The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #81
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It means 30 year olds can now live their lives like 20 year olds and still have hopes and dreams for the future to change their lives or careers.

Decades ago once you turned 30 you were expected to settle into your career or lifestyle and it was "too late" to change it. Nowadays people like to think 30 isn't "old" anymore so they can still live like they want.

Today's 30 year olds party like they're in their early 20's.
Oh, I see. Well depends what you mean by "back in the day". People born in the 50s were pretty much doomed to have the same job/career forever. My mother's old job ever was teaching, per example. I guess part time jobs and such for people aged 16 to 30 where not a "rule" until the 80s-90s or something.

Depends what do you mean by partying. I'm only 26 so I have no idea what people aged 33-38 are doing out there, but I'm pretty sure most people I know around my age have already outgrown their going out every Friday night to get drunk.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

Old people in the 70's looked old as hell.

For example I watched the movie Jaws from 1975 the other day. The parents of the boy (aged around 8-10) died earlier in the movie, and the parents looked like grandparents. They looked like 60 year olds, whereas in the movie they were only intended to be around 30-40 at most. And this is from a 70's movie.

I have no idea why old people looked so "old" back then. Even in the first Rocky movie, Rocky's trainer was 69 in real life at the time the movie was made and he looked like an old man. Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone himself was 69 when Creed came out in 2015....and he looks far younger at aged 69 in 2015 than his trainer Mickey looked back in Rocky 1 in 1979 who was also 69 at that time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #83
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Old people in the 70's looked old as hell.

For example I watched the movie Jaws from 1975 the other day. The parents of the boy (aged around 8-10) died earlier in the movie, and the parents looked like grandparents. They looked like 60 year olds, whereas in the movie they were only intended to be around 30-40 at most. And this is from a 70's movie.

I have no idea why old people looked so "old" back then. Even in the first Rocky movie, Rocky's trainer was 69 in real life at the time the movie was made and he looked like an old man. Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone himself was 69 when Creed came out in 2015....and he looks far younger at aged 69 in 2015 than his trainer Mickey looked back in Rocky 1 in 1979 who was also 69 at that time.
Well, for one thing, maybe actors and celebrities back in the 70s didn't have access to medical technology which was advanced enough to give them plastic surgery?

And let's not forget that back then, life expectancy was lower on average. Also, we still didn't know much about the dangers of tobacco and alcohol abuse like we do nowadays. Although there's still lots of smokers, and I have no idea if the people you've mentioned as examples in your post partook in that or not.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's just so funny when you watch old movies from the 80's and 90's, and look at the elderly actors at the time and think about how old they are....but in real life they were only in their 50's-60's at the time.

For example James Earl Jones in Coming to America in the 80's looks the same as he does now, whereas back then he was only in his 60's. Now he is 86.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #85
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Compared to how I actually talk on here, I'm actually only 16 years old, I'll be 17 next month.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #86
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Compared to how I actually talk on here, I'm actually only 16 years old, I'll be 17 next month.
Oh man, I'm sorry to know that.

In all seriousness, I dunno about yourself, but I wasn't very happy when I was 15-17. That was the height of "being a teenager sucks". If you happen to be going a crappy phase right now, then chin up because it will be over before you know it.By the time you're graduating HS you'll notice you've changed significantly in the previous 3-4 years. Also, get ready, because once yo hit 18-19 years old, time will start to fly, but ESPECIALLY after you hit 22. I'm 26 and barely remember being 22-23. And it's not just due to all the alcohol I've consumed in 2013-2014, trust me.

...wow can't believe I've attempted to give out life advice in this thread.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #87
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

27, going to be 28. Been on this board on and off since I was 15.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #88
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Oh man, I'm sorry to know that.

In all seriousness, I dunno about yourself, but I wasn't very happy when I was 15-17. That was the height of "being a teenager sucks". If you happen to be going a crappy phase right now, then chin up because it will be over before you know it.By the time you're graduating HS you'll notice you've changed significantly in the previous 3-4 years. Also, get ready, because once yo hit 18-19 years old, time will start to fly, but ESPECIALLY after you hit 22. I'm 26 and barely remember being 22-23. And it's not just due to all the alcohol I've consumed in 2013-2014, trust me.

...wow can't believe I've attempted to give out life advice in this thread.
Go for it, I'm all for fandoms as a base of support and empowerment particularly for younger people.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #89
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

I recently turned 21 in last month, born in 1996 (which it's not a surprise if you read my nickname ). I read the forum since 2014 but I didn't decide to create an account until a year later.

I always thought I was the younger around here, but it looks like 15 is the younger. We really have a diversity of ages, and that's cool
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #90
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, you're still at least A younger-ish one. Agree, I like that the age range is so broad, and good for TMNT.

38 as of today. While I no longer look forward to an increase in digit, 38 feels like a good number, and weirdly already had since last year. 37 wasn't an easy number to remember for some reason.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #91
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
I recently turned 21 in last month, born in 1996 (which it's not a surprise if you read my nickname ). I read the forum since 2014 but I didn't decide to create an account until a year later.

I always thought I was the younger around here, but it looks like 15 is the younger. We really have a diversity of ages, and that's cool
Enjoy your early 20s. They'll be over before you know it.

I feel like I was just turning 22 yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ah, you're still at least A younger-ish one. Agree, I like that the age range is so broad, and good for TMNT.

38 as of today. While I no longer look forward to an increase in digit, 38 feels like a good number, and weirdly already had since last year. 37 wasn't an easy number to remember for some reason.
26 here. Meh. I found 24-25 "cooler sounding". Just like I preferred 20, 21 and 22 to 23. Silly thing but wtv.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #92
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Happy Birthday
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #93
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #94
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

20 at the current moment. Been here since late January 2012.
In 9 more days I'm hitting the 21 mark. QuQ
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #95
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Turned 26 today.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #96
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Turned 26 today.
How lucky, you were born on Alien Day!