Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Because she already has a thread.
The thread is how to handle other mutants, I believe she falls under that category.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
miru
Mad Scientist

Kerma and the Mirage only guys can probably rot.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #23
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

I'd have Venus as a gen 2 TMNT. Totally built from the ground up.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #24
pannoni1
Foot Elite

A Venus vs. Terrorpin fight would be the only way I'd love to see Venus make any return. But I wouldn't mind if Terrorpin wins given the "black sheep" nature of Venus, much like how Scrappy was killed off in a Scooby-Doo movie.

And a Fishface to Tokka double mutation is the most obvious way to introduce him since Fishface currently is so ineffective at defeat that an upgrade seems necessary; the OT had both Tokka and Slash at some point anyways after all. But a possible twist is for Rihana the Fish Woman to meet up with Fishface, and then possible create a double mutation that brings both Tokka and Terrorpin as companions.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
But fishface makes no sense to become Tokka. Armaggon, maybe, but not Tokka. If anyone double-mutates into Tokka, it would likely be Slash.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #26
Shred87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
But fishface makes no sense to become Tokka. Armaggon, maybe, but not Tokka. If anyone double-mutates into Tokka, it would likely be Slash.
I agree...i kinda dig that they sort of split up tokka and rahzar in the series...they can always write it that he mutates after touch the turtles tho
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #27
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I wouldn't be opposed to Venus being reintroduced if she can have a few tweaks done to her character. Like, major tweaks.

She could possibly start out as a misled pawn of a villain - actually nah, that's Karai's job.

Last edited by Lou 500; 02-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #28
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

You wanna the secret of handling mutant turtles? It actually really easy. Don't make them ninjas, and don't them mysterious long relatives. Take a Mary sue litmus test to be on the safe side.

Thats all you have to do. And for Pete Laird's sake, be original.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #29
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

I don't care if the new series has Slash, I wanna see Tokka too
Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #30
ticktack
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
You wanna the secret of handling mutant turtles? It actually really easy. Don't make them ninjas, and don't them mysterious long relatives. Take a Mary sue litmus test to be on the safe side.

Thats all you have to do. And for Pete Laird's sake, be original.
The character and then a mutant turtle can be any way around, you know: a creative freedom. Unless it won't become or seem as it is an incoherent and stupid thing and with a character that's sort of is desired and may gain much welcome.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #31
discordiatookie
facehugger

Terrorpin? Is that the giant turtle from Mirage vol 2, or am I missing something here? If so, I don't really think it fits in with the other 'mutant' style turtles in this list...

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #32
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
The character and then a mutant turtle can be any way around, you know: a creative freedom. Unless it won't become or seem as it is an incoherent and stupid thing and with a character that's sort of is desired and may gain much welcome.
I'm just saying to try to think outside the box instead of the old fifth turtle concept. Tokka and Slash are anything but the fifth turtle and that is way they're remember in a more positive light then a certain turtle that I shall not name.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #33
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
I'm always amazed at how many people are still surprised Venus is probably the most hated TMNT character.
And how many more people are still wishful thinking that she "could be done well".
almost any hated character from any work of fiction can be "done well" in the right hands. just like any loved character can be "done poorly" in the wrong hands ie: every comic character ever (at some point).

why do you think Venus can NEVER be done well? Is it because the only iteration of her you've ever seen was handled extremely poorly? I'll answer that for you: yes.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #34
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Care to give an example of how a very bad character turned into a good one?

Once started as a rotten egg I don't think anyone wants to redeem it back..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #35
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Care to give an example of how a very bad character turned into a good one?

Once started as a rotten egg I don't think anyone wants to redeem it back..
if you're asking me personally, and i stay within TMNT....i hate Krang in the 80s series. always have, even as a kid. The guys over at IDW, however, turned him into a really interesting character.

examples outside of tmnt, and not so personal are basically any villain in daredevil/new avengers that bendis wrote. Mister Fear, Purple Man...the list goes on. I'm not saying that the characters became groundbreaking, but they certainly became interesting. Basically any silver age comic character started out super campy and became awesome.

my point is: just because one creator ****ed up a character, doesn't make that character eternally "bad." with a skilled writer than can take any **** character and make them interesting.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #36
Shark_Blade
Emperor

No way, 80s Krang was not a bad character eventhough you personally don't like it.

I meant a generally accepted bad/worst character. I don't know much about Daredevil, so let's use a character that we all mostly know.

Scrappy Doo.

He's so annoyingly bad, even the series consider him dead once and for all.

So Venus is similar/equivalent to Scrappy imo. It's been perfectly peaceful with no mention of her ever since 1997. 2k3 never mentioned her, 2k7 movie never did as well and 2k12 is following that trend too. Thank God.

RIP Venus for all eternity.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #37
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I also believe that a writer can turn a character turn around if she/he has the skills to do so. Posters in other threads have come with ideas that marginally better as Venus's backstory and whole character then what was written in the show. However, there is matter of sticking the landing when said character is interacting with the main character. That part is what really separate good writers from the bad and sometimes you need create rules for yourself to force you to think outside the box and some general guidelines or checkmark to see if this character can work well with the others which can sometimes feels like a balancing act.

Like for example: Does this character makes things too easy for the main characters? Yes. Ok now you have go back give her some rules to keep her in check.

Sometimes to okay break rules, but in my opinion, it's best to make loopholes rather then straight up contractions.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #38
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Terrorpin? Is that the giant turtle from Mirage vol 2, or am I missing something here? If so, I don't really think it fits in with the other 'mutant' style turtles in this list...
yeah, he was protecting Rihana and her egg. And Terropin was also a unused toy design that later was used for Tokka.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
kolaida
Foot Soldier

I kinda like the turtles we already have. I don't know how they'd handle more. Carefully, I guess.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #40
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So Venus is similar/equivalent to Scrappy imo. It's been perfectly peaceful with no mention of her ever since 1997. 2k3 never mentioned her, 2k7 movie never did as well and 2k12 is following that trend too. Thank God.

RIP Venus for all eternity.

That's just silly to write-off a character because they sucked once. Granted, it was only once we've seen the character in question, but lets take another well known character:

THE BATMAN

Spoiler:

Started out dope as ****. A gritty, street level vigilante taking out gangsters. Can't get much more bad ass then that.

Spoiler:

Years later, under a different creative team, we get this ****. People love the 60s Batman, and I'm not one of them. I personally think they love it due to nostalgia or because its "tongue-in-cheek," but its not. Bob Kane loved the 60s TV show because it was so close to how the comic was at this time.

BUT THEN! ENTER:

Spoiler:

A new creator, Frank Miller, takes over Batman and essentially sets up how everyone thinks of Batman for the next 35 years. He's generally loved in this incarnation, except sometimes other creators get a hold of him and...

BAT NIPPLES!

My point is...is that Batman, the SAME character in all these incarnations can be loved:

Or panned:

depending on the creators, the medium, or with different variables. So saying Venus can NEVER be good NO MATTER WHAT...is flat out ****ing ignorant.