Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #3041
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yes, but it's inevitable though. If you were to count up the number of incarnations of DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. series...it is countless. TMNT is an evergreen property and will likely be one of those franchises that never ends, and will still be around in some form decades from now. The way people like Vegita-san talk, it's as if they expect the franchise to just stop entirely or continue/revive an old cartoon that ended years ago...neither option is likely.

I do agree they should have waited a few years for another reboot though, the kids who grew up with the Nick show are probably teens now and I don't think they're ready for a new series, and new little kids could still watch the Nick one.
As I said, if others doing there is no reason why TMNT should follow the suit.

Why not to make something...(horrible thought)...original!
Like continuation of the series after timeskip. Or just using fresh and new stories altogether instead of rehashing old stuff.

I mean, I like to see new takes on the old stories, but at some point it becomes tiresome and loses originality.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #3042
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Nick makes original content as well. I'd also say these designs are original; horrendous, but original.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #3043
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
If they ever do another 80s crossover episode with this version. I hope they add some continuity by having the 80s turtles make a reference to the 2012 one.

they could say that they been to another universe that's 3 dimensional then here before.
Even though most fans are already burnt out by the Fred Wolf crossover, I for one love them, because it feels to me like additional episodes to the OT.

Would be awesome if one of these series took the time to dive a bit more into why they are crossing to multiple dimensions. Like... have it be more than a coincidence.

Also, while I liked 2007 movie, it always felt more like a movie version of the 2003 cartoon than the 4th Turtles movie. Although I think it can go either way.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:51 AM   #3044
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I do agree they should have waited a few years for another reboot though, the kids who grew up with the Nick show are probably teens now and I don't think they're ready for a new series, and new little kids could still watch the Nick one.
I've seen a few comments where some seem to think that only the children who started with the show would have watched it. This show was the current show, so current kids would pick it up. My son was a baby when 2012 started, his picked up when he was 4, he's loved the turtles since.
The age group that would have watched 2012 but still be young enough to get into Rise will have 2 shows in their childhood.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 AM   #3045
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I just hope they have something in the works for older fans. They spent a lot of money on buying TMNT. Surely they will want to keep exploring new avenues. I hope.
Oh, I'm sure they'll continue to chug out more Retro styled merch and call that a day. We got FW Monopoly, maybe FW Risk or Ludo.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:16 AM   #3046
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Welp, I finally saw that clip thing about this series. My cousin shared it with me, The designs are kind of ugly to me, but meh. Doesn't matter much, I guess. I have no real qualms of there being a black April as well. My problem is Raph and Leo...just doesn't sit right with me. Leo as the self-proclaimed cool guy? Raph as the leader? Just feels terribly off...but I guess we should wait and see how it's actually executed before making any real judgment...
Old 02-03-2018, 06:10 AM   #3047
LilithMV
Thug

I'm really divided on the new design.

One part of me wonder why it seem like the designers sat down and asked each other how more wonky and ugly can we make another iteration of the green dudes?
It's not that hard to make them look cool, really. Way to much pointy-ness going on. It looks like a mix between 2k3 turtles (but missing the cool look of the 2k3 dudes) and the recent movie versions. Thrown in with something else from a Nick cartoon.

The other part of me know it won't matter because children. Kids won't care, in general. They like and want their parents to buy them everything anyway.

Older fans reactions, if going buy Twitter and Instagram, is negative. Not a good sign but again I think the new show might do good. Kids will watch it and buy the toys and play the games.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:39 AM   #3048
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Imagine if this series is going the "Teen Titans Go!" route. I'd skip this like it's an ad on YouTube.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:02 AM   #3049
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I've seen a few comments where some seem to think that only the children who started with the show would have watched it. This show was the current show, so current kids would pick it up. My son was a baby when 2012 started, his picked up when he was 4, he's loved the turtles since.
The age group that would have watched 2012 but still be young enough to get into Rise will have 2 shows in their childhood.
That's what my childhood was like actually. Where I'm living, they were showing both the 80's and 2003 show concurrently. The great thing was that I always knew which one was on since the 80's was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles while the 2003 was just Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'd watch either one anyway. Looking back it's funny that I never really questioned the tone of the shows being quite different from each other. I was definitely more into the 2003 show but I still enjoyed the old show when it was on.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 AM   #3050
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

wow...I do NOT like the animation style one bit! splinter looks hideous! turtles are kinda ugly too. i'll watch the first few episodes to give it a fair shake, but esthetically, its at the bottom of the barrel

edit:
the new animation style reminds me of Andy Kuhn tmnt, but not as good.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:50 AM   #3051
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Its weird to me that people are confused by them being different species of turtles and still brothers. There are tons of people walking around with brothers and sisters who aren’t blood related. I mean, Splinter isn’t their real father but he’s still their father. It’s the exact same thing.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #3052
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Its weird to me that people are confused by them being different species of turtles and still brothers. There are tons of people walking around with brothers and sisters who aren’t blood related. I mean, Splinter isn’t their real father but he’s still their father. It’s the exact same thing.
I don't think it's that people don't understand that, they just noticed that this time they won't be blood whereas previously it was assumed they were, though I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed? (as already talked about this earlier on).

Last edited by newfan; 02-03-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #3053
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No, it's been discussed in the past, don't think it was ever confirmed if they are blood and just left to interpretation.

Although if you've got a handful of turtles about the same age coming from a small city pet shop originally in the early 1980s, prior to these big chain franchised pet shops ever existing... I imagine chances are good that they'd be blood siblings.

But this new one reaaaally needs to cover how this bunch end up together. And why.

Crazy turtle lady, er, collector whose water supply was tainted with mutagen? edit: Then again, maybe the collector was actually a guy named Yoshi.

Also, good luck to Mikey if this series expects them all to be good swimmers "because Turtles."

Rise of the TMNT: Three Turtles and a Tortoise.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-03-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:00 AM   #3054
Donaterro
Thug

Sorry guys, I don't like the designs, I don't like the weapon and personality changes, I just don't..

That said I wasn't sold on the 2012 designs either, but the show was really good (first 2 seasons for sure) and I enjoyed it on the whole. (Season 5 was a mixed bag, and the Space arc from season 4 had maybe 2-3 good episodes among mostly bad ones, but I digress..)

This show could be good, it could be great. You never really know.

I hope it's good, I hope it becomes my favourite series ever, we should all hope that things are good for the franchise. I want some good video games out of this too, (though I actually really enjoyed the buggy mess of Out of the Shadows, it was basically Arkham Turtles which isn't a bad thing at all)..

but, I think we can all agree the PD movies were pretttyyyyyyy bad. I'd like a stronger effort on that front, like Batman Begins strong.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #3055
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

What if we get to the last episode of Rise and it turns out to be something that is being written by Mirage Michelangelo?

Yeah I know, I know, that will never happen
Old 02-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #3056
Vegita-San
Emperor

that would actually be kind of cool and fitting for something so goofy looking.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #3057
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That would be pretty awesome actually.

Alternately, if crossovers in this one ignores them again, finally cameo the 2003 Turtles that way in a final scene with that Mikey asking his brothers what they think of his new comic.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #3058
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's Pixel Dan's thoughts on the designs.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #3059
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaterro View Post
That said I wasn't sold on the 2012 designs either, but the show was really good (first 2 seasons for sure) and I enjoyed it on the whole. (Season 5 was a mixed bag, and the Space arc from season 4 had maybe 2-3 good episodes among mostly bad ones, but I digress..)
The space arc had some of my favorite eps of the series, "Dimension X Story" "The Cosmic Ocean," and Aeon ep, and a lot of the Triceraton focused eps. That said the one with the space gremlins, on Dregg's planet were pretty dull. I enjoyed most of the eps a lot when I rewatched the whole series last year. The Wyrm/Mikey's mind ep also depend on peoples style of humor.

The 2012 designs themselves were pretty standard, outside of making the Turtles all look unique for once, they were pretty much the norm for the art style.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #3060
Vegita-San
Emperor

the pixel dan lower left artwork is better than the official stuff

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters