The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

My Little Pony: The Movie

Lionsgate and Hasbro teamed up for My Little Pony: The Movie, an animated film based on the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic series.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/anima...railer-a150190

Old 04-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love the FiM show, so I'm sure I'll love this movie when I see it on the big screen. From the way its advertised, it seems like this movie could the finale for the show, as season 7 will probably end by the time the movie comes out.

In total, mlp FiM has given us at the very least, 7 seasons with 169 episodes, 4 spin off movies and one feature film coming out. That's quite a legacy for something that started out as a toy commercial.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-06-2017 at 06:11 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Really looking forward to this. I love the show.

I know this might be the finale but I hope it's not.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #4
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

The hype is real! Still watch the show to this day.

I didn't read anything about this being the finale.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm sure this will be awesome news for about... 20 girls, and 40 billion guys.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Right? I'll never understand it either.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Not really hard to understand, a good show is a good show, and some people don't let things like asthetics get to them
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It looks like it might be using G1 characters...I may have dropped out, but I still recognize some of the redesigns by fans enough to know that Fire Fly is in there.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I don't know. I've heard from some people that it is a good show but I just personally don't care. Besides, even if it was a good show, how would you know? How many grown men randomly watch shows aimed at little girls just in case they happened to be turn out to be good shows?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
Allio
Foot Elite

honestly dropped MLP at the 100th episode, moved on with Ever After High...now that's some good ****. Before the rebranding, it was essentially Kamen Rider Gaim of little girl's cartoons.

It just has that right type of ****ed up situation where none of the characters are allowed to have happy childhoods. I find the characters so deep that I could almost drown in them (especially Ginger Breadhouse.)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:04 AM   #11
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
I don't know. I've heard from some people that it is a good show but I just personally don't care. Besides, even if it was a good show, how would you know? How many grown men randomly watch shows aimed at little girls just in case they happened to be turn out to be good shows?
I personally thought it looked cute and watched a couple episodes out of curiosity since it didn't seem like kindergarten material.

Don't you ever just check something out for the fun of it? Who cares who it's "supposed to be for" ?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:21 AM   #12
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
With regarding Ever After High, I caught an ad on Youtube. It essentially just said that if you don't act like a puppet and follow your lines, you die. So curious, I watch the first season of the show (about 45 minutes) and found the story to catch my attention.

I picked the first Ever After High book (which goes deeper into the first season) and got hooked with the characters and stories, and finding out the mysteries of the world. and despite the rebranding, I'm (for the most part) am enjoying the series 15 books in.

From character's past, to the bestiality, to Bella and Brutta, the death of Blue Fairy's daughter, to a god that is just ****ing with her creations, the series seems to have it all for me.

and it's a goldmine for theories for me (and I don't really jump on the theory wagons)
Old 04-07-2017, 04:22 AM   #13
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
It's a different era now, guys can like fluffy and cute stuff.

MLP is not my thing, but for the guys liking it: enjoy.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They have a name for this fanbase, They call them Bronies.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #15
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

This could be the closest thing to a classic Disney-esque film since The Princess and the Frog in 2009, or the Winnie the Pooh movie in 2011, what with the 2D animation and musical numbers. Definitely looking forward to taking my niece to see it.

If the animation looks off to anyone, it's because the trailer people for whatever reason apparently messed up on the conversion process.

"They didn't convert the 16 bit images to 8 bit properly and it crushed all the shadows. I'm so depressed." explains MLP: the Movie's art director Rebecca Dart on Twitter, also commenting with "I never would have approved this. The animation looks so much better than this, trust me."
Old 04-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #16
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
They have a name for this fanbase, They call them Bronies.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now. I myself love this show but I don't see myself as something of a die-hard fan. It's very enjoyable and can be outright amusing at times. One of the earlier episodes I remember is when an anvil and piano fell on Twilight for trying to figure out Pinkie Pie's senses.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

I, too, always found it weird how so many grown men are into this show. I believe you if you say it has surprisingly good writing for a cartoon aimed at little girls... but what exactly is good writing for a cartoon with such target demographics? I mean, I also have liked shows targeted at female audiences before such as Nana and Sailor Moon before but those series are not aimed at 5 year old girls.

Maybe it all started as a joke and then word spread and thus got more grown men interested in it? I wonder if Winx Club had lots of male fans back in the day as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exactly. One doesn't exactly see what is essentially a show for little girls and decide 'hmmm I think I'll watch it just in case it's secretly a good show'. Just like little girls that are into girly stuff wouldn't randomly watch Spawn and just in case there's a cuddly teddy bear in there somewhere.

I just never got into. Nowadays when I browse for new shows or series I tend to go for action packed or at least interesting anime.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #19
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The ponies look cute, and have cute voices. That's the best guess I can make.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

For a min I almost thought an unknown one in the trailer might have been Firefly from back in the day... Has a moon or something on her butt though, not a lightning bolt. Darn.

I admit this cartoon has grown on me. (I swear though, if this or the series does not address Scootaloo's family absence... lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote