The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids reboot coming

https://411mania.com/movies/reboot-h...titled-shrunk/

Slash Film has confirmed that the 1989 Disney family comedy Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, which spawned two lesser known sequels, will be getting a reboot in the near future. Josh Gad is set to star in the film as Nick Szalinski, the now fully grown son of inventor Wayne Szalinski. While classed as a reboot, thus possibly ignoring the two 90s sequels, it will be set in the same universe as the original, set three decades afterwards.

The original film was released in June of 1989 and starred Rick Moranis as an inventor who accidentally shrinks his and his next door neighborís kids to a tiny size, forcing them to venture across their backyard to return home and fix their situation.

Whilst several live-action remakes have apparently been in the cards for some time for the upcoming Disney+ streaming service, Shrunk is evidently being planned for theatrical release.

Last Movie Watched: Wishmaster (1997).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E11).
Last Video Game Played: Banjo-Tooie (N64).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:21 PM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Oh God make it stop.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:34 AM   #3
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Cool. Iím glad itís in the same universe but I really enjoyed Blew Up the Kid and Shrunk Ourselves so I hope they acknowledge those.

Where would be an interesting place to shrink? Almost anywhere I guess.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Honey, I Digitized the Kid(s)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
sdp
gfy

I saw the original a few months ago again after not watching it since I was a kid and a sa kid it was one of my favs. I was surprised by how well it held up. I think I also watched the sequel I blew up the kid that same weekend but I'm unsure since I can't remember anything about the movie. Have never seen We Shrunk ourselves but it has Rick Moranis so maybe it's not that bad even if it's direct to video. There was already a tv show, did anyone watch that? I think it's also a continuation to the story only with some new actors and lasted 3 seasons/66 episodes.

I don't know if a new movie could hit the same feels all over again, especially since it'll be done with tons of lifeless CG and full of "big" CG moments.

Open Source Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Funny, they Shrunk Michelangelo

And inspirted the title for Funny, they Shrunk Michelangelo
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #7
drgon78
Mad Scientist

"Honey I Ate The Kids" Anyone who has ever watched the "Critic" would get this one.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I saw the original a few months ago again after not watching it since I was a kid and a sa kid it was one of my favs. I was surprised by how well it held up. I think I also watched the sequel I blew up the kid that same weekend but I'm unsure since I can't remember anything about the movie. Have never seen We Shrunk ourselves but it has Rick Moranis so maybe it's not that bad even if it's direct to video. There was already a tv show, did anyone watch that? I think it's also a continuation to the story only with some new actors and lasted 3 seasons/66 episodes.

I don't know if a new movie could hit the same feels all over again, especially since it'll be done with tons of lifeless CG and full of "big" CG moments.
This remake sounds good. The time seems right imo. I saw the original a few months ago as well on ComedyCentral and thought it held up well too. It was one of my fav kids films as well. Haven’t watched the other two films in a long time but I remember them being decent enough. I watched the tv show in the early 00s but don’t remember anything about it.

Last edited by Wesley; 05-14-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Not surprised at all. Seems to be about time for this one to be the big winner on REBOOT ROULETTE!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM   #10
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

One of my favorite films being in a reboot >>

I have the first film on DVD and saw the sequel on tv and direct to video on Netflix good times good times. Ever gone to the 3D ride in DisneyLand?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #11
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

I'm not a fan of this franchise, but I've seen the first two films back when it was a fresh idea. Not something I'd buy on video but worth a rental or a nice sit-down on cable. That said, if Rick Moranis isn't interested in reprising his role (and/or he isn't even considered), then I see no point in watching it. He's been wanting to get back in the acting game for a couple years now and this would be a good dip in the pool for him.

KROW is offline   Reply With Quote