The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 AM   #81
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ain't no "might be" about it. This thing is apparently giving off nuclear levels of toxicity within the industry. It's a total Rambo "mission designed completely to fail" scenario.

I mean, yeah, the show itself was total cotton candy fluff, but that just begs the question of WHY make a movie out of it? We already had a sh*tty "Josie and the Pussycats" and it's almost the exact same thing conceptually. Not every idea has a right to exist. Especially not when it's being done poorly on purpose.
Can it be worse than PDMT? Naw... i mean, c'mon... it couldn't possibly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The resemblance is uncanny.

Well played Powder..... well played.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:39 AM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Can it be worse than PDMT? Naw... i mean, c'mon... it couldn't possibly...
Yeah it can, easily. For starters, the budget is supposedly embarrassingly small. Secondly, it's a franchise nobody ever took even a little seriously to begin with (can't blame 'em). Third, four weeks is a really ridiculous shooting schedule. Fourth, it was green-lit by people who thought the GI Joe movie was a really good First Step. And finally, the only appeal the movie has for people who aren't fans of the property is, "Holy s***, Molly Ringwald? She's still alive?!"

It's not just gonna be worse than TMNT. It's going to be one of the worst movies ever released in theaters, period.

We're gonna be sitting through a goddamn live-action Gummi Bears at some point. And no sooner will I hit "Submit" on this post, than some nitwit will be ready to reply with "I'd totally love to see that!" Yeah. I just bet you would.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #83
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
For some bizarre reason which I cannot fathom, there seems to be this attitude that women will watch movies full of men, but men will not watch movies full of women.
Same old reasons I guess probably why kids shows meant for boys or both genders keep the girls/women in fewer numbers. Too many and that equals "for girls" and therefore deadly toxic to guys (or seems that way) - unless of course uncensored skin is showing...or, uh, is made of cartoon Ponies.

Hollywood could really use some more smart, talented women behind the camera who can make some awesome female driven movies that aren't dimwitted and unconcerned with putting anyone's boobs in the camera nor making sure that sex appeal is inherently part of the character description.

Ya know... seriously, I didn't really care much before if movie Karai lived - and kind of assumed she didn't considering what happened to her hummer - but actually, come back Karai, you're the only TMNT lady with serious potential who doesn't sit there with Foxface Syndrome the entire time.

Quote:
And no sooner will I hit "Submit" on this post, than some nitwit will be ready to reply with "I'd totally love to see that!" Yeah. I just bet you would.
*Contemplates editing...but it would force me to lie*

Lets do Teddy Ruxpin instead. As an enemy of the Turtles.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #84
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hollywood could really use some more smart, talented women behind the camera who can make some awesome female driven movies that aren't dimwitted and unconcerned with putting anyone's boobs in the camera nor making sure that sex appeal is inherently part of the character description.
You know what I honestly think? I think the situation in Hollywood is a lot like the one in video games. Lots of women get involved because they want to create actual change, "Fight the system from within", all that stuff... then they realize, It's Totally F'n Impossible, because all the people in power within the industry are Men and they're absolutely Not Interested in stepping aside for anyone with the Exact Opposite agenda than the one that's already entrenched. So, these "crusaders" give up, settle for "progress by inches", and come to the practical decision that since the world doesn't want to be "saved", they may as well be able to pay their bills.

Thing is, it's not gonna change. Like, not ever. The entire point of any industry is "The Status Quo Works", because that's what makes the most money for everyone. In Hollywood, especially, the pen-holders at the highest rungs of the pecking order only move aside for family members. It's a completely closed system that doesn't allow newcomers of any kind, especially idealists. And 99% of them are Men. That's not changing. Ever.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm saying it Is What It Is and that there's reasons why it can't be and will never be any different.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #85
Commenter 42
Banned

i don't know. Girls is a hugely popular show, Nurse Jackie, Scandel, Homeland...

wait, didn't we all have this discussion before? I'm getting deja Vu.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #86
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
We already had a sh*tty "Josie and the Pussycats" and it's almost the exact same thing conceptually.
Hang on - you didn't like the Josie and the Pussycats movie???

