The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Paramount planning more Nick-branded films in the future

Dunno what this means for TMNT, but this is still kinda interesting:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/vi...nt-1201982667/
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Dunno what this means for TMNT, but this is still kinda interesting:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/vi...nt-1201982667/
TMNT is part of the Nickelodeon brand, So maybe we'll see another film in the future.

Quote:
It’s a strategy that’s clearly aped from Disney, which has spent billions buying up Marvel, Pixar, and LucasFilm and seen its influence grow with each new acquisition. However, it’s not the first time that Viacom has tried to create stronger ties between Paramount and its other cable channels. The studio has made movies like “The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” that had ties to Nickelodeon or other brands.

Viacom said that Paramount’s film slate will now include one to two co-branded releases from each of the flagships annually. To kick things off, Nickelodeon and Paramount will collaborate on four films. The first, “Amusement Park,” will premiere in theaters in summer 2018 and will then inspire a TV series on Nickelodeon the following year. Viacom also said that Spike, home of “Bar Rescue” and “Lip Sync Battle,” will be rebranded The Paramount Network.

At the same time, Paramount will try to bolster its roster of franchises and tentpole releases, the industry term for major event movies with global appeal. These could potentially lead to small screen series.

“We will bring a set of our TV brands to film and our film brands to TV in a major way,” said Bakish

Beyond branding, Viacom said it would alter its approach to content and talent, deepen partnerships to drive revenue, make big moves in the digital and physical world, and “optimize and energize” the organization.” That last part could be tricky.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
TMNT is part of the Nickelodeon brand, So maybe we'll see another film in the future.
None of this non-news has a shred of anything to do with TMNT, or the prospects of another TMNT movie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I imagine there won't be another TMNT movie for at least 5-7 years, and when it will be it will be another full reboot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I wouldn't mind tmnt 3 being made
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

There won't be any new TMNT movies for a while. The Bayturtles movies were financial failures. I doubt they would be dumb to release a new one too soon
Old 02-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
There won't be any new TMNT movies for a while. The Bayturtles movies were financial failures. I doubt they would be dumb to release a new one too soon
Maybe it depends on how successful the Nickelodeon series and IDW comics will become during the upcoming time?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Only the second was a financial failure. I don't think releasing one in 2018 is a dumb idea, as long as they make a legitimately good film and don't release it at a time when much bigger films are dominating the theatres.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Maybe it depends on how successful the Nickelodeon series and IDW comics will become during the upcoming time?
IDW comics sales have and will have 0 bearing on any TMNT movies of any kind.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:54 PM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Only the second was a financial failure. I don't think releasing one in 2018 is a dumb idea, as long as they make a legitimately good film and don't release it at a time when much bigger films are dominating the theatres.
Or maybe 2019, when TMNT celebrates 35.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #11
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Eh, I think it's time to wipe our hands clean of the Platinum Dunes Turtles and start thinking towards the future.

Not sure what that will include or what it looks like, but a new live action TMNT needs people behind the wheel with a better idea of a vision of a film on it's own as opposed to character cramming merchandising.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #12
sdp
-

This will be for everything but a new TMNT film, so prepare yourselves for a live action Rugrats movie, turtle-fans am cry.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This will be for everything but a new TMNT film, so prepare yourselves for a live action Rugrats movie, turtle-fans am cry.
Pretty sure the Rugrats fans will cry too. Yikes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote