The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this release?
I love it, Lionsgate did a great job 5 14.71%
It's good, I am just happy to have the OT completed 18 52.94%
Passable, at least Lionsgate gave us the complete Season 10 and 2 skipped episodes 9 26.47%
Poor...it could have been done better 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT Season 10 DVD review thread

TMNT Season 10 DVD review thread!

Well our childhood has finally been completed on DVD, so why not a review thread where we discuss the Season 10 episodes, the DVD set itself, and the special features Lionsgate included like the interviews and bonus episodes.

Its been a long time coming for these DVD releases, they started back in 2004 when the 2k3 series was only just entering its second season...and now we just completed them roughly 1 month before the Nick TMNT cartoon starts. So it took us an entire generation of TMNT and before ANOTHER generation of TMNT just to finish the original cartoon on DVD.

Also this release makes me kinda sad, knowing that after this the entire original series is now over...for a second time. Almost the same feeling I had when I first discovered the cartoon was ending back in 1996/1997.

Anyhow, for those who got their copy early, any thoughts?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Why do you keep posting things that are already being talked about and yet; most if not all is made by the same thing from you. Just stay with one thread..
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Why do you keep posting things that are already being talked about and yet; most if not all is made by the same thing from you. Just stay with one thread..
What are you talking about? This is a DVD review thread, those other threads were news threads announcing release dates.

Some people haven't watched the episodes in a long time (if ever), and might want to post about them.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Holy sh- I hadn't realized this was out already. I MUST GO TO THE STORE TOMORROW.

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. I see some just managed to get it early. Couldn't hurt to give a shop or two a call though, I guess.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Holy sh- I hadn't realized this was out already. I MUST GO TO THE STORE TOMORROW.
Not sure if sarcastic...but you might wait until Tuesday.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What are you talking about? This is a DVD review thread, those other threads were news threads announcing release dates
I've been on plenty of fourms where the news threads have also been used for reviews (like the Power Rangers Shout! Factory releases on Rangerboard), so there's no excuse for your spamming.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-11-2012 at 04:32 AM.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

The news thread will die and get buried. Its interesting that some people have early releases already. I wonder what the interviews were about and with who.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I know I'm sure looking forward to Tuesday. I think it's about time I used my Target giftcard.

Quote:
Also this release makes me kinda sad, knowing that after this the entire original series is now over...for a second time. Almost the same feeling I had when I first discovered the cartoon was ending back in 1996/1997.

Anyhow, for those who got their copy early, any thoughts?
Don't get disheartened, CC, you can always start threads complaining about how we haven't yet gotten the Turtle Tips on DVD.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Don't get disheartened, CC, you can always start threads complaining about how we haven't yet gotten the Turtle Tips on DVD.
Better yet, I'd like to see someone compile the best quality version of the Turtle Tips, post them online somewhere and allow fans to download them. Since they aren't full episodes but clips hopefully Lionsgate won't take them down.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Its been a long time coming for these DVD releases, they started back in 2004 when the 2k3 series was only just entering its second season...and now we just completed them roughly 1 month before the Nick TMNT cartoon starts. So it took us an entire generation of TMNT and before ANOTHER generation of TMNT just to finish the original cartoon on DVD.
It is remarkable to think that we've seen the 2nd major era of TMNT animation come and go since Lionsgate started releasing these DVDs. Back in 2004, I honestly thought the first season release might be the only one they would release. I seem to remember that their original plan was to release The Epic Begins rather than the first 5 episodes until David Wise contacted them and advised them against such a stunt.

We've also seen Lionsgate release some incredibly cheap cover art.
They used rip-off 4Kids stock art on volumes 2, 3, 4, 6, Season 5, and Season 8.
(They even used the same Donatello image on three different covers and the same Raphael on Volumes 5 and Season 4.)
On the Season 7 set they started ripping off the 2007 movie poses.

I once thought that they were waiting so long to release Seasons 9 and 10 because they were awaiting Nick to release some new TMNT stock art for them to rip off on future DVD covers.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes there was always the fear that they would stop somewhere in the middle. Also after the Season 8 DVD came in 2009 we had to wait almost 2 years till 2011 for Season 9. At the time it didn't seem like the last two seasons would ever come.

I really wonder how the DVDs have been selling. Obviously decent enough for Lionsgate to still make a profit off them.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Better yet, I'd like to see someone compile the best quality version of the Turtle Tips, post them online somewhere and allow fans to download them. Since they aren't full episodes but clips hopefully Lionsgate won't take them down.
What's stopping you from doing that yourself?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
What's stopping you from doing that yourself?
I don't have the Turtle Tip shorts.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action

Go find them.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
We've also seen Lionsgate release some incredibly cheap cover art.
They used rip-off 4Kids stock art on volumes 2, 3, 4, 6, Season 5, and Season 8.
(They even used the same Donatello image on three different covers and the same Raphael on Volumes 5 and Season 4.)
On the Season 7 set they started ripping off the 2007 movie poses.

I once thought that they were waiting so long to release Seasons 9 and 10 because they were awaiting Nick to release some new TMNT stock art for them to rip off on future DVD covers.

This decision by Lionsgate was all the more baffling to me because the initial Season 1 dvd had great cover art that actually reflected the way the turtles came to be recognized from the show. I'm not sure where that art came from, but it reminded me a lot of the old VHS covers. I remember I just happened to see it at Walmart one day shortly after its release and grabbed it immediately in disbelief. I was 16 or 17 at the time and didn't really care to buy or keep up with dvd releases back then. But from then on I've kept tabs on when new volumes/seasons were released and got all the subsequent releases on or around release day.

Anyways, just got my shipping notice on Season 10 from amazon. I'll have my copy Monday or Tues.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lionsgate probably doesn't have the rights to use the art from the old covers.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #17
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

this guy has had it for a week now.His review

prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I am more excited to simply have this DVD then watch it for the time being...I watched all the actual episode online only a few months ago. I guess seeing them in better quality would be fine though.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
SS_Turtle
Hench Mutant

I stopped buying these at volume 4, kept hoping they would release a complete box set.
I kind of hope they still do.....
SS_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Personally speaking, I'm torn between getting the Seasons 5-6 sets, this month, or maybe drop one and get 10, instead. I'm leaning toward the former, as 10 is the latest one, so I don't feel guilty about putting it off, vs. a earlier release. Besides, I'm insanely curious about Seasons 5-6, anyway.

Decisions, decisions, but this dilemma I admit I like.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote