The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #6701
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ooh yes! I've akways found intellectual and cultural studies fascinating. It is especially interesting how they interact and affect history and even the lives of many of history's most influential or notorious people.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #6702
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Woke up with that ominous feeling in the throat this morning, hoping it was nothing, and has quickly progressed into an obvious cold virus. They don't normally progress this quickly, what the hell. Hope it keeps moving just as fast and gets lost even faster. I can't even recall the last time I was sick in frigging MARCH. Not sure it's hardly even happened as an adult. I'm usually fine once past February until the end of the year...

No fair. My thanks to the family member(s) that can't keep their germs to themselves.

Though I'm one of a few that got skipped on work hours this coming week (and a few others will be skipped next week), so if it has to happen, well I guess it picked the right timing...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #6703
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hope you feel better, Indigo.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #6704
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Speaking of health.... My gear grind is the return of my bronchitis in full force yesterday afternoon after coming home from our date. I started coughing again and having trouble breathing a little while after we got home, and it got progressively worse. Today I can barely sit up without hacking painfully and being short of breath, so I have spent the entire day either lying down in bed or reclining on the couch under a blanket. Mr Duckie has done dishes, trash, and even the laundry today (laundry is usually my job) and as much as I wanted to help him, I just can't. No energy, I have the urge to pee every time I cough (because the fits are so violent) and I'm achy all over from the coughing and my head feels like it'sin a vice from the congestion. I battled this crap for three and a half weeks and THOUGHT I was over it, and now it is back again. I hate bronchitis....

Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 AM   #6705
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

iPod, sleep deprivation, gravity, toilet... not necessarily in that order.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #6706
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Feel better soon, Duckie.

Gear grinder: The Monthly Misery has come upon me. Yuck.

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 03-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #6707
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Gear Grinder of the Day: Car drivers who think it's acceptable to honk at me when I'm on my bike. Honestly, are they trying to give me a friggin heart attack?! Use your words. Also sorry if it bothers you that I'm a little overly cautious when crossing the street, but keep in mind you're safe inside a big vehicle, while I'm super exposed. If you collide with another car, you're more likely to be okay as your car will take most of the impact of the hit. I on the other hand won't be so lucky!!!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #6708
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Bleh, Duckie, that sucks it came back after that long. I hope it isn't the bacterial variety? Hope you feel better, again, soon.

Getting on the other side of mine, but now it is moving into that fun post-cold part after it filled your sinuses full of crud and takes forever to clear out.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:25 PM   #6709
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

It was basically gone for almost a week before it came back. Yesterday it was so bad I left work halfway through my shift because I had run out of my cold and flu stuff and even my last cough drop and the end of the bottle of throat spray! Yeah it was THAT bad. I was sucking on cough drops like candy. So I went to WalMart (it's a blessing that it is right across the street) and loaded up on all of the above. Today I was heavily medicated at work, which made for a slightly fuzzy-headed day but at least I could function.

Actually it is the viral type according to the medical write up I got when I went to the ER the first time around. Not sure if that is better or worse. Either way I have been muserable for almost a month and a half now and taken two and a half days off from work. I suspect the long hours I was working might be partly to blame.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #6710
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

So I've been playing Quern: Undying Thoughts because of how much of a Myst fan I am and...am infuriated by how slow it is. What would take me about a minute to do in a Myst game takes me three in Quern because of how laggy it is. It's probably my computer because the walkthroughs I've seen to help me along in tough points are much smoother and faster.

And I'm really not sure what to do about it other than just take it.

(It also seems like Professor Maythorn is taking on the Atrus school of ethics. "Hey there, complete and total stranger, don't mind me abducting you from your life to solve my problems for me." Except for going a step further and PLANNING EVERYTHING ahead of said abduction and hopes that you'd be able to solve everything )
Old 03-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #6711
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I suspect the long hours I was working might be partly to blame.
Yeah, it's surprising how being overworked can kick someone's butt and make you more susceptible to this junk.

Chest been feeling a bit wet for me (like that been swimming in a pool feeling), but don't think it's going to turn into anything like that for me this time. Been using the Afrin nasal spray a little, so I hope that is encouraging things to losing up quicker and get out rather than stick around and turn into a 'part 2' chest thing.

