The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #7961
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I've been having a really weird period of feeling down.
Welcome to my world.

It hit an apex this time last year and I'm REALLY hoping not to have a relapse. so far thanks to medication it seems to be going a little better. never live ten years + with OCD and Anxiety unchecked.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #7962
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grinds...

When your crackers are too weak for your spread cheese and keep breaking too easily while trying so spread it...

Bonus grind... when you want to try to make a gif out of those TMNT sticker frames to go along with above grind, but in the process of trying to get rid of background color it just ends up with messy edges.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-24-2018 at 06:37 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:19 AM   #7963
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
There is an H R, but I’ve gone down that road on a different matter and it was basically career suicide. I was a fast up and coming “star” in the company before that. Now, stuck in career quagmire.

I’ve been looking for another job since late 2016, but there isn’t anything comparable around here and I have an aging parent that I need to stick close to. At the end of the day I am the sole income for my family. I’m kinda stuck for now.
Welcome Katie to the actual reality of reporting and fighting against toxic work environments, in which a strong pursuit toward reporting and fighting against it, leads to career risk. As much as the media loves to blame and portray "the workplace culture created by widespread numerous bigoted individuals" and virtue signal about it, as you have most likely seen, all it takes is a few individuals in power (in the right power structure) to create a toxic work environment for many, in which harassment can abound. Even if a superior isn't bigoted or narcissistic, no superior wants to be known as the one who "created waves" in the company, and sink their own shots of career advancement in/outside the company when it comes to pulling up their personnel file/references.

On that thought, you'd be surprised just how many people have tried to "fight the good fight" and speak out, and the subsequent career backlash they have received.

As you have probably already experienced, don't fully trust the HR department in a company/workplace. They are not there to mediate and resolve workplace relationships on any type of virtuous pedestal that they portray their company values stand for, but rather they are a legal and public relations division of the company that pursues the company's best interests. Let's not forget who's paying the HR department's salaries now...

Quote:
What was relayed to me as an “example” of my hard opinions was when I got frustrated at my cube-mate for some very racist things he was saying. “People infringing on my European privledge”. I sh!t you not. At work.

I told him I didn’t care to hear such things because even though I look white, I’m not. I’m biracial. I was not mean or agressive and I said it in as even s tone as I could. Now I am a “snowflake” and “Pocahontas”.

And when I take it to my boss....I need to soften my opinions. And Cube-mate continues his nasty remarks everyday.

Good times.
Quote:
Yeah, Fuzzy ethics in this company. EEOC my a$$.

I’d love to take that guy out. Like, if I had nothing else to lose, just punch the crap out of him. But. Gotta. Be. Soft.
Quote:
Heh, those comments were the topic of conversation today.

Sad thing for me is that I 100% know that when I tell people I’m from Alabama, they judge me just as if I say the things this guy does. All because that’s all anyone ever sees from here.
Are you sure, he's that racist... outside of work? Or is he deliberately saying these things in front of you, knowing you'll be upset and hot-tempered, trying to affect your work performance and appearance, so it makes him look better? It wouldn't be surprising since you were a rising star in the company, where his motivations are based more on envy rather than his inherent bigotry. Office politics can run deep... very deep...

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 01-24-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 AM   #7964
Katie
Just...way too serious.

No he is. He had no way of knowing what my actual political beliefs were when he said those things. I don’t talk politics at work. It’s rude and causes problems. I had enough after SEVERAL conversations which I ignored, so he probably thought he was safe saying that stuff. I am not hot tempered and I wasn’t loud or rude. I told him to stop saying that stuff around me.

He doesn’t affect my work quality, I still do my thing and clean up his lazy work daily. That’s the other thing. He constantly asks me for help doing his work and doesn’t bother to learn what he’s doing. He’s a failed manager from another department and because my company won’t fire people he got reassigned and is bitter about it.

He constantly talks to his college age daughters and says the same stuff to them.

He’s not messing with me. Even if he was that’s a dick move. He’s really just a scared old white dude who thinks all brown people are out to kill him or steal his job/kids/life. He says that stuff all the time.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #7965
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We should be allowed to deport such crappy citizens...

Grind...

Customer stops me on the way to take my break, asking if I can check a price. Sure, no problem. Customer halfheartedly holds item up and doesn't bother to even just turn it around so I can scan the damn thing, let alone hardly get to the bar code.

Before I leave him, he asks if I can also check the price on the kitchen knife he had. Why in gods name would you at least not turn it over so the bar code is visible, facing up, so the person can scan it? Is it stupidity or the epitome of laziness? Or purposeful inconsiderateness toward 'lowly retail workers.' His wife literally had to take it from his hand to turn it over. If the man was blind or something I could understand, but no way did that appear to be the case...

And given that I only have two hands, one to hold the gadget we use to scan stuff, etc, and the other holding onto my water bottle and food... Eesh. Those are the only two hands I have, sorry.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-24-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #7966
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
No he is. He had no way of knowing what my actual political beliefs were when he said those things. I don’t talk politics at work. It’s rude and causes problems. I had enough after SEVERAL conversations which I ignored, so he probably thought he was safe saying that stuff. I am not hot tempered and I wasn’t loud or rude. I told him to stop saying that stuff around me.

He doesn’t affect my work quality, I still do my thing and clean up his lazy work daily. That’s the other thing. He constantly asks me for help doing his work and doesn’t bother to learn what he’s doing. He’s a failed manager from another department and because my company won’t fire people he got reassigned and is bitter about it.

He constantly talks to his college age daughters and says the same stuff to them.

He’s not messing with me. Even if he was that’s a dick move. He’s really just a scared old white dude who thinks all brown people are out to kill him or steal his job/kids/life. He says that stuff all the time.
Sucks. Sometimes you just have to ride the wave. I worked under a total sociopath for three years who was hell-bent on getting rid of my department, but couldn't do it outright for various political reasons. They did their best to erode any sense of stability we may have had, and then started pitting us against each other.

Just after we were downsized, this individual was fired. The environment is a lot better now, even though a lot of damage was done.

Hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel you're in right now.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #7967
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Grinds...

When your crackers are too weak for your spread cheese and keep breaking too easily while trying so spread it...

https://i.imgur.com/eQx9aj5.gif

Bonus grind... when you want to try to make a gif out of those TMNT sticker frames to go along with above grind, but in the process of trying to get rid of background color it just ends up with messy edges.

https://i.imgur.com/hqoIvgh.gif
I actually kind of like it. makes it look like TV static.

When you get filled in with some user info and then suddenly don't feel so bad about the childish reaction that was gotten. smh...
Old 01-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #7968
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Welcome Katie to the actual reality of reporting and fighting against toxic work environments, in which a strong pursuit toward reporting and fighting against it, leads to career risk. As much as the media loves to blame and portray "the workplace culture created by widespread numerous bigoted individuals" and virtue signal about it, as you have most likely seen, all it takes is a few individuals in power (in the right power structure) to create a toxic work environment for many, in which harassment can abound. Even if a superior isn't bigoted or narcissistic, no superior wants to be known as the one who "created waves" in the company, and sink their own shots of career advancement in/outside the company when it comes to pulling up their personnel file/references.
I have a story that kind of goes against that.

Local Radio station had a show called Scott and Todd. Todd was a complete a hole, and pretty much wanted his own show once he got popular enough. He first tried an 80s show, and the ratings on that tanked fast, and it didn't last long. After that, he got a new agent who told him he should be the star, as the story goes.

So, long story short, he started making the work place miserable for people. Talking about a persons divorce on air so much it became uncomfortable and that person loyal to scott quit. Then he targeted the next person loyal to scott, and the next, and brought in one of his own people to even things out. Eventually, the show became so nasty and unlistenable, many people where dropping it and it was at this time, he finally went after the host, scott and managed to either get him fired, or not get his contract renewed and out the door the guy who hired him went.

Needless to say, none of us listening where shocked the show was ending it was so miserable. but, like all people in the dark, we thought it was amicable splits. and trusted them to tell the truth a bout what was going on. Later on, the truth came out. Scott and Todd was a steady #10 in the ratings for 23 years. When the truth popped out, the new 'todd show'dropped to #23 in about 3 months and ALL his listeners went over to Scott's new station. and most of that happened a little bit before the truth came out because the Todd show was un listenable.

So, some people WILL risk damaging career and advancement elsewhere to get ahead in their current spot. although in this case, it thankfully didn't work out, and now they might all get let go due to bankruptcy. so karma may yet work out in the end.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:42 PM   #7969
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Current pet peeves I want to vent about:
  • People who drive too slow in the left lane
  • People who are picky about the miniscule amount of vegetables that come on a burger
  • People who stop in the middle of pathways or aisles at the grocery store
  • Just people in general sometimes
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #7970
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I’m definitely not worried about this guy costing me my job. He’s not in any position of authority to me, the management in the department generally dislikes him, and even he knows he couldn’t do my job.

I just supremely dislike being reprimended for speaking up against something that should never have been revealed in the workplace in the first place. And I really don’t like being told I need to be softer when I am the only female on my team and one of 10 in a department of over 300 workers.

My grind today is lingering effects of Flu/Myco infection from the first of the month. My ribs are so sore from coughing
Old 01-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #7971
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Bonus grind... when things are just really stupidly made harder than they need to be and given info/instructions doesn't match what the heck you're looking at and/or doesn't tell you enough.

Esp when it comes to navigating W2/tax stuff for work via work and tax websites, everything seems to fight against you to make it as hard as possible and at some point it's unnecessarily frustrating enough to want to stab something... (And come to realize that the main site that was fighting me the most I was able to not bother with after all. Ugh. So what was its purpose?)

Then finally you get working on the taxes and get most of the way done, only to have the online program tell you that the State isn't ready to file yet, come back later. >.> (I think that applies to everyone, so... just fyi in that case. Mine said it would be available Friday.)
Old 01-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #7972
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Over on another forum, the only one I ever was banned at in 30 years, I found out something that really gets my gears up in a grind.

Apparently one of the biggest trolls on the site, a disney 'investor' that is for some reason allowed to get away with causing alot of strife and confrontation on the site, and openly do stuff that gets other people banned.....lead a whole campaign against me in a 'secret' paid section of the forum that I didn't even see.

Would explain why I got a warning for defending myself against these idiots claims (one of only 4 times I addressed things directly in public oddly enough) and soon got banned after I told a mod, 'want it to stop, how about going after the people causing the problems in the first place?'....

some people think this place is rough, and it is, but that place is one of the few cespits I've been in and only one of those I stopped looking at cold turkey.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #7973
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Sounds to me like they did you a favor.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #7974
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Isn't an automotive jack one of those things that you don't just buy at random at a store...like if you go pick one up you more than likely actually went there for one?

Then who the heck takes it to the second floor then changes their mind and leaves this heavy ass thing I can't even pick up next to the price check, so away far from the downstairs department it belongs in... >.> Grr.

So tired of people dropping crap everywhere and seeming to feel that since we're liquidating it's totally okay to trash the place, but a super heavy jack...? Now that's just too much.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #7975
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Quote:
I’m definitely not worried about this guy costing me my job. He’s not in any position of authority to me, the management in the department generally dislikes him, and even he knows he couldn’t do my job.

I just supremely dislike being reprimended for speaking up against something that should never have been revealed in the workplace in the first place. And I really don’t like being told I need to be softer when I am the only female on my team and one of 10 in a department of over 300 workers.

My grind today is lingering effects of Flu/Myco infection from the first of the month. My ribs are so sore from coughing
Yeah, I don't know why people would bring up politics at work. It's basically career suicide, but anyways...

When you say "clean up his lazy work", are you obligated to do so? If not, don't help him out at all. If you are forced to work with him on projects/tasks, be sure to emphasize his horrible work ethic to your superiors when you complain about him next time, at least from a business perspective it will be more of a reason to get him out somehow with his lack of productivity. (But I have a feeling you already tried these things. ) ...And the company won't fire people? Oh brother , that's one way to sink a business's bottom line.

If he's that incompetent and unmotivated to learn things at work, no wonder he thinks the "brown people" are out to get his life. This is just my two cents from what I'm reading here, but your rising star work ethic is probably highlighting just how bad of an employee he really is. I mean if he already feels some threatening nebulous presence of "brown people" generally, I'm sure seeing you (being a woman, and biracial) is driving the perceived threat in a much more direct, upfront way for him.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #7976
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Grind for today- when people (mostly customers) start messing with the tv in the dining area, presumably to turn up the volume, only to end up f*king up the satelite link because they start pushing buttons and don't know what they are doing. Then they complain because they can't watch the news. And WHO has to take time from other tasks to fix it??! Yup, yours truly- because apparently I am the only crew member or even manager during the day who can figure out how to work the remote or turn up the volume without jacking things up.

It's aggravating when I have to spend ten minutes in between taking orders or making drinks or whatever, to run back and forth from the dining area to the office and vack to try to get the d@*n thing back on their precious news channel. (And it's Fox, so that just makes it even more annoying.) And I'm also apparently the only one who even knows which channel number it IS!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:00 PM   #7977
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you're starving and start eating dinner, I guess a little too eagerly, and bite the hell out of your tongue, enough to draw blood, so you stop to wait for it to stop bleeding... But now it's still sore.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #7978
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Owww, that's the worst!

Especially when it's the side of the tongue against the molars...

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #7979
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And that's just where it is.

Only thing I can think of equally fun as that is stabbing oneself in the roof of the mouth with a nacho chip; also drawing blood. Have done that plenty of times over the years, too.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:46 PM   #7980
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeaah, that sucks pretty bad too.

Meanwhile, I think my decision to give my snake more dirt in his tank has...culminated in too much dirt. Twice as much as normal.
But, since he's a ball python, he'd probably appreciate the extra.

We'll see how he does...

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote