The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shredder will be there eventually. The Foot Clan are in this and the writing staff already implied Shredder will show up. He'll probably either first appear in the halfway point of Season 1 or by the finale at the latest.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #42
sdp
-

The longer it takes for classic TMNT elements to appear the better, especially if it's going to bomb. Let this show do its own thing.

Once we get a more traditional show then yeah let's have their classic elements but if we're already doing crazy things might as well go all out and see what works and what doesn't.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #43
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The longer it takes for classic TMNT elements to appear the better, especially if it's going to bomb. Let this show do its own thing.

Once we get a more traditional show then yeah let's have their classic elements but if we're already doing crazy things might as well go all out and see what works and what doesn't.
For me, it's not even just this show; this show looks like it had its' good or bad, like all other incarnations. I just hate it that whenever a new version does it's own thing in any way, and doesn't stick to the paint-by-numbers path, we get nerd rage.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #44
KillCrites
Thug

I don't really see why people think this show will be awful or will be cancelled, especially before the show's even aired. I think everything that's been shown so far is great. The action is interesting, the humor seems about as good as the previous series, and the animation and the characters designs are very unique and fun to look at. But that's just my take.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 AM   #45
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
For me, it's not even just this show; this show looks like it had its' good or bad, like all other incarnations. I just hate it that whenever a new version does it's own thing in any way, and doesn't stick to the paint-by-numbers path, we get nerd rage.
To be fair, there are quite a bit of aspects going against this show. The designs and animation will put off some fans depending on personal taste. It is interesting that this show is doing something different from the norm but as PD has shown us, being different doesn't always mean it's going to be 'good'. I'm just going to wait and see.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #46
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Somehow I feel this might not be my version of the Turtles. I have liked the previous incarnations even enjoyed them. But I’ve had my problems with them too.

The only ones that never really appealed was next mutation and the Chojen Ninja Ninja Turtles.

So I’m going to keep an open mind and see how this one goes before I make any judgements on it.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #47
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
To be fair, there are quite a bit of aspects going against this show. The designs and animation will put off some fans depending on personal taste. It is interesting that this show is doing something different from the norm but as PD has shown us, being different doesn't always mean it's going to be 'good'. I'm just going to wait and see.
I can agree with that. For me, I'm split on the show; I don't care for the designs or animation; but some of the concepts have me intrigued! New weapons to start out with? Baron Draxum, a 'protector of mutants' type like magneto, the main villain at first? Magical powers tied to their ninjitsu? Shredder and the revenge plot coming much later in the series, with a proper build-up? Leo having to grow into his role as leader? The turtles learning to be ninjas over the course of a show, rather than starting out a series or movie as good fighters? Sign me up!

But if we're going to plod down the same road again- meet April, tell April backstory, fight primarily shredder with other villains on the side, all turtles are red eared sliders, and have their stereotyped personalities, and mostly use their signature weapons, and we start with them already good with tiher weapons, and trained in ninjitsu- *yawn*

Why can't any character grow into their familiar role anymore? why do they have to start fully formed?

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #48
sdp
-

While I agree I think it depends and I'll use 2012 as an example.

Bringing back so many characters only to act nothing like them?

Bruce Lee Hun? He would've been far cooler as an original character.

I'm not saying don't do new things with them look at Mona Lisa in that case it worked because they respected the character.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think Mona also had a bit of leeway since her existence had previously amounted to just one appearance a long time ago. She's always had her fans, who may or may not have been to fond of her becoming an alien, but for most there probably just wasn't enough attachment to care that much what was done with her. Not the same as the boys being the center of it for 34 years.

