The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #6161
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Nasty. Is your work covering the bill?

What bill? There isn't one unless I end up getting stitches. Or did you mean the cost of gauze pads and bandages? LOL! I doubt they would anyway. No bennies here unless you are in management. Work comp is also spotty at best. Never even seen a case since I've been here. Four years mind you.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #6162
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That sucks, Duckie. Hope things get better for you.

Raining today and going to rain tomorrow. Just not cool.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #6163
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The way car insurance keeps going up a few more dollars at each renewal. I kind of hate that it's $40+ (maybe closer to $50) more a month now than it was when I originally got this insurance years ago, and through no cause of my own. That crap adds up, dammit. >.>

Also... eBay emails.

"An item you've been watching has been relisted!"

NOW: $28.99
Was: $24.99

That's not how that works! Ebay expects people to get excited that a relisted item went up in price?
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #6164
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The way car insurance keeps going up a few more dollars at each renewal. I kind of hate that it's $40+ (maybe closer to $50) more a month now than it was when I originally got this insurance years ago, and through no cause of my own. That crap adds up, dammit. >.>

Also... eBay emails.

"An item you've been watching has been relisted!"

NOW: $28.99
Was: $24.99

That's not how that works! Ebay expects people to get excited that a relisted item went up in price?
I get those too. Amazon also likes sending me a ton when certain DC Collectibles figures go down just a few cents.
Sorry bout your ear, Duckie. I hope it doesn't give you any further grief. Sounds like a hell of a work day.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:24 AM   #6165
DarkFell
Mad Scientist

Sorry about the ear injury Duckie.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #6166
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
What bill? There isn't one unless I end up getting stitches. Or did you mean the cost of gauze pads and bandages? LOL! I doubt they would anyway. No bennies here unless you are in management. Work comp is also spotty at best. Never even seen a case since I've been here. Four years mind you.
Sorry I misunderstood - I read that you had someone look at it, but I guess I was transfixed by the idea of a 50 burrito tray and I missed the context.

Is it looking OK now?
Old 08-16-2016, 01:46 AM   #6167
Jephael
That whack job behind you

At the moment, my current gear grinder is mods deleting/altering posts without so much as a Private Message to explain why they made that decision. I wanted to do some reflecting on some stuff I was going through a few years back and sifted through several pages of this very thread, looking for a few particular posts between me and Leo, only to see the entire conversation has been totally erased.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Sadly I no longer frequent this community, but please give it a shot. You never know who you might connect with. I will forever cherish the fond memories I have of the fandom as it was in its heyday. Peace and love to you all - Later, dudes!!!

Last edited by Jephael; 08-16-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #6168
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That certain dramatic family member to whom nothing will ever be good enough because that magical land of "enough" that they apparently believe in does not actually exist! Drive themselves mad with that nonsense and do the same to everyone else who presently exists around them.

Mostly right now it's over the fact that there is a Mad Hatter theme tea party-ish "meet the baby" thing this weekend for my nephew. My mother of course has gone overboard with stuff and won't really adhere to what my sister does and doesn't want to do for it in terms of decorating, etc. (she'd rather keep it subtle, while mother dearest clearly doesn't understand the concept of subtle) and of course now is having a melt down over how the house looks. Despite the fact that the larger majority of the clutter and nonsense is her own doing and no amount of anything we could help with is going to be enough in the end... Just having the place tidied up is never going to be enough to her. But it's a house, it doesn't look bad, just lived in... who cares, it's kind of the norm for most people. And if anyone we know enough and care about enough to have gotten an invite is going to come over here and judge the place, then they are a jackass and don't need to return.

Just frustrating to come home to someone acting like this and pulling an attitude after a long, tiring day at work when you just want some peace and relax and not deal with anymore drama.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #6169
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sorry to hear that, Indigo. Family drama is never good.

My gear grinds are that I missed the TMNT episode because I was watching golf for my grandma who doesn't get the Golf Channel and I was helping to clean the house before my dad returns home, that it rained all day yesterday and I didn't get to watch wrestling because the signal kept going out, and that I just had the runs a little bit ago from the heat.

