The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #1361
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Bingo.

Latin Kings argument has more holes than Swiss cheese, but I admit it’s fun watching him play mental gymnastics in order to justify himself.
No mental gymnastics. Several of you have stated support of the production of figures by people who have access to molds but no legal right to the use of those molds. It's like pirating dvds or music. Legally it is cut and dry. It doesn't matter that NECA only sought to produce 10,000 or less sets. The fact that the people legally entitled to collect royalties can't on these sets means that true fans of the brand should not support products manufactured under the table.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #1362
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

True fans that horde more sets then the buy limit set by NECA to resell them for ridiculous prices?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #1363
Banned

im selling this exclusive neca set for $1,000 shipped. period. no questions asked.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #1364
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
im selling this exclusive neca set for $1,000 shipped. period. no questions asked.
Haha 😂 Wicked
Old 08-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #1365
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
No mental gymnastics. Several of you have stated support of the production of figures by people who have access to molds but no legal right to the use of those molds. It's like pirating dvds or music. Legally it is cut and dry. It doesn't matter that NECA only sought to produce 10,000 or less sets. The fact that the people legally entitled to collect royalties can't on these sets means that true fans of the brand should not support products manufactured under the table.
This doesn’t justify scalping whatsoever. You’re tearing down the opposition but have nothing to say for yourself, because there is no defense. You broke the scalping rule and made it nearly impossible for others to obtain the figures, because of the ridiculous prices you’re charging.

Because of that, no one wants to hear you whine and cry about bootleggers. Most of us would love bootleggers to come onto the scene, primarily because people like you made obtaining these more difficult than it already is.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-19-2018 at 07:45 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #1366
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Guys, relax. Scalper or not. In the end these people are making it possible for European buyers to buy these in an easy way.

These figures are beyond amazing. I got lucky and have zero QC issues. I really love them and imo these are better then the 1:4 versions. The skin texture is more like the suits in the movie, the ankles are better, the articulation is far better than the bigger ones and off course they are more practical. Also, Raphael's belt is more flexible and the Sai holders have more space which allow you to point the Sai outwards while they are in the belt just like the movie. Mike is shorter then his 3 brothers which is very neatly. These figures are truely crown jewels and the only two things which should have made these absolutely perfect are: an extra head for each Turtle with an other expression and a Bo Staff holder for Don (see my practical workaround for this issue in the last photo below)

Check out this quick photo's. I will buy an acrylic LED case and put it on my cabinet to these justice

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 08-19-2018 at 09:40 AM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:19 AM   #1367
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Where Can one Buy? em overseas
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #1368
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
Where Can one Buy? em overseas
your best bet is ebay. no online retail stores will have them doubt a brick and mortar store will either
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #1369
greensborohill
Foot Soldier

I have a set (turtles only) for trade. Looking for last years set.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #1370
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Congrats on getting a set, they look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Guys, relax. Scalper or not. In the end these people are making it possible for European buyers to buy these in an easy way.

These figures are beyond amazing. I got lucky and have zero QC issues. I really love them and imo these are better then the 1:4 versions. The skin texture is more like the suits in the movie, the ankles are better, the articulation is far better than the bigger ones and off course they are more practical. Also, Raphael's belt is more flexible and the Sai holders have more space which allow you to point the Sai outwards while they are in the belt just like the movie. Mike is shorter then his 3 brothers which is very neatly. These figures are truely crown jewels and the only two things which should have made these absolutely perfect are: an extra head for each Turtle with an other expression and a Bo Staff holder for Don (see my practical workaround for this issue in the last photo below)

Check out this quick photo's. I will buy an acrylic LED case and put it on my cabinet to these justice

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #1371
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Congrats on getting a set, they look great!
Thank you Sean Combs !
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #1372
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Just question for everyone who hates scalpers...

After how long of a time period do you go from being a scalper, to someone selling a highly sought item at fair market value?

I really want the 2008 sets:
- SDCC Black & White Mirage Turtles w/diorama
- NYCC Color Mirage Turtles w/diorama (or individual clamshells)
- Mousers pack

And I have got an extra 2016 NYCC villains set, extra 2017 SDCC set, and extra 2018 w/dio SDCC set that I would gladly trade for them, or "scalp" for money to apply toward them.

So, what fresh hells would you condemn me to over this? Meanwhile, I have not heard anybody complaining about 2008 turtle scalping lately.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #1373
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. Firstly, scalpers and those who tricked the system to buy multiple sets can go to hell. I was on both days trying to buy it as fast as possible in order to lose the opportunity to these stupid multi address, robot purchasing @$$holes. Seeing individual turtles for sale on eBay is laughably pathetic, but given the crappy quality control on some of these, I guess someone will have to take him up on it.

I’m also pissed at NECA. In good faith that they could not or would not produce these smaller figures, I purchased all four of these stupid quarter scale massive top heavy Turtles. Even if I could buy these smaller figures now, I can’t sell my bigger ones. I’m in Canada so Americans wouldn’t want to pay for them to be shipped back, and two of them are screwed up. My first Raph’s leg was so tight it broke off although I heated it and was careful, and my second Raph kept slouching so I did the internet recommended repair, separated the top from the bottom, put a rubber piece around, and guess what—I cant fit it back together. My Leo was top heavy with tiny feet (like the others) and fell over, cracking a scabbard slightly. I’d love to sell the things and get the smaller ones but I wouldn’t be able to sell Raph and Leo.

NECA knew how many of us wanted these smaller Henson figures but sold the quarter scale first, then released a stupidly small number of these smaller ones when there’s a bigger market for them. They should have released the quarter scale after, rare and $200 apiece with better quality control, and the hardcore collectors would have gone for them. Then a larger audience could get their awesome smaller Henson figures, which we all wanted in the first place when the quarter scale were announced, instead of being jaded and disappointed about things.

So yeah, I would totally buy a bootleg. If NECA doesn’t want to sell more and make more money off hem, sucks to be them for the mean trick played on people and their lack of interest in producing more. I don’t intend to give money to the scalpers that screwed us over to begin with, and I hope they lose money off it.

And on top of this, the quality control of these figures and the paint job looks a little shabby.

Obviously I’m upset with the abomination that is Playmates too, which releases fugly figures and prevents mass production of figures like these. But surely NECA could have made a few more, and not screwed over TMNT fans by making it seem like quarter scale is all we’d ever see. At this point I’d rather give a bootlegger money.

Oh and one more question: did anyone who actually successfully order something from NECA, who lives outside of the U.S., have luck shipping them to a shipping service warehouse to get it across a border? I forget their names.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #1374
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Just question for everyone who hates scalpers...

After how long of a time period do you go from being a scalper, to someone selling a highly sought item at fair market value?

So, what fresh hells would you condemn me to over this? Meanwhile, I have not heard anybody complaining about 2008 turtle scalping lately.
Simple. Do you sit on several sets to purposefully sell them extremely overpriced?

It's not hard to google the term scalper:
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toy_scalping
Old 08-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #1375
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Simple. Do you sit on several sets to purposefully sell them extremely overpriced?

It's not hard to google the term scalper:
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toy_scalping
Do you define "trading for other overpriced merchandise" to be the same as "purposefully selling them extremely overpriced"?

How about "selling extremely overpriced with intent to apply profits toward other overpriced merchandise that you need in your collection"?

In a sense, eBay can be viewed as a trading forum for collectors. Many collectors start collecting a line well after the line has started, and even after it has ended. They need several pieces in their collection that they no longer have an ability to procure for MSRP. Or maybe due to poor distribution they need some pieces that are out in the wild right now but are rare in their own neighborhood.

By nature of collecting, the less common or more desired items increase in market value.

By knowing this will happen, you can procure items which *you* have access to that you know will be similarly valued by other collectors, to help yourself trade for the items you need that you know or expect you will not be able to procure.

Many people on eBay are doing exactly that. If I know an item is rare, I will buy it, and sell it at a markup. You know what I do with the resulting PayPal balance? Buy someone else's rare item that I was unable to find myself.

That isn't scalping. That's collecting. And yet, it meets your over-simplified definition.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #1376
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. Firstly, scalpers and those who tricked the system to buy multiple sets can go to hell. I was on both days trying to buy it as fast as possible in order to lose the opportunity to these stupid multi address, robot purchasing @$$holes. Seeing individual turtles for sale on eBay is laughably pathetic, but given the crappy quality control on some of these, I guess someone will have to take him up on it.

