The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #761
Slade
Not raised like you.
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,161
Decided I'd watch after a few buddies reviews and I have to say, so far, this season has been a real step up from the last few.

I was mad that it was a bait and switch with Laurel, because, I do like the actress and her character was getting good before being wrongfully killed off.
I'm cool with Dinah Drake though.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #762
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
The last episode was great. I love the whole dynamic of everything being out in the open between the hero and villain.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #763
Slade
Not raised like you.
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
The last episode was great. I love the whole dynamic of everything being out in the open between the hero and villain.
I second this. Keep it up Arrow.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #764
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
This show keeps getting doper.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #765
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,694
So looks like Black Siren/Earth 2 Laurel will be a series regular next season on Arrow...

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/katie-ca...rrow-season-6/
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #766
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
Whyyyy? She's the worst.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #767
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
Pretty great finale. I like the way they tied it to the beginning of the series. Now I just wonder if the flashbacks will continue in some form next season.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:15 PM   #768
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cholula
Posts: 5,090
I normally caught up on my DC shows in the fall when they added them on Netflix but last fall they added everything but Arrow so I ended up skipping all the shows but just now they added the fourth season of Arrow and I'm at a dilemma. I love the shows but man I now have Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Flash and Gotham to watch...that's too much counting every show is 44 minutes and they all have 22 episodes or so..

|I think I secretly liked that Netlfix didn't add Arrow last fall since it gave me an excuse...still I gotta watch it, I have continued to like Arrow all 3 seasons and I still think it's awesome despite it getting a lot of hate on the internet.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:29 AM   #769
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,189
Amazing finale. They brought the show full circle perfectly and the flashbacks this episode were the best since season 2. Awesome to see Deathstroke back and everyone involved. Though, I find it strange that Oliver would resort to using Deathstroke's and Captain Boomerang of all people's help, before Roy. He would have made the whole thing more complete. But damn, Prometheus is by far the best villain this show has had.

I'm also totally calling it.
Spoiler:
Merlyn is going to make the save on the island.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #770
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 10,739
I've just started watching the show a couple of weeks back. I'm about halfway through season 2.

Season 1 had some serious problems (very annoying that each and every villain is in some way directly connected to Ollie, his sister, his mother, his father, his best friend, or Diggle) but most of that I can chalk up to it finding its own feet. Saw the comparisons to Iron Fist, in that both begin with a billionaire lost for years coming back to take his place... in Iron Fist it's a big deal, here it's basically sorted out in 2 episodes. Fights are hit or miss but generally interesting to watch. Now, I have to really hand it to the season finale... that was all kinds of bad-ass and big. Pretty rare to see a season build up so many characters only to gleefully tear them down in its end. It's impressive. The spectacle too.

Season 2 so far... eh, I dunno. It's more polished in some ways, but in others it seems even more questionable. Arrow's reasoning for "I absolutely will not kill now because my friend is deeeead" is pretty dodgy and it's a little bit corny how that's the through line throughout (Laurel's father and everyone all shocked/impressed at Arrow, "Oooh, really? Are you truly turning over a new leaf now? No more killing serial killers or supervillains that will just kill the next day, pwomise?"). The stuff with the return of Laurel's missing sister sort of happened too quickly to register... could have been way more powerful if handled more capably. It was also very confusing... the first few times I saw her "attack" in costume, I swore it was just the Kelly Hu character from last season, who also had a mask and blond wig. I found the "Ollie organizing a Cash-For-Guns Rally" episode, with all the good citizens of Starling City turning in their guns like lemmings as if it's this wondrous thing to be super preachy... though there's a certain irony in that the city official he was basically doing that for, to appease, is turning out to actually be a supervillain.

I don't know about the island stuff. It's wildly inconsistent. In season 1 alone, Ollie and Deathstroke must have killed -- easily -- about 30, 40 enemy soldiers on that island. Probably more. Where are they coming from? By the end of season 1 Ollie and/or the Asian guy and/or Deathstroke have been caught and escaped from them literally about 15 times. It should have been just "Castaway" on the island, with Ollie honing his skills... not some big convoluted thing.

That's where I'm at, around episode 7 of season 2. Way, way better than something like Smallville (of which I couldn't even make it more than 5, 6 episodes into) but not nearly as pound-for-pound entertaining as really any of the Netflix Marvel shows. You could cut like 10 episodes out of Arrow season 1 and it would hardly matter. Still, not bad.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-25-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #771
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've just started watching the show a couple of weeks back. I'm about halfway through season 2.

Season 1 had some serious problems (very annoying that each and every villain is in some way directly connected to Ollie, his sister, his mother, his father, his best friend, or Diggle) but most of that I can chalk up to it finding its own feet. Saw the comparisons to Iron Fist, in that both begin with a billionaire lost for years coming back to take his place... in Iron Fist it's a big deal, here it's basically sorted out in 2 episodes. Fights are hit or miss but generally interesting to watch. Now, I have to really hand it to the season finale... that was all kinds of bad-ass and big. Pretty rare to see a season build up so many characters only to gleefully tear them down in its end. It's impressive. The spectacle too.

Season 2 so far... eh, I dunno. It's more polished in some ways, but in others it seems even more questionable. Arrow's reasoning for "I absolutely will not kill now because my friend is deeeead" is pretty dodgy and it's a little bit corny how that's the through line throughout (Laurel's father and everyone all shocked/impressed at Arrow, "Oooh, really? Are you truly turning over a new leaf now? No more killing serial killers or supervillains that will just kill the next day, pwomise?"). The stuff with the return of Laurel's missing sister sort of happened too quickly to register... could have been way more powerful if handled more capably. It was also very confusing... the first few times I saw her "attack" in costume, I swore it was just the Kelly Hu character from last season, who also had a mask and blond wig. I found the "Ollie organizing a Cash-For-Guns Rally" episode, with all the good citizens of Starling City turning in their guns like lemmings as if it's this wondrous thing to be super preachy... though there's a certain irony in that the city official he was basically doing that for, to appease, is turning out to actually be a supervillain.

I don't know about the island stuff. It's wildly inconsistent. In season 1 alone, Ollie and Deathstroke must have killed -- easily -- about 30, 40 enemy soldiers on that island. Probably more. Where are they coming from? By the end of season 1 Ollie and/or the Asian guy and/or Deathstroke have been caught and escaped from them literally about 15 times. It should have been just "Castaway" on the island, with Ollie honing his skills... not some big convoluted thing.

That's where I'm at, around episode 7 of season 2. Way, way better than something like Smallville (of which I couldn't even make it more than 5, 6 episodes into) but not nearly as pound-for-pound entertaining as really any of the Netflix Marvel shows. You could cut like 10 episodes out of Arrow season 1 and it would hardly matter. Still, not bad.
when you get to Season's 3 and 4 you are gonna wish Felicity would get killed she gets really annoying in those seasons
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #772
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cholula
Posts: 5,090
Season 1 is basically like Batman Begins, which sucks that Green Arrow is a Batman show but I still loved it because of that. S2 to me felt like The Dark Knight, a little too much "xanatos gambit" in the show for me to like it though it's the fan favorite season I think. S3 felt like TDKRises, too much going on an a little too much suspension of disbelief is needed.


The show does get more and more ridiculous as it goes on and the "realistic' world established in the first season is pretty much completely gone. I still think it's a great show and flash is also good. I would've loved to have seen this Green Arrow and Flash in the Justice League movie but whatever. At least it gives them the chance to kill off characters since they're not connected.


I kind of agree with what Howard Stern said about these shows which is "it's all I ever dreamed of so I have to watch them" but man do they get cheesy, then again comics do as well. The shows make so many dumb-ss decisions that you hate it since they get so many other things right and it could easily be the perfect interpretations of the characters but they keep f-cking it up. But yeah I think I'll end up watching and enjoying my summer marathon of Arrow S4/FlashS2/LoTS1/Supergirls1/Vixens1... god that's so many hours..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #773
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cholula
Posts: 5,090
Green Arrow competes in Ninja Warrior. Definitely catching up on Arrow and the rest of the show snow.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #774
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 24,914
In an only slightly related note, my son was watching The Electric Company while I dozed on the couch. Woke up to see Adrian Chase teaching him about Silent E.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #775
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,747
Nice to see people here liking this show again. Last time I was in this thread y'all were saying it was the worst show on TV or something.

Final was great, I can't wait to see everybody on the island survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I'm also totally calling it.
Spoiler:
Merlyn is going to make the save on the island.
Spoiler:
I heard John Barrowman isn't coming back to the Arrowverse.
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #776
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Nice to see people here liking this show again. Last time I was in this thread y'all were saying it was the worst show on TV or something.
No, it was the same two or three people constantly popping in just to remind everyone that they've given up on the show and are never ever gonna post in this thread again.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #777
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
No, it was the same two or three people constantly popping in just to remind everyone that they've given up on the show and are never ever gonna post in this thread again.
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm really disappointed they brought back Laurel Lance. Hopefully she doesn't stick around for long because she suuuuucks.
Glad we agree on this. I remember people here being upset when she was killed off. Seriously? Laurel?
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 05-29-2017 at 07:23 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #778
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Glad we agree on this. I remember people here being upset when she was killed off. Seriously? Laurel?
Yeah, she was the most boring character on the show. People like to complain about Felicity but at least she has energy and is entertaining.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #779
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah, she was the most boring character on the show. People like to complain about Felicity but at least she has energy and is entertaining.
Are people here still wishing she was killed off instead of Laurel? Or were they the ones who vowed never to post here again?
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #780
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 8,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Or were they the ones who vowed never to post here again?
Yeah, pretty much. Which means they'll be telling you themselves soon enough.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
green arrow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.