Granted, missing the TMNT episode isn't that big of a deal because it was for a good reason with the cleaning we had to do.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #6170
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Does Nick.com let you watch it?

I hate that Nick never repeats the new episodes again during the week. Anything else they seem to repeat a few times, but TMNT? Oh god no, who in their right mind would ever think of doing that.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #6171
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Sorry Bubbly. I'm pretty behind on the show myself since I cut the cable cord some time ago. I'm looking forward to bingewatching the season 4 episodes soon.
My gear grinder is waiting that last five or seven minutes before it's time to take dinner out of the oven. Time seems to slow down when you're either hungry or bored.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #6172
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Sorry I misunderstood - I read that you had someone look at it, but I guess I was transfixed by the idea of a 50 burrito tray and I missed the context.

Is it looking OK now?

LOL! It was one of the big storage trays they put them in after they are rolled in the morning. (Little secret- they are premade and kept in the walk in cooler until needed.) I just asked the medical tech who checked all the equipment and IV, etc to take a look at it for me while she was doing her rounds in my hubby's room. She helped me with some new bandages after it had started bleeding again.

Update on that- turns out it was actually much higher up than my earring hole so that is still intact. Just couldn't tell because it is hard to see where the hole is. But it is looking much better now and doesn't appear to need stitches. Yay, I guess? Still hurts anytime something brushes it. Still can't sleep on that side either.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #6173
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Indigo, it doesn't matter if the site lets me watch it or not because it will still use up my Internet minutes and that just sucks.

Now I just found out Dad may be getting discharged sooner rather than later and that's not a good thing as we don't have everything ready for him yet. We don't even have a hospital bed for him. Seriously, this just isn't cool right now as this is adding more stress to my mom than she needs right now.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #6174
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, gottcha. I tend to forget minutes are still a thing since we use an unlimited service at home and I don't go online with a phone.

Hope things go okay with your dad.

Grind... I really kind of hate when someone uses the bath tub and leaves it soapy after it drains, that way it dries with a pretty much undetectable film of soap coating it, so when I turn on the shower the floor of the tub becomes immediately slick. I keep hoping that I don't one day slip and crack my head on anything.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #6175
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, we have broadband that Mom and I use on our laptops with a USB that connects our computers to the Internet. It would be good to get unlimited minutes or even Wi-Fi, but we live in the country and we can't get that out here which is a shame.

As for Dad, I just found out that he may be discharged on August 24 instead of September 23 as originally planned. The rehab center is doing everything they can to prolong it and get him more time, but we don't know if that will be the case. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #6176
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

On the good sign of things, I finally got around to taking my morning medications for the first time in weeks.

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the very reason why I hesitated to do it for so long. No matter what I eat, I get incredibly stomach sick to the point I want to wretch, but my gag reflexes won't allow it. Feeling a little better now, and once I get something more to eat, I should be okay.

But man...it sucks. Good thing I'm not at an airport, because that's where it tends to be the worst.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #6177
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Sorry about your stomach, Utrommaniac. Hope it eases up.
Hope things go alright with your dad, Bubbly. And I remember those annoying Internet minutes! I'm glad we switched over to unlimited service.
Yeah Indigo, I know what you mean regarding bathtubs. I've got family in Memphis and Arkansas who do the same thing. Ironically, the tub is the only place where I either fall or crash into things. I can't say I like the ever-popular shower caddies of Damocles most of my family members tend to hang up.Ya fall due to a slippery tub, then you've got the bonus of shampoo bottles tumbling down to greet ya. They don't make suction cups like they used to. Well either that, or they got Bebop and Rocksteady churning them out now.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #6178
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lets see... today's annoyances largely consist of:

1) The 'system' being down at work for my entire shift; not known if just us or if it is a nation-wide issue for the company. Cashiers could still ring up customers luckily, though other things were affected including part of my own duties. Even other stuff that was functioning was annoyingly laggy and refusing at times.

2) Coworker. It was nice to have someone else working on the second floor as well, that doesn't happen often enough, but... while this girl is nice and I like her in that regard, I find her rather lazy.

I had sale signs to deal with (which I even waited for a while to see if the system came back up because we're supposed to scan a bar code on both old and new signs as we switch them - though I ended up having to do it unscanned) and Ms. Coworker was supposed to be helping straighten and get product out on the floor. I don't think she ever straightened a thing and most of the stuff she helped put out was when I was there helping do it while I was waiting to see if the system came back up.

After I gave up and went to do the signs unscanned... yeah, it looks like the only thing she did was find a little bit of girls 'junk' accessories stuff to bring out, then proceeded to waste time rearranging the whole accessories display instead of just finding space for it and moving on to getting other stuff out. Not only that, but a couple areas of that display were collections I'd put out myself and it looked damned nice if I do say so... she ruined all that in the process of this time wasting. I wasn't pleased.

There's quite a bit of clothing that could and NEED to be brought out, and was any of it...? Nope. I wish my manager wasn't on vacation. I wish someone would notice this girl's lack of drive.

As it is, later, when I took some things that belonged downstairs down and to get whatever needed to go back up with me, she'd gone back downstairs by then and was just hanging out by the registers with one of the cashiers, fiddling with her phone. Yeah, I'm totally not shooting the far wall an annoyed look while I'm busy working.

And heck, last week when my lead (who was also not there today) had she and I both straightening up the kitchen department, this girl would not grasp the concept of picking an aisle that hasn't been hit - instead she continued to follow along and poke at the aisles I'd been doing. Even after I commented that I'd done 'that side' already. If only my lead had stayed there instead of wandering off.

It irritates me that the laziness of her and maybe one other working on the first floor were largely the cause of us having to now stay an hour later after close, instead of our shift ending at close like it used to. I still feel like it's an unfair punishment to have to stay late like that, since I always busted my own ass to make sure the second floor was good by the time I left... while lazier people aren't pulling as much weight, nor do the cashiers ever have to help out.

Basically, this girl annoys me. She's nice, but the lack of work effort... ugh. If they continue to have her work upstairs some of the time (now that my fellow hardworking upstairs coworker just retired last week) and not enough gets done, I hope THEN that they might actually notice. Or at least ask me about it. Because if I'm having to do most everything when I'm there while she does little during her shift...

What's amusing is that she commented/complained about having been the only one to do all this stuff all by herself yesterday, like I'm supposed to have sympathy or be impressed at her handling it all alone when that has been my life for months. Clueless that she was preaching to the choir.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #6179
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Gear grind for this week: it seems my state recently made it mandatory to have a food-handler permit for any one who works in restaurants. That of course includes fast food. Now it USED to be decided county by county- some required it, others didn't. When we moved here, it was from one that did to one that didn't. Now I just had to take the stupid course for this AGAIN, along with a test, that I had to pay for myself, just to do the job I've been doing for YEARS. And then my printer had a psychotic episode and would not print the certificate. It kept saying the tray was out of paper; meanwhile it was grabbing paper out of the FULL tray (!?) and then spitting it back out three or four sheets at a time without printing a darn thing! It was just grabbing sheets and spitting them back at me, and going "I'm out of paper!!" So I had to trek down to the library- in the rain- and print a copy today so I can still work. I was smart though, and had the site email it to me so I could just open my email to print it when I got there. But lawd do I hate food safety tests..... (For anyone who has never enjoyed this particularly joyful experience, it is the most inane and ridiculously obvious rules for food storage, equipment cleaning and temperature control one could devise.)

Old 08-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #6180
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's stupid that an existing employee should have to pay to do it. The state needs to give you guys some kind of reimbursement for that...

Long day at work and doing stuff that I figured I'd be feeling it tomorrow, but scratch that, I'm already feeling it.

And then how logic works (or rather it doesn't) for my mother: "Why are you tired, you have off tomorrow." Wah? That isn't how things work!

(No, don't inquire about why I'm tired, etc, just judge it instead... why would I expect any different.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-19-2016 at 07:37 PM.