Will be curious if she shows up in this next one and in what way.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #50
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I'm all for shows doing their own thing, but there are some things I feel like you shouldn't mess with. Beware the Batman, for example. It's a very non-traditional Batman, but it still keeps all of the core elements intact. If they made a new batman cartoon, but then were like "We're gonna have Commissioner Gordon turn into the Joker, and Batman is gonna kill, and Harley is gonna be all over Killer Croc instead," well that would be taking "doing your own thing" too far. You would be forgetting the things that made the characters in the first place. I don't mind things like Shredder not being around at first and the turtles starting at a lower level of training, but I don't think you should be messing with the character's core traits, like their weapons or their personalities. If Leonardo isn't the grounded leader, it just isn't Leonardo. Ultimately this show has enough interesting things going on with it that I'll give it a chance, but I do think that some of the changes they made came from the wrong place.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #51
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I'm all for shows doing their own thing, but there are some things I feel like you shouldn't mess with. Beware the Batman, for example. It's a very non-traditional Batman, but it still keeps all of the core elements intact. If they made a new batman cartoon, but then were like "We're gonna have Commissioner Gordon turn into the Joker, and Batman is gonna kill, and Harley is gonna be all over Killer Croc instead," well that would be taking "doing your own thing" too far. You would be forgetting the things that made the characters in the first place. I don't mind things like Shredder not being around at first and the turtles starting at a lower level of training, but I don't think you should be messing with the character's core traits, like their weapons or their personalities. If Leonardo isn't the grounded leader, it just isn't Leonardo. Ultimately this show has enough interesting things going on with it that I'll give it a chance, but I do think that some of the changes they made came from the wrong place.
I disagree. I think it's more interesting to start them training with different weapons, to practice and develop their ninja skills, before moving on to their traditional weapons. I think watching Leonardo start as a cocky and cool dude, then grow into the serious and stoic leader we know, is far more interesting than starting him there. We've never had a chance to see this point in their lives, except in flashbacks. Starting with them as bad fighters with different weapons and slightly different personalities, and growing into the TMNT we know and love, is an original premise I'd love to see played with.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember when people were constantly worried about the Turtles being humans before being mutants? I love how that's never happened in 4 cartoons so far when people keep bringing that up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #53
sdp
-

And April is not Baxter's daughter as some had speculated either. But Real White Red Headed April being kidnapped by the Kraang and taken to their planet before the show starts and being replaced by this April in Name Only character is still up in the air.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #54
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I think Mona also had a bit of leeway since her existence had previously amounted to just one appearance a long time ago. She's always had her fans, who may or may not have been to fond of her becoming an alien, but for most there probably just wasn't enough attachment to care that much what was done with her. Not the same as the boys being the center of it for 34 years.

Will be curious if she shows up in this next one and in what way.
Someone (on TVTropes) speculated that she would be Leonardo's love interest.

Ugh! I know that she (likely) won't even be in this new series, but ... just ... why?!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 AM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Someone (on TVTropes) speculated that she would be Leonardo's love interest.

Ugh! I know that she (likely) won't even be in this new series, but ... just ... why?!
Because Leonardo and not Raphael painted the Mona Lisa

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:36 AM   #56
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
But still, why?!

Why must she be a love interest?!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillCrites View Post
The action is interesting
How?

Quote:
the humor seems about as good as the previous series
So terrible then.

Quote:
and the animation and the characters designs are very unique and fun to look at.
They're eyesores.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #58
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Leo's love interest? No thanks. They've already gone far enough into trying to turn him into Raph, they don't need to try to give him Raph's girlfriend, too.

If any of the guys have to have love interests (though I really doubt we'll see any this go around), can at least maybe those stay within the previously established canon? (I mean, come on, historically speaking she's not even Leo's type...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
No reason they can't appreciate each other's art or women named after them. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #59
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But still, why?!

Because that's what Mona Lisa has always been?

I mean, I know this show is taking its chances by changing many things about the turtles like making the Raph the leader, but I wouldn't mind seeing Leo's love interest being Mona Lisa. It would be a familiar yet new take on a ship involving one of the most beloved one off characters in tmnt.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #60
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
But still, why?!

Come now, we both know the reason for this:
If a female character isn't a love interest, then she's taking up precious space on the character roster that could better be filled by another dude character.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote