The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #9761
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mass Effect Andromeda is looking very rough, I'm wondering if reviews will tear it down. Probably doesn't help matters it's coming directly after Zelda and Horizon.

Looks like Mass Effect might be the biggest bomb of 2017.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #9762
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop

Anyone here have steam keys to trade? I have a few mostly from Humble Bundles that are repeates so they're just rotting away but thought I'd ask and maybe someone is in a similar situation and we can get new games instead of unredeemed keys. I pretty much have all the Star Wars Steam games doubled..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #9763
CyberCubed
Overlord

Looks like those talentless hacks at EA killed another franchise. Mass Effect Andromeda is getting poor reviews from most of the major game websites, around the 6.0's-7.0.

Mass Effect releasing in a sea of great games like Zelda, Horizon, Nier, Nioh, and earlier this year Resident Evil 7 and Yakuza 0 isn't helping matters.

And to make matters worse this game had 5 years development time. Stick a fork in it, Mass Effect is done. How the mighty have fallen.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #9764
DestronMirage22
Stone Warrior

Little brother struggled for hours trying to get his over expensive paper-weight to download and play his new copy of Battle Born. It still hasn't worked. I found the whole thing downright hilarious.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #9765
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You're being ******.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #9766
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I got Mass Effect, homies! I'm so happyyyyy.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #9767
CyberCubed
Overlord

So how is Mass Effect so far?
Old 03-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #9768
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It's fun to play but not nearly as interesting as the past ones.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #9769
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's what I figured, I may pick it up when it goes down to $20-30 in the future. Guess it isn't worth picking up anytime soon.

I wonder if EA will kill off the franchise after like they did with Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #9770
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's what I figured, I may pick it up when it goes down to $20-30 in the future. Guess it isn't worth picking up anytime soon.

I wonder if EA will kill off the franchise after like they did with Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.
Uhh are you aware a new Mirror's Edge came out recently?

Finally got me a controller for the PC so now I can play all the glorious games on Steam

Last Movie Watched: TMNT (2007).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #9771
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Bought the following this past Sunday on Steam:

Mass Effect 1
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #9772
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Bought the following this past Sunday on Steam:

Mass Effect 1
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Nice haul dude

Add me: PSN/XBL;3DS FC: 5069-4236-7320; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:02 AM   #9773
CyberCubed
Overlord

Playing Horizon, but getting a bit burnt out already. Maybe playing this so soon after Zelda was a mistake.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #9774
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I got Persona 5! It is one stylish game and really dope so far.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #9775
Powder
Endless Screw

Got all 120 shrines, & I'm roughly at about 240 Koroks. Got one Divine Beast left to tackle yet.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #9776
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Amazon had a couple of LEGO Dimensions sets super cheap, so I added to my game's ranks:

LEGO Dimensions The Simpsons Level Pack
LEGO Dimensions Scooby-Doo Team Pack

LEGO Dimensions Back to the Future Level Pack

Been playing a bit more of it lately. It's my first LEGO game, so I've been having a lot of fun with it. Though, there HAVE been a few points where I've embarrassed myself by getting frustrated at puzzles with super simple solutions.

Aside from that, I've been rotating between Project X Zone 2 (Actually a really, REALLY addictive little strategy game and a nice improvement over the first. Lots of funny in-jokes, too, including an Usagi reference!) and Paper Mario: Color Splash. (Super charming and hilarious. I seriously need to get back to it and finish it up.) Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was also in that rotation, but I beat it a while ago due to getting super addicted. (Seriously, I had no idea I'd love that game THAT much. The only non-fighting Digimon game I've played before was the original World when I was a child, so I was surprised by how quickly it hooked me when I got to raising Digimon. I even raised an Imperialdramon Paladin Mode. Needless to say, CANNOT WAIT for the sequel next year!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How is Sonic Boom Fire and Ice?
Pretty much like Shattered Crystal if you made all of the non-platformy sections separate mini-games and if you swapped out the exploration-heavy stuff for a more fast, flowing, Sonic Rush-type game. (There's still exploration, but it's mostly through alternate paths to the end and bonus rooms utilizing each character's unique skills.) Also, the story is way more enjoyable because of actual voiced cutscenes throughout the entire thing. So if you liked Shattered Crystal or the Rush games, it'll be up your alley. Haven't finished it yet, though.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #9777
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Persona 5 is like Zelda to me now; when I'm not playing it, all I can think about it is how much I wanna play it.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #9778
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

It always makes me so happy when I see people find games they like that much.

So I haven't been here in a while so I'm probably going to forget to mention a few games I've bought/played during the time I was gone but keeping that in mind, I've found some amazing things new and old

The obvious stuff first, I got both Sun and Moon, and for xmas I even got the hardcover guide for them, I just love them and it's easily one of the best gens released in a long time

Spirit of Justice was absolutely worth playing but I will have to wait until the next instalment to see how much I really like it as part of the rest of the series tbh due to how mixed my feelings are on the ending

I don't think I played Undertale until after I left but I was waiting for the hype to die down before I got knee-deep in the game myself, knew I'd love the **** out of it before I even started playing it and it did not disappoint in any way, so if you haven't played this one yet you really should

Oh another thing I picked up on Steam was Hatoful Boyfriend and it is not only hilarious but actually really good, like, I'm seriously recommending this

A friend of mine sent me a copy of one of the Yakuza games and it did not take me long before I was screaming THESE GAMES ARE AMAZING AND I MUST HAVE ALL OF THEM. Right now I am playing Yakuza 3 but I already know what happens because I watched my brother play through it and he's now moved on to Yakuza 4 and I'm watching that too, I just waste a ******** more time than he does and I have to google a lot of things and I'm just not as good at the mini games and extra crap lmao I GOT BEAT AT BOWLING BY A LITTLE GIRL AND HAD TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR ME RIP

And this was the most amazing timing for my brother to get me a PS4 for Christmas! 8D I have MGSV both of them, FFXV which is so good and I really need to properly play more of it, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth which is basically everything I've wanted out of a Digimon game for years [except no Giromon RIP], Dragon Age Inquisition because my computers can't run it and I really want to **** Iron Bull, Ratchet and Clank because I always get one of those with my PlayStation consoles I guess, and Shovel Knight.

I didn't get those all at once or anything I bought some of these games myself too I'm not a total mooch A few months back I went and bought a bunch of used Wii U games for myself but I haven't actually played any of them yet. Impulse Buying is a bitch.

me @ u
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #9779
PApagreg
Stone Warrior

Been playing Persona 5 lately pretty good but the plot feels too much like Kids next door in a lot of ways and sometimes I want to pop Ryuji in the mouth

Last edited by PApagreg; 04-18-2017 at 12:59 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 AM   #9780
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

...in what way?

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games