The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-31-2019, 10:17 AM   #1161
newfan
Mad Scientist

I noticed a large number of usernames ending Spono registering at the mo, bot attack?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:25 PM   #1162
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No real TMNT section thread to put this, so just gonna toss it in here. (Almost wish there was a general thread for just all the weird and funny TMNT images people might come across or already have saved. But then I'm afraid I might be the only one goofy enough to be using it. lol)

That said, I offer you...

When you're looking through screen shots online and you find an amusing odd one that's just begging for a caption... This may have to be used as some kind of reaction image one day. That's definitely an "I see what you did there" kind of look, or something along those lines.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #1163
Vegita-San
Emperor

My god the Black Fleet Crisis one of the worstseries of EU SW books...

it didn't need to be three books. could have been one decent one.

annoying characters. bad characterizations. odd side characters that didn't need to be in it. odd narrative choices in the second book...ugh.

re reading the eu to remind me of good star wars books and this wasn't one of them.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #1164
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Anyone see the ad for the 2020 presidential race chess set? Can't decide if they're serious or if it's a joke played completely straight. Love Pelosi, McConnell and two others riding on the little donkeys and elephants.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #1165
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

Let's revisit serious nostalgia!

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #1166
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why did they name that virus from China the Coronavirus... I can't un-think the Kingdom of Corona from Tangled being the source when I hear the name.

Also, I'd still really like to know what is the disconnect with eBay listings out of Japan and the price value. They're always grotesquely expensive. Why??

Ran across a key ring, apparently a souvenir from The British Museum, listed for $39.58, plus $20 shipping! If only to be so rich that spending $60 on a little key ring seemed reasonable. lol Good god.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-23-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #1167
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Definitely don't want to start a new thread about this, so I'll put this here in case anyone asks.

I think I might be done with The Technodrome forums.

It has nothing to do with you guys (y'all know I love ya) but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. There's been a few times where I write the first sentence of a post before thinking "ehhh, who gives a sh*t" and closing it.

I've always been more of a passive Dromer, anyways.

But yeah, I'm not gone just yet but if I disappear... refer to this post
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #1168
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, sad to see anyone go, if you do, but good luck and take care.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:14 PM   #1169
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I just can't bring myself to care anymore. There's been a few times where I write the first sentence of a post before thinking "ehhh, who gives a sh*t" and closing it.
Very relatable.

The combo of a sort-of lull in the new content area paired with this forum not getting any new blood/older members leaving has made for a bit of a stale environment.

But I will never leave. You pukes are stuck with me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:25 PM   #1170
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Why did they name that virus from China the Coronavirus... I can't un-think the Kingdom of Corona from Tangled being the source when I hear the name.

Also, I'd still really like to know what is the disconnect with eBay listings out of Japan and the price value. They're always grotesquely expensive. Why??

Ran across a key ring, apparently a souvenir from The British Museum, listed for $39.58, plus $20 shipping! If only to be so rich that spending $60 on a little key ring seemed reasonable. lol Good god.
It’s named that way because under the microscope, the virus looks like a little sun, thanks to a ring of little petals that line the exterior.

The “petal” ring looks like the ring of the sun, what we call the corona.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #1171
Leo656
The Franchise

Also, it's quite a lot of fun to change the lyrics of "My Sharona" to "My Corona", especially if you're at a barbecue.

Although it's not quite as much fun as changing the lyrics to "The Facts Of Life" theme song to "The Crack Ho Life". It actually makes MORE sense that way.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #1172
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
It’s named that way because under the microscope, the virus looks like a little sun, thanks to a ring of little petals that line the exterior.

The “petal” ring looks like the ring of the sun, what we call the corona.
Ohh, very interesting. Knew the sun part but didn't know the virus was named for the look of it, thanks.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:04 AM   #1173
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Very relatable.

The combo of a sort-of lull in the new content area paired with this forum not getting any new blood/older members leaving has made for a bit of a stale environment.

But I will never leave. You pukes are stuck with me.
Glad to hear it.

Sometimes people just move on or have a phase where something they like goes to the background, good luck with your ventures Krutch, should you vanish from here one day.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #1174
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This is something that has been on my mind for a few days now, mainly due to observations made over the past few weeks regarding the fires in Australia and elsewhere. The gist of it is this- our Mother is dying, she is screaming in pain and anguish, and we have all ignored her and turned deaf ears to her cries for far too long, to the point that she has finally called her other children- those of fur, feather, fin and scale- to deliver her message to us bodily. What I mean is that we have all seen the images, and heard the stories in the media, of WILD animals approaching random passing humans to beg for aid. Understand, these are creatures who have always been self-sufficient, and never needed us for ANYTHING, who are now seeking us out for food, water, even medical attention, either for themselves or to lead us to those too weak or injured to seek it themselves. And STILL we have missed the message they are sending us- that they need OUR help! That humans, whom they have always avoided as enemies, as dangerous predators or competitors who take away their homes, their food and water, even their lives. are now their only hope of survival.

Mother Earth has reached a point of desperation, sending us our animal brothers and sisters to speak for her, to say that we need to STOP our destructive ways. They are begging us to SAVE them- and ourselves, before it is truly too late. And while we collectively "awww", and murmur "so sad/sweet/cute" or whatever, e are still missing their message. They NEED us now. With fires and floods the world over, giant masses of plastic in our oceans and waterways, and untold destruction from pollution of those same waters, they are crying to us, bodily coming to us for help, and doing everything except to speak it out in our own tongues. I want the world to understand and to LISTEN. We need THEM as much as they now need US. But we need to change NOW. before the message- and our own Mother- is lost forever.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #1175
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Seller on eBay is probably going to laugh if they notice my address is just the next town over in the same state.

2/4 -- Came out of Walmart and noticed in one of the parking spaces not far from me was a yellow spray painted spot. In the middle was the shape of two shoes, probably mens. lol What is the story here? Why did they need yellow shoes? Did they buy the shoes and paint there, after not finding yellow shoes on the shelf? Did they need yellow shoes that very same day and were then headed to whatever it was that required them? Hmmm...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-04-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #1176
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Maybe it was for a cosplay at a con?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #1177
Leo656
The Franchise

I always snicker when I see a "news" headline about two grown adult celebrities who've decided to mash genitals. "BREAKING NEWS: __________ Is Dating __________!"

Not they're not. They're not "dating"; they're not 15 year old kids who are gonna go see a movie and split a sampler at Denny's after; they're f*cking. "________ Is F*cking _________." Maybe they'll go to dinner, but that's just practical, that's not what the arrangement is about. Nobody "dates" after high school; grown-ups audition potential f*ck buddies, they don't "date". Say what you mean, damn it.

It's just as silly as when old single people introduce someone as their "girlfriend", or "Lady friend" if they're really old. I know that "This is my friend Agnes, who I f*ck after bingo sometimes" is kind of a mouthful, but again, at least it's honest.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #1178
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lime green (and black) dump truck named...Frankenstein. Written across the bug shield on the front of it. Huh?? lol Can't say I've ever seen one named, but I guess its owner/driver did.

2/25 -- Made me a little sad this morning when I was leaving for work, hit the end of my street and, while looking to see if any cars were coming on the main road, noticed an ambulance backing into a driveway and the paramedics quickly pulling up right after it. No idea who lives there, but the thought that someone in that house, nearly neighbor, woke up this morning (or not) and it didn't go too well... Hit me that that could have been someone's life ending right there. Could even be the same vehicles and people that showed up for my dad, for all I know. My well wishes to that person...or I guess RIP if that's how it turned out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-25-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:28 AM   #1179
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

This "ski mask" on eBay is definitely a Ninja Turtle skull.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #1180
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dear god who designs a tsuba with a centipede..? o.O Different...