The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #101
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That machine looks cool. Let us know if it works.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #102
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Hey Vegita-San, if you send me $500 over Pay-Pal I'll send you a "Ghost Rock". I heard they can communicate with spirits.
Man, you know your offer is falling on blocked ears.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #103
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is Vegita-san for real? Every time he reveals something new about his life I'm sitting here flabbergasted.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #104
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Man, you know your offer is falling on blocked ears.
This is the real deal. No way he'll pass up on this one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #105
eskater
Foot Soldier

I only have one story. I grew up Catholic although I wouldn't say I'm a very good practicing one and to a larger extent my parents would probably be in the same boat. But there's one story that floats around my family about an experience my dad had when he was younger living in a small village in Mexico that seems to get validated by more and more people in my family the older I get. It's about a ghost rider (or what I call it now these days).
When dad was younger he was kind of a rebellious, headstrong kid. One night he wants to go out on his horse but my grandmother adamantly tells him not to go, that he should be afraid of what goes on out there and of her, the details here get muddled a bit but the gist of this part is that he's rebelling against his mom. The next part is him saying he isn't afraid of anyone, no one not even the devil himself then goes outside and yells to sky for "the devil" or any demon to come at him if they dare.
He then goes out, because screw it right. At this point it's important to point out that he's in a remote village and his transportation from place to place is via horseback (that he swindled someone out of, that part is 100% accurate). After a bit of riding he sees someone behind him on horseback and he figures it's someone just trying to screw with him ;he bucks the horse to go faster to try to lose this guy jumping over fences and all sorts of stuff but when he finally turns back he sees that this guy is gaining on him. He gets a little scared and makes the horse go even faster and the guy keeps gaining on him more and more; finally he can get a good look at his face and he sees fire, an outline of a skull and fire coming out of it with eyes that pierce into him. From he on out he's freaking the F out. He overexerates his horse and finally makes it back home (at some point he decided it was probably best to try to turn around back to his village from another route). When he gets back home he's steaming and my aunt swears there was some ash on him. He never saw this "person" again, like anywhere and didn't even see where the guy headed off to after this.
This story was first told to me by my grandmother (I thought she was messing with me) then my aunts and finally one day I just asked my dad about it. The only thing he told me is that he still doesn't fear the devil (family is still at least somewhat devout Catholics) but that he does respect him (it/her whatever you want to go with). Now I know "paranormal" stuff or ghosts or demons or anything are usually things the mind can play tricks on you for. After all the mind can make up fake memories, those memories can be sort of "implanted" in your mind through various methods and a lot of this can even be implied through religious convictions as well; I still second guess this story honestly but this is by far the realest paranormal thing I've ever felt come from anyone especially from my family. Anyway that's my only "paranormal" experience I can attest to.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:18 PM   #106
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

eskater, thanks for your story, sounded pretty fear inducing. I can't imagine being in your father's position, what we went through sounds like pure nightmare fuel, and yet he still doesn't fear the devil? that truly takes guts even if it didn't really happen, since your father believes it did.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #107
Vegita-San
Emperor

why does all the weird stuff happen when i'm home by myself?

just heard a weird sound that seemed like either a Drill going or some kind of weird muffled humming. hmmm..mmm..mmmmmm..mmm..mmmmmm

only lasted for 2 seconds. proably not paranormal, but it was a VERY weird and very loud sound that I have no idea where it came from on a rainy day when i know no one else is outside working on stuff...

just another odd occurance to file away.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #108
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

My mother and I both saw a UFO in a city park about 12 years ago...

This huge saucer like object was spinning around in the night sky with various colored light patterns for at least 45 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #109
Vegita-San
Emperor

I thought I started this one. no wonder i couldn't find it..

my newest experience is my wall hanging lightsaber. TWICE now I've found it hanging twisted and perfectly balanced on the wall nail it's hanging on. last time it twisted right. this time, while reading comics down stairs, i come back up just an hour ago and notice it twisting perfectly balanced facing left. only thing i could say is 'oh, come on, really?' there is no wind. the windows are not open. and there where no vibrations I noticed.

My Stay Puft Figure from mattel also has three small un explainable scratches on it as well. I just noticed those a few months ago.

all little weird things that make you think.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:59 PM   #110
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I can never really get past the skeptic in me, so do I believe it to really be something? Eh... There could always be some other explanation.

But it's really really odd that my vehicle just randomly smelled like coffee just before reaching my house while coming home from the store a little bit ago.

My immediate thought was maybe it came from a neighbor's house as I passed, just one or two down from us, but I dunno, it's a bit of a stretch to expect a coffee maker that is, knowing these house plans, likely in a kitchen at the back of a house and manage to moderately fill my vehicle with the scent of coffee with the window only down just a little.

I figured maybe something outside just coincidentally smelling like it, but no... No coffee smell when I got out of the car.

Maybe it was nothing, but it was strange. I don't drink coffee, so nothing has ever been spilled, nor have I ever bought any or had it in the car.

The only real coffee drinker ever in my car once in a while was my dad, who will have passed 2 years (already ) next month. And, well, if some "ghostly presence" of him would smell like something, it would definitely be coffee... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #111
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Every now and then Mr D will smell his dad's aftershave here in the apartment, and he passed from pancreatic caancer several years ago. Or the recliner in the living room will creak and rock back a little. And there is a plush duck that will quack once and then be silent. It was a get well gift to his dad while he was ill with the cancer, and got passed to Mr D after he died.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 AM   #112
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've picked up the scent of someone who has passed previously, not sure if it's triggered by memory though.
Like Indigo I can be skeptical, but not closed off, people close to me have had experiences and I believe them, just I like to look for an explanation also, sometimes it can be easily explained, others, not so much
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #113
Vegita-San
Emperor

we've had strange smells happen randomly before. most noteably the huge cigars my grandfather used to smoke...has popped up recently.

I have the house to myself this week, and just before the other occupant left for vacation, something moved in my closet at 2AM. no idea what it was. joy .
Old 04-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #114
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A night ago, was lying in bed when my door suddenly slammed open by itself and then shut by itself in a way that seemed like there was intention behind it (the door knob turned as it opened/closed). There was no one there, no wind and I know for a fact I wasn't dreaming.

Didn't think much of it after it happened, although I did have pretty bizzare dreams after falling asleep.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #115
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I had a vision where my dad exploded/imploded.

It ... was a terrifying experience. It almost seemed real.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:58 AM   #116
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I had a vision where my dad exploded/imploded.

It ... was a terrifying experience. It almost seemed real.
By vision, do you mean a dream during the night or something else?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 AM   #117
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
By vision, do you mean a dream during the night or something else?
I mean ... just a random vision I had.

I think it occurred on a random day; I don't remember.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote