regarding how April, Karai, and Baxter might have been portrayed in the original cut. Overall, I think the game is a little too easy on account of the insanely generous 99-item limit for pizza or special weapons. It was just way too easy to cover over mistakes when you can refill your health with the push of a button. The challenge was a little greater for me since my 3DS has unresponsive shoulder buttons though.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #58
Powder
So tired of this place

Huh, maybe this is worth getting after all, then. $15 wouldn't be much to throw down, should I find a similar deal when I get around to it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #59
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Huh, maybe this is worth getting after all, then. $15 wouldn't be much to throw down, should I find a similar deal when I get around to it.
I think you can probably find some enjoyment in it as a Turtles fan, as well as thinking there are many things that were also missed opportunities. Basically, this game was to be the first follow-up to very different film than the one that made it to the theatre.

The inclusion of Rat King and Slash as bosses in this game was a great surprise and both battles were pretty tricky to figure out in my first playthrough. Among the glaring missed opportunities was the final fight with Shredder (which plays more like a gauntlet of the game's greatest hits than display any real creativity), and the absence of seemingly necessary battles against Baxter (who insults you at almost every cutscene before making you fight someone else) and Karai (don't known if she was supposed to be in jail or what).

I've heard that there may be some game-breaking bugs in the game that pretty much lock you into an area that you can't progress from and pretty much ruin your save file but I never encountered any. Therefore, you might consider extreme caution when tempted to backtrack during a mission.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-29-2016 at 09:41 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, tmnt movie 3ds game, video games