The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #21
Musashi
Foot Soldier

((Shrug)) is definitely a valid response to the crazy world that exists underneath Youtube videos. That one is pretty mild, really.

But yeah, she's got dancer's legs.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The royalties thing, its all about knowing how to negotiate clauses into contracts. Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) on Gilligan's Island was the only one of the seven to get residuals from syndication because her then husband was present when she negotiated her contract and suggested it be put in place in case the show was a success. Knowing the right people, knowing how to negotiate, and of course fame may give more sway.

As for Paige Turco. I always thought she was superior April and wondered what happened to her thinknig she would be able to get plenty of acting jobs. It turns out according to her IMDB page she has worked consistently since 1989. The thing is I never heard of any of the projects she participated in, those she was a regular on in particular. I guess she is a low key actress who works consistently. Same can be said for Elias Koteas. I never saw him in anything else either or even remember him being advertised, but also has had consistent acting jobs. I guess I was impressed with thier roles as a child and thought they would be well known actors. Despite her resume the only thing that stands out is two outings as April O'Neil.
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0876958/filmotype/actress
Old 05-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I was happy to see that she's been doing a lot, but disappointed to find out that pretty much none of it is anything I'd want to watch. I'm not one of those people who watches stuff I'm not interested in just to see a specific actor, nor do I typically make it a point to see every single thing an actor does, like some people seem obsessed with doing. Like my wife HAS to see every movie certain people are in, just because they're in them, and I just think that's ridiculous. But whatever, I know some people are like that. I just think it's silly.

I'd be kind of curious to see the movie Paige was naked in, but I'm pretty sure I've already seen the only part I'd care about. Not sure I'd need to actually sit and watch the actual movie. Unless it was really, really good, which it might be. But I'm not inclined to rush out and look for it, either.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:04 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, I was happy to see that she's been doing a lot, but disappointed to find out that pretty much none of it is anything I'd want to watch. I'm not one of those people who watches stuff I'm not interested in just to see a specific actor, nor do I typically make it a point to see every single thing an actor does, like some people seem obsessed with doing. Like my wife HAS to see every movie certain people are in, just because they're in them, and I just think that's ridiculous. But whatever, I know some people are like that. I just think it's silly.

I'd be kind of curious to see the movie Paige was naked in, but I'm pretty sure I've already seen the only part I'd care about. Not sure I'd need to actually sit and watch the actual movie. Unless it was really, really good, which it might be. But I'm not inclined to rush out and look for it, either.
I tried to follow actors onto other projects, but I just can't. I may appreciate what they did in the role of what I like, but Hulk Hogan has done mostly crappy roles. I love Don Knotts, but aside from Ghost and Mr. Chicken that plays close to the Barney Fife type of character I cannot watch anything else he did for Disney and I am not going to watch Three Is Company for Mr. Farley and The Incredible Mr. Limit is one of those movies I wish to get the time I lost watching it back. I tried following Amy Jo because she was great as Kimberly, but Susie Q was not for me as a 3rd grade boy. Around the same time I tried following the Olsen Twins because I have always been a Full House fan. I could not get invested in their string on made for video stuff. Those four examples as a child told me that I might love an actor for the fantastic job they did on something I love, but just because of that one role it does not been I would be interested in other projects that he or she does. I don't mean I define them by a single role or am grateful for just that one role he or she did, but I mean that I am glad to see them successful and getting work, even if it is something I myself will not be interested in. It's just in the cases of both Paige and Elias I had no clue that either of them had such a diverse and pretty active filmography. So in a way they are appreciated as actors, but are not widely known. They might still best be known for participating in TMNT films early in their respective careers despite the vast amount of work both seem to have gotten. I mean Brad Pitt is a huge name in Hollywood, but how many successful films remembered for decades has he done? Paige seems to have won more jobs. He is just "cute" and known for two failed marriages.

I did not mean to type out as much as I did, but felt a little explanation had to go into my thoughts. I am looking forward to Judith Hoag's watch party, but I have always thought Paige Turco was the better April O'Neil in her performances and she is an underrated talent that unbeknownst to shellheads and non-shellheads alike has a variety of roles.

To the OG poster,I really hope you are able to get an interview!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 05-14-2020 at 02:09 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

It's cool, man, I'm the last person who'd ever cry Foul on anyone for being long-winded.

And I totally get what you mean. Christopher Reeve was another one, he made a decent Superman but he really wasn't that good of an actor otherwise. Many people who've worked with him said that he just didn't have the same natural charisma out-of-costume, although he was (sometimes) a nice guy (and other times not, unfortunately). But his non-Superman career was very middling, despite him giving it his best effort, which is why nobody ever talks about movies like "Somewhere In Time" or "Street Smart". I think it was Jack O'Halloran ("Non" in Superman II) who famously said of Reeve, something to the effect of, "If you take off the cape, his balls fall off."

Some people are only really "good" at one specific thing. Typecasting is real, obviously, but some people simply don't have the range to do much outside their "box".

Also, Amy Jo Johnson. Mmmm mmmm. That reminds me of the time I watched "Pursuit of Happiness" on cable a long time ago, solely because she was in it and I'd heard she had a sex scene. Obviously, that scene (and another shortly after where she talks about how awesome the sex was) was about all I remember from the movie even a little bit. Like it was kinda weird seeing "The Pink Ranger" enthusiastically talk about screwing someone, but it was also pretty neat. She also has nice cans, obviously.

I've heard she kinda has some regrets about it, and kinda tries to bury it (the film doesn't even have a Wikipedia page) and keep people from finding out about it, which doesn't shock me. But it's out there. The one scene is worth a look for novelty's sake, movie itself was junk.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:46 PM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It's cool, man, I'm the last person who'd ever cry Foul on anyone for being long-winded.

