The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for the Archie Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print. It will specify 4th Printing at the end of the indicia.

Thanks!
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_King View Post
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for the Archie Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print. It will specify 4th Printing at the end of the indicia.

Thanks!
I never knew there was much interest in printing run of the Archie issues. What's the specific interest?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I never knew there was much interest in printing run of the Archie issues. What's the specific interest?
I’m a completionist and collect every printing. This is the only one I’m missing from the Archie run.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

This is probably pretty rare to find. I remember seeing TMNTA reprints, picturing the Archie Editor in the UPC box, at Kaybee Toys back in the day. Good luck with the search!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
This is probably pretty rare to find. I remember seeing TMNTA reprints, picturing the Archie Editor in the UPC box, at Kaybee Toys back in the day. Good luck with the search!
Yeah, for whatever reason, the fourth prints are more difilicult to find than the fifth prints which #1-10 all had. #11 only went to a fourth. While they are a little rarer, #8 is the only one eluding me. Most of my problem is I always see the same vendors at the Cons I go to. The other problem is sites like Mile High and My Comic Shop that don’t know how to tell the printings apart. MCS doesn’t give any effort and MH thinks they do and don’t. Lol. There are plenty of this book out there. People just don’t realize they have it.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Maybe everyone should check their copies. Someone might have one and think it's a first print. I really didn't know there were that many printings of #1-10. Is the indicia the only way to tell, outside of the upc box image?

If you can't tell by looking at the cover, I can imagine the frustration in trying to find one online.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Sorry if this is ignorant but what is the "indica" ?
How are the ways I tell what printing I have or have come across so I can keep an eye out
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Checked mine, it's #5. I wasn't even aware they had that many printings, hot damn. How many issues were made per print? Must've been selling like friggin' crazy!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #9
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Sorry if this is ignorant but what is the "indica" ?
How are the ways I tell what printing I have or have come across so I can keep an eye out
Don’t feel bad. A lot of people aren’t aware of this. The indicia is the text that covers all of the copyright info, print date, and generally print number. For the Archie run you can tell printing by the following:

1st Print- Color ad on the inside front cover and does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

2nd Print- Black & White ad on the inside front cover and also does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

3rd-5th Print- Also have black & White ad on the inside front cover but specify printing number at the end of the indicia.

Some reprintings have the “salute to the editor” image on the front. A few of the 2nd Prints have this and are commonly mistaken for being their own special salute to the editor editions. They are indeed just 2nd Prints.

Issue 1-10 had 5 printings.
Issue 11 had 4 printings.
Issue 12 had 2 printings.
All newsstand editions only had one printing.
Issues 1-11 also have Canadian editions which have $1.25 pricing. The American releases as stated above were $1.00.

I believe issues 11 and 12 actually have Color ads on the inside front cover regardless of printing but actually specify in the indicia what printing even with the 1st and 2nd.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #10
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Maybe everyone should check their copies. Someone might have one and think it's a first print. I really didn't know there were that many printings of #1-10. Is the indicia the only way to tell, outside of the upc box image?

If you can't tell by looking at the cover, I can imagine the frustration in trying to find one online.
I just listed all the ways to tell above which makes it almost impossible to tell on eBay unless someone happens to snap a pic of the page with the indicia. It’s a whole lot of asking every seller the same two questions. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Checked mine, it's #5. I wasn't even aware they had that many printings, hot damn. How many issues were made per print? Must've been selling like friggin' crazy!
How many copies were in each print run is the one thing I don’t know. Lol. But yeah, I’m assuming they just kept exceeding sales projections.