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #87
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
We're gonna be sitting through a goddamn live-action Gummi Bears at some point. And no sooner will I hit "Submit" on this post, than some nitwit will be ready to reply with "I'd totally love to see that!" Yeah. I just bet you would.
Hey as long as they give it a faithful origin, and stay true to everything we love about Gummy Bears, then it should be great!

Also, why are you sitting through a Gummy Bears movie if it's made? Do you live in some country that forces you to watch movies you will hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
For some bizarre reason which I cannot fathom, there seems to be this attitude that women will watch movies full of men, but men will not watch movies full of women. I think it's silly, personally - good stories are good stories. Who cares if your protagonist/s has/have bewbs? Do people really think that way?
Sadly yes...I have a hard time understanding people who write things off because it's lead is a woman. Or the entire cast is women. I think the last few years have gotten better, Bridesmaids certainly helped, and SNL has always showcased talented women. Actually SNL's female cast right now is better than the male cast.

I think the reason it is getting better, and it will continue to get better, is that women are not following that old way of thinking of act this way, say these things, dress really pretty so you can meet a good man who will knock you up and you can raise the children at home while he provides. That is such a warped way of thinking.

Women who are not afraid of being themselves are the ones who will truly make a difference in this world, and get people to open their eyes.

Quote:
Same old reasons I guess probably why kids shows meant for boys or both genders keep the girls/women in fewer numbers. Too many and that equals "for girls" and therefore deadly toxic to guys (or seems that way) - unless of course uncensored skin is showing...or, uh, is made of cartoon Ponies.

Obviously girls watch shows aimed at boys, and nobody will say a thing, and sadly I think shows aimed at boys are more realistic in nature. So there is some small form of relatabilty for the girls when they watch. The shows aimed at girls seem to be for ultra barbie type girls. Pink dresses and being popular and all that stuff. That's unappealing to a boy. I saw the commercials during TMNT this weekend for a show on Nick about a girl who goes from cheerleader to QB for her school, and I thought that is a good show for kids. It's showing that a girl is equal, also putting her in a powerful roll such as QB (leader of the team) and it's not diminishing the guys either.

I think most men who don't really think about it, think feminism means that women de-value men, but they are just looking to be equals. I think if most men really knew what feminism was about they'd understand it.

I think you were the person that inspired me to actually start posting on this board (I'm sure Leo and TrickOrTreater are thankful), over arguments of sexualizing April...now regarding your statement about getting non dimwitted women who don't use sex appeal... Sex is natural, sexual attraction is natural. I don't get why people are so against having anything to do with sex in movies. It just seems odd to avoid that, or suggest that women are sexless. That's kind of what men have been doing to women since the dawn of time. They've looked at women as just there for our sexual needs, only being sexual so we will provide a life to them, and now I notice some women who are trying to make women into these sexless people. Sex is natural...but for whatever reason it may be, some people are not comfortable talking about it or seeing it...and those people tend to think it's being forced down their throat...but it's actually not.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #88
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Doing so well... then veered off and crashed in left field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
...now regarding your statement about getting non dimwitted women who don't use sex appeal...
I made no such statement.

Quote:
movies that aren't dimwitted
Quote:
talented women behind the camera who can make...movies that...sex appeal is [not] inherently part of the character description.
Inherent
: involved in the constitution or essential character of something

In other words... not necessarily removing it, but not always acting like it's an important aspect of a character that has to be pointed out rather than focusing on more important traits.

Quote:
that aren't dimwitted
Such as things like...
Quote:
The shows aimed at girls seem to be for ultra barbie type girls.
And you're right, a lot of it seems exactly that way. Which is pretty much my main point (and I guess a symptom of how society is), be it shows aimed at kids or descriptions of adult characters - it's all very one dimensional depictions/marketing.

Quote:
Women who are not afraid of being themselves are the ones who will truly make a difference in this world, and get people to open their eyes.
Maybe someday. But not until people stop being satisfied to remain crashed in left field.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #89
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Doing so well... then veered off and crashed in left field.

Maybe someday. But not until people stop being satisfied to remain crashed in left field.
Right field is getting jealous, don't ignore crashing in right field.

If you do mention right field, be sure we also talk about center field.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #90
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
(I'm sure Leo and TrickOrTreater are thankful)
I don't pay you a second thought outside of the few seconds it takes to quote you, Purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #91
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Back on topic...

You know what. If this film does (very possibly) win any of those nominations