And I totally get what you mean. Christopher Reeve was another one, he made a decent Superman but he really wasn't that good of an actor otherwise. Many people who've worked with him said that he just didn't have the same natural charisma out-of-costume, although he was (sometimes) a nice guy (and other times not, unfortunately). But his non-Superman career was very middling, despite him giving it his best effort, which is why nobody ever talks about movies like "Somewhere In Time" or "Street Smart". I think it was Jack O'Halloran ("Non" in Superman II) who famously said of Reeve, something to the effect of, "If you take off the cape, his balls fall off."

Some people are only really "good" at one specific thing. Typecasting is real, obviously, but some people simply don't have the range to do much outside their "box".

Also, Amy Jo Johnson. Mmmm mmmm. That reminds me of the time I watched "Pursuit of Happiness" on cable a long time ago, solely because she was in it and I'd heard she had a sex scene. Obviously, that scene (and another shortly after where she talks about how awesome the sex was) was about all I remember from the movie even a little bit. Like it was kinda weird seeing "The Pink Ranger" enthusiastically talk about screwing someone, but it was also pretty neat. She also has nice cans, obviously.

I've heard she kinda has some regrets about it, and kinda tries to bury it (the film doesn't even have a Wikipedia page) and keep people from finding out about it, which doesn't shock me. But it's out there. The one scene is worth a look for novelty's sake, movie itself was junk.
I was thinking as an elementary school kid watching the Power Ranger actors in other projects. I am saddened by the half of the OG 6 that left trying various projects that never got off the ground. Sure today as I am older than Amy Jo was on the show she was the pretty one, of all the ranger actresses from MMPR to Turbo, but she had a talent as an actress where I felt she could have gotten more roles because she had the acting ability. Amy Jo probably did the same as other actors do as a way to break the stereotype he or she became famous for and it does not work to their advantage, but disadvantage and as time wears on he or she appreciates the role best known for. It appears she has taken less work on her own choice however.I don't want to keep this thread from diverging again.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:44 AM   #27
Galactus
Foot Elite

I don't know why I'd never heard that Amy Jo Johnson did a sex scene so I was going to express my gratitude for that at least after searching for clips on YouTube.

WTF did you just make me watch? I never thought a young Amy Jo Johnson begging to be ****ed would be such a huge turn off. What the hell are James Marsden and Gary Oldman doing embarrassing themselves in this?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #28
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I have always thought of Judith Hoag as a quintessentially 80's April, closer to her comics counterpart (because the 1990 movie is so damn good abut being tonally accurate to the Mirage book) but Paige Turco was a fine April and I can't really see anyone else in the role after her. When I think of Mirage April in live action (even though she was a news reporter in film) I see Judith. When I think of April in the 90's Paige's face is the first thing I see. Her performance in TMNT II is just perfect. I hadn't really thought to look at her outside of the role.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I don't know why I'd never heard that Amy Jo Johnson did a sex scene so I was going to express my gratitude for that at least after searching for clips on YouTube.

WTF did you just make me watch? I never thought a young Amy Jo Johnson begging to be ****ed would be such a huge turn off. What the hell are James Marsden and Gary Oldman doing embarrassing themselves in this?
Hey boss, I said she had her goodie bags on display, I never said the movie was any good.

Caveat Emptor, brother.

That one scene could've been longer, though. It's like you finally get a good look at 'em and it's over.

EDIT: I had to refresh my memory, and the clip you're referring to was actually from a different terrible movie she did a year later called "Interstate 60", which I hadn't seen. But wow, that does look terrible. Kinda funny to see her play an unapologetic nymphomaniac, though, but alas, no nudity in that one. At least not her.

The "Pursuit of Happiness" clip is very easy to find but I doubt it's on YouTube and you'd have to turn your search filter off. Haha, she's grinding the hell outta that guy. Nice.

Last edited by Leo656; 05-17-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #30
Galactus
Foot Elite

Oh great. Now I have to watch another terrible movie just to satisfy my inner horny teenager.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Just go on "PH" (you know where) and search her name. It's literally 13 seconds of her topless doing the "Rude Awakening" on some dude. No need to torture yourself with the entire movie.

It's worth seeing those 13 seconds, though. She was in her priiiiiime. And they're perky as hell.

"Go, Go Power Rangerrrrrrrrrrs!"

Old 05-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #32
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Just go on "PH" (you know where) and search her name. It's literally 13 seconds of her topless doing the "Rude Awakening" on some dude. No need to torture yourself with the entire movie.

It's worth seeing those 13 seconds, though. She was in her priiiiiime. And they're perky as hell.

"Go, Go Power Rangerrrrrrrrrrs!"
I wish I was too ashamed to admit that not only do I know where but since I became single and quarantined alone I've been spending every night there.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

That's awesome. I'd high-five you but... HAH, well, you know.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #34
Galactus
Foot Elite

Oh go on. It's good for the skin.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Whoooo, for once I wasn't drinking coffee and it's a good thing because I would've totally wrecked my laptop on that one.

Nice job.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Paige was in 18 episodes of Party of 5? Huh. I never noticed her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

It's tough to notice much else when Neve's around.

Hah, I never actually watched the show. I just think she's dreamy.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:27 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Hah, I never actually watched the show. I just think she's dreamy.
Was mostly into Jennifer Love Hewitt in those days, myself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:39 AM   #39
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Was mostly into Jennifer Love Hewitt in those days, myself.
While there's definitely nothing wrong with Neve, put me down in the Jennifer Love Hewitt > Neve Campbell column.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

Well she definitely had a nicer rack, but facially Jennifer looks a bit too much like my sister so I kinda have an inherent bias away from her.

Kinda always had it for Neve since "Wild Things", even though she didn't do much or show anything. I'unno why exactly.