My mom however, who probably gave the virus to me, has a nice case of laryngitis from it now.

And not really a grind, unless it's suspicious, but is it weird that someone left a note on my Jeep's windshield in our drive way saying "If for sale, call Chris"?

Uh, no, Chris, sorry... No one will be having my Jeep until I am long dead and gone, and hopefully that won't be until old age and who knows if it will still run itself by then. But I guess I'm flattered you like it...whoever the heck you are. o.O
Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #6712
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Not suspicious per se but a little creepy maybe.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:54 AM   #6713
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Well, I figured out the problem on my game . The Aspect ratio was waaaaaay too big for my computer to handle. I managed to find the perfect warm spot, where there's still a little "off" on it, but it's so much better than I had before. Maybe now I can turn up the motion blur a little...
Old 03-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #6714
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you're eating and bite your tongue hard enough to know there's gonna be blood.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #6715
Jephael

When you're watching a live stream on YouTube for an extremely popular channel that's ending and the live chat section is blowing up so fast you can't even see what anyone is saying, or get a word in edge-wise.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #6716
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've done that with other sites in the past, no point in even trying to be part of the conversation.

Heck... I guess it can't really even BE a conversation, its just a crowed trying to be heard with 99% not succeeding. Like a flock of starlings all carrying one and hoping to be noticed. Not worth the effort.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:02 AM   #6717
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I guess it can't really even BE a conversation, its just a crowed trying to be heard with 99% not succeeding. Like a flock of starlings all carrying one and hoping to be noticed. Not worth the effort.
I know. Also fans in general have this obnoxious way of freaking out some of the very people they adore; Like that incident at Comic Con I heard about from years back where Johnny Depp came on stage for a panel, and all these crazy fangirls started screaming wildly. Poor Depp was so weirded out he left right away.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #6718
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sinus stuff is my gear grinder today.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #6719
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

1) That TMNT seems to have permanently moved to 9am.

Come on... it's the weekend. Right now while I'm not being included among those who have to be at work at 7am on Sundays and can actually watch it on tv (yay!), at least let me enjoy sleeping in a little.

2) Are work hours still a thing? Company cut out a bunch more hours and supposedly, according to one of my leads, a few of us (including me) would not be having hours this week, but we'd get hours this coming week while a few others get their turn of not having any.

So far... I'm on for 3 hours tomorrow. And that's it. Wtf. I really hope that changes.

I had gone and gotten my taxes done ASAP just to help make up for the lack of hours this time of the year, which in retail isn't unusual, but I'm not used to the cut hours going on for this long... Or this bad. I don't mind a brief let up after the holidays because it's kind of a welcome break after dealing with all that, but this sucks.

Really don't want to have to go through the hassle of finding another job (and less than a year and a half at this one), nor leaving them when we tend to be so short handed as it is. Which makes the work suck more when you get in at 9am and find that no one was covering your department for most of the day before and it looks like a tornado hit it. Fun.

LAST Saturday they wanted me to cover both my usual second floor AND help cover Men's downstairs (since they had no one scheduled for it)... a department I don't really know and I'd have to be running up and down stairs for this. Wtf... (There was a women working in the women's dept. next to it and I believe she at least knows SOMETHING of men's... she can't help with that??) Of course, more than anything else, the cashiers had to keep calling for an MCA (such as me) for stuff concerning men's. >.> And it's always stuff that is like the last item of its kind from the clearance rack and without a tag so I have NO idea how much it was intended to be. Eesh... have some sense and just ask a damn manager who can offer a price, I can't give you magic answers.

Then there are the times like this that the cashiers are calling for an MCA, expecting you to just run over there in 30 sec or less, but, you know... you are kind of tied up with a customer you can't ditch. Or god forbid you went to break. People do not understand that we are not available at their every beck and call every and all moments of the day. Even with one of the managers last year, I had to grab the phone in the office next to the break room and explain to him that no, I was on break...I will be there afterward. (He wanted me to get the returns from down stairs that need to go back upstairs. But god forbid he could have sent one of those cashiers to bring the stuff up when most of them had nothing to do but stand around an chat when I did get down there. Grr.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-25-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #6720
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Allergies are kicking my butt. Ragweed and cedar are in bloom here, so it ain't much fun.