The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Hi-Rez images or cover art?

Can anyone recommend a good place to find hi-rez art for the 2k3 show?
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

First go to tOkKa's Flickr. He has a ton of character, vehicle, and concept art on there in high quality from the 4Kids.tv website if I'm not mistaken. It's really incredible.

There is also Peter Laird's TMNT Blog. There are several pieces of background art on there, but you're going to have to scroll through a ton of pages to get to them.

Look up some of the artists who worked on the show. They used to post their work on DeviantArt. I found them through Google Images, so I don't know most of their names off the top of my head.

Some members on here have posted pictures from scans of books and other sources years ago, specifically the Turtle's lair and their rooms.

Finally, go to the old ninjaturtles.com website. You can use archive.org, go to the TV section and click on Sneak Peeks, or mutantooze.org/ninjaturtles, but several links on mutantooze.org are not linked correctly, so archive.org is more reliable. The images are older and in low resolution from when before the show first premiered, but it's worth a look. Also check out the TMNT Mail page before and after 2006 for both Seasons 1-4 and Fast Forward png art of the Turtles.

Speaking of archive.org, you can also try combing through URL summaries of the old foxbox.tv and 4Kids.tv sites, but it will take a long time, and most of what you'll find is cool wallpapers and stuff like that. I downloaded some .SWF files of the lair flash site from foxbox.tv, opened them with an unarchiving program and found a few pieces of background art, but unfortunately some of them are missing. There was a foreign language version of the site that went down in early 2014, and I'm still kicking myself for not archiving it when I had the chance. I'll share them and the wallpapers (I even have some that aren't on archive.org!) later in the week when I have the time.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
First go to tOkKa's Flickr. He has a ton of character, vehicle, and concept art on there in high quality from the 4Kids.tv website if I'm not mistaken. It's really incredible.

There is also Peter Laird's TMNT Blog. There are several pieces of background art on there, but you're going to have to scroll through a ton of pages to get to them.

Look up some of the artists who worked on the show. They used to post their work on DeviantArt. I found them through Google Images, so I don't know most of their names off the top of my head.

Some members on here have posted pictures from scans of books and other sources years ago, specifically the Turtle's lair and their rooms.

Finally, go to the old ninjaturtles.com website. You can use archive.org, go to the TV section and click on Sneak Peeks, or mutantooze.org/ninjaturtles, but several links on mutantooze.org are not linked correctly, so archive.org is more reliable. The images are older and in low resolution from when before the show first premiered, but it's worth a look. Also check out the TMNT Mail page before and after 2006 for both Seasons 1-4 and Fast Forward png art of the Turtles.

Speaking of archive.org, you can also try combing through URL summaries of the old foxbox.tv and 4Kids.tv sites, but it will take a long time, and most of what you'll find is cool wallpapers and stuff like that. I downloaded some .SWF files of the lair flash site from foxbox.tv, opened them with an unarchiving program and found a few pieces of background art, but unfortunately some of them are missing. There was a foreign language version of the site that went down in early 2014, and I'm still kicking myself for not archiving it when I had the chance. I'll share them and the wallpapers (I even have some that aren't on archive.org!) later in the week when I have the time.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll check them out asap.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Here are some artists who worked on the show.

Adrian Barrios

Emilio Lopez

Khary Randolph

Backgrounds:

Denny Fincke

Jimmy Tran
Old 04-30-2019, 05:06 AM   #5
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Thanks so much!!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Turtles Forever Art

Here are some pictures of the individual elements from the Turtles Forever poster on white backgrounds.

https://e-mannland.blogspot.com/2009...er-poster.html
Old 04-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #7
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Also here's another artist's page, Keith Conroy.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:53 AM   #9
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Those are awesome!! Thanks to you all for sharing!!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #10
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

FoxBox Flash Site

Here are some backgrounds and characters I found from archive.org by searching foxbox.tv, browsing the URL summaries, and sorting by .SWF. Again, it's not a lot unfortunately. I have Leo's room, Splinter's room, Don's Lab, an entrance to one of the Turtle's rooms, the Sewers, Shredder's throne room, and an alley. I also found a picture of Raph's room, as well as the rest of the Turtle's rooms redrawn in a simplified style for a book, so I included them for the sake of it, but they don't look that great. For characters, I have the Purple Dragons, Hun, and Shredder.

https://mega.nz/#F!fSxBmSoL!4gGrT0yfWMhgRaDy-j31hQ
Old 05-05-2019, 01:06 AM   #11
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Awesome finds! Keep 'em coming.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #12
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Here is some more background art of Season 3, 4, and Fast Forward from Michael Lapinski.

http://mlapinski.blogspot.com/2012/0...animation.html

http://mlapinski.blogspot.com/2014/0...upervisor.html