I’m also pissed at NECA. In good faith that they could not or would not produce these smaller figures, I purchased all four of these stupid quarter scale massive top heavy Turtles. Even if I could buy these smaller figures now, I can’t sell my bigger ones. I’m in Canada so Americans wouldn’t want to pay for them to be shipped back, and two of them are screwed up. My first Raph’s leg was so tight it broke off although I heated it and was careful, and my second Raph kept slouching so I did the internet recommended repair, separated the top from the bottom, put a rubber piece around, and guess what—I cant fit it back together. My Leo was top heavy with tiny feet (like the others) and fell over, cracking a scabbard slightly. I’d love to sell the things and get the smaller ones but I wouldn’t be able to sell Raph and Leo.

NECA knew how many of us wanted these smaller Henson figures but sold the quarter scale first, then released a stupidly small number of these smaller ones when there’s a bigger market for them. They should have released the quarter scale after, rare and $200 apiece with better quality control, and the hardcore collectors would have gone for them. Then a larger audience could get their awesome smaller Henson figures, which we all wanted in the first place when the quarter scale were announced, instead of being jaded and disappointed about things.

So yeah, I would totally buy a bootleg. If NECA doesn’t want to sell more and make more money off hem, sucks to be them for the mean trick played on people and their lack of interest in producing more. I don’t intend to give money to the scalpers that screwed us over to begin with, and I hope they lose money off it.

And on top of this, the quality control of these figures and the paint job looks a little shabby.

Obviously I’m upset with the abomination that is Playmates too, which releases fugly figures and prevents mass production of figures like these. But surely NECA could have made a few more, and not screwed over TMNT fans by making it seem like quarter scale is all we’d ever see. At this point I’d rather give a bootlegger money.

Oh and one more question: did anyone who actually successfully order something from NECA, who lives outside of the U.S., have luck shipping them to a shipping service warehouse to get it across a border? I forget their names.
First of all NECA did nothing wrong, they're in this to make money first and foremost, and the way they released these makes sense in a business kind of way, they had to maximize profits to pay for the license, and releasing the bigger ones first and these later was the obvious thing to do, either we like it or not, secondly it's not about them wanting to make more money or not, we don't know the details of the license, for all we know that's all they where allowed to do, it's not fair to point fingers with no knowledge of the way these things work.

Anyway, I'm from Europe and was able to secure a set with no problem at all, payed for them with Paypal with an European card linked to, then used MyUS as my adress for them to ship to, once they received the package from NECA they forwarded it to me using FedEX, they arrived with no problem other then me having to pay for customs, but that was to be expected.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #1377
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Anyway, I'm from Europe and was able to secure a set with no problem at all, payed for them with Paypal with an European card linked to, then used MyUS as my adress for them to ship to, once they received the package from NECA they forwarded it to me using FedEX, they arrived with no problem other then me having to pay for customs, but that was to be expected.
Same here, although I used ReShip.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #1378
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post

you act like NECA is this evil empire out to screw their fans over. bottom line is Playmates can dictate pretty much anything and everything they want in a license agreement there may have been conditions in place for size, quantity, ect. im thinking when the qtr scales were released they were more stern with the license which is why the qtr scale turtles exist. Playmates forbade any 6in scale figures to be produced unless it was an exclusive. so maybe now Nick stepped in and forced some changes which now allowed these figures

dont point the fingers unless you have all the info im not saying im right but you dont know what the other side of the fence looks like

Last edited by go_ninja84; 08-21-2018 at 06:18 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #1379
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Scalpers suck, and also it's kind of shady to make some of the most highly sought after turtle figures EVER, exclusives that are hard to get. But hey, at the end of the day like the old saying goes "nothing personal, it's just business". Hopefully some day soon the license restrictions get lifted.

So after missing out twice on the online preorder and passing on a set at $225 the day of the con, I paid $315 shipped and just got the set today. I paid around an extra $175 Lol, but I'm glad I was able to get a set because they're pretty freakin awesome! Hope the Game Stop rumors are true so more fans can get them. Can't wait for Shredder in this scale

Also a trench coat Raph and a Casey set would be nice. Thank you Neca

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 AM   #1380
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
you act like NECA is this evil empire out to screw their fans over. bottom line is Playmates can dictate pretty much anything and everything they want in a license agreement there may have been conditions in place for size, quantity, ect. im thinking when the qtr scales were released they were more stern with the license which is why the qtr scale turtles exist. Playmates forbade any 6in scale figures to be produced unless it was an exclusive. so maybe now Nick stepped in and forced some changes which now allowed these figures

dont point the fingers unless you have all the info im not saying im right but you dont know what the other side of the fence looks like
If this is the case I retract what I said about NECA. I was least mad at them out of them, Playmates and scalpers... but still a little mad.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote