The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #241
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’m definitely not betting on seeing Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in this.

John Schnepp at Collider Videos essentially started the rumor that it was definitely happening. He’s a great enthusiast for comics, a funny guy, but a little bull-headed when it comes to industry rumors/gossip.
Plus the cameo would be pointless. Peter Parker's involvement in Venom's origin is more than just a cameo.

I think what's gonna happen is the entire movie will have 0 to do with Spider-Man (which is stupid and doesn't explain why movie Venom uses webs) but we'll see a cameo on tv or a billboard or something as a throwaway non-plot related cameo... and all the comic geeks are gonna be like 'See? Spider-Man was in it! It's 100% like the comics now!'

We only saw Venom's face in the trailer. His full body is gonna look boring all in black without the spider logo to break it up some.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #242
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Say hello to Venom

Old 07-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #243
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Another face shot. Guess they're afraid to show wether or not he'll have the spider logo across his chest.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-31-2018, 07:16 AM   #244
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #245
Coola Yagami
Overlord

God damn. If we can forget Spider-Man exists and see Venom as a stand alone character, then damn, this could be a good movie.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:36 AM   #246
AquaParade
Banned

Such a fascinating film. From the start of production to this trailer, I still can't really believe it's happening.

That trailer didn't come off too great to me. While the dialogue was worth a chuckle, I don't think it makes the film appear to be very well written, overall. And despite loving the look of the symbiotes, it's going to be a challenge for them to get me invested in two cgi-monsters duking it out on screen.

I'm still looking forward to this, but if it turns out the way I think, I'll definitely be waiting for home-release.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #247
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Only minor nitpick... why was Venom using sharp items like Carnage? I know technically Venom could do that if he wanted but turning your hands/arms into blade objects is Carnage's thing.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:48 AM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, if this does well this will definitely be the Venom you wind up seeing in the MCU.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:15 PM   #249
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I read that this movie is going to be R rated.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...ben-fleischer/
Quote:
Speaking to ComicBook.com at San Diego Comic Con, Venom director Ruben Fleischer was asked if his film is approaching an R-rating or, at the very least, pushing the boundaries of violence and darkness. After all, Venom is a character known to be quite intimidating in Marvel Comics, given his violent and horrifying nature.

"That's the plan," Fleischer said. "It is not the plan, that's the movie. Our movie wants to honor the comics as close as we can tonally. In the comics, he bites people's heads off and eats brains. It would be weird to make a movie with Venom if he wasn't doing that. We tried to honor it as closely as possible. This is definitely a darker, more violent, more vicious Marvel character than I think anyone's ever seen before."
Old 07-31-2018, 09:55 PM   #250
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I hope they won’t turn Venom into a good guy aka Maleficent.

Let villains/anti-heroes be who they truly are. Still, I’m very excited for this.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #251
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Spoiler:

I honestly thought he said "sacs" instead of "snacks" in the trailer. Hardy's voice is so odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #252
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I hope they won’t turn Venom into a good guy aka Maleficent.

Let villains/anti-heroes be who they truly are. Still, I’m very excited for this.
The heroes of their own stories?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #253
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, if this does well this will definitely be the Venom you wind up seeing in the MCU.
I wouldn't bet on that at all.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #254
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I wouldn't bet on that at all.
It's probably more likely than not, I don't see the MCU introducing another new Venom on top of this, it would confuse casual audiences who aren't aware that Sony is making their own Spiderman-centric movies when Tom Holland is part of the MCU.

Again it depends if this is a success. If this movie is horrible or bombs in the box office, then you're right, we won't see this in the MCU. If it makes a lot of money on the other hand, and/or Sony greenlits Venom 2...then I'd say it's possible.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #255
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We won't see Venom in the MCU unless this movie becomes a massive hit, even if it does decent, it won't be enough The MCU can do their Spidey movies without Venom. And I kinda hope this movie bombs, you can make a movie of Venom without spider-man but getting rid of his web, the white spider and that's not venom anymore. They should've kept the origin vague, I mean it's 2018 who cares about origin movies anymore, no one wants to see Venom use Carnage's gimmicks.

Venom is one of my favorite characters but it's too little too late, Sony and Fox had plenty of stuff to work with to make "their" own MCU but didn't which would've been the best as Disney wouldn't be able to handle all the characters properly but that ship has sailed and now Disney owns everything so trying this is just dumb. So this movie should go ahead and bomb so Sony negotiates with Disney and they get the rights back.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #256
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
It's probably more likely than not, I don't see the MCU introducing another new Venom on top of this, it would confuse casual audiences who aren't aware that Sony is making their own Spiderman-centric movies when Tom Holland is part of the MCU.

Again it depends if this is a success. If this movie is horrible or bombs in the box office, then you're right, we won't see this in the MCU. If it makes a lot of money on the other hand, and/or Sony greenlits Venom 2...then I'd say it's possible.
I think that line of thinking normally works. Money talks, so why wouldn't Marvel invite Sony in and "kill a few birds with one stone"? But I don't think Marvel needs or desires Venom enough to tangle their webs even further with Sony. Once they open the door to Venom, what does that mean for other Spider-Man universe films that Sony produces? Are those also tied in, if Venom was? What if they don't gel with the MCU as well as Venom does?

Lots of complications once you incorporate Venom. When you are breaking records with characters the general public has never heard of, why bend over backwards to incorporate Tom Hardy's Venom? At this point, Sony films are more trouble than their worth for the MCU.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #257
CyberCubed
Overlord

With Sony development Spiderman-centric spinoff movies, the thing is Marvel can ignore them if they bomb. I'm sure they don't like the brand recognition being damaged, but if Venom is a hit or too popular he may be used.

Tom Holland even said in an interview he'd like to see Spiderman go against Venom. IMO it's probably only a matter of time before Spiderman has a cameo in a Venom movie, if he doesn't in this one.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #258
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
With Sony development Spiderman-centric spinoff movies, the thing is Marvel can ignore them if they bomb. I'm sure they don't like the brand recognition being damaged, but if Venom is a hit or too popular he may be used.

Tom Holland even said in an interview he'd like to see Spiderman go against Venom. IMO it's probably only a matter of time before Spiderman has a cameo in a Venom movie, if he doesn't in this one.
I can definitely imagine a scenario where Tom Holland ends up as Spider-Man, facing Venom, in a movie strictly produced by Sony. I still wouldn't personally bet on it, but it seems plausible.

Marvel can ignore Sony's spinoff movies, if they bomb, up until they incorporate Venom. Then it gets messy.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #259
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #260
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The toys are out.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i love pg-13, sony lucks out