The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #281
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I think the Japanese version of Sonic CD is waaay better than the USA release. The music is much better.
Never played Sonic CD. Are there any other differences asides form the music? And I like the cheesy "Sonic Boom! Sonic Boooooooom!" title track tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #282
DestronMirage22
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Never played Sonic CD. Are there any other differences asides form the music? And I like the cheesy "Sonic Boom! Sonic Boooooooom!" title track tbh
Aside from music, there's a few cut scene differences, but I think that's it. The music makes a world of difference though.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #283
Prowler
Foot Elite

I've always wondered why Sonic fell a bit off the radar after the mid-late 90s. OK I know Sega stopped making consoles after DC, but it's like every Sonci game that came out after the Adventure series was either panned by critics or considered by most to be average at best. It cant' possibly be that hard to make a decent 3D sonic game, can it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #284
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
In the first Sonic game you don't really get a very exciting payoff for getting all the emeralds. And Robotnik juggling the ones you didn't get at the end over a "try again" message doesn't make me really feel bad either.

As for Sonic 2, I've never managed to get all the emeralds in it, but I guess Sonic going super saiyan mode was kinda cool back then?
I've never been able to collect all the emeralds...but I meant this in a general sense. The cutscene before with everyone watching and Sonic escaping the exploding Deathegg and Tails getting the plane to either catch him (no emeralds) or greet him (emeralds) with the music in the background was epic to me. It also felt like more was accomplished since you had to fight two bosses with no rings, even if you had the emeralds.
ssjup81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #285
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I think the Japanese version of Sonic CD is waaay better than the USA release. The music is much better.
The music in the Japanese release also makes more sense since the Present and Future tracks actually fit better with the Past tracks

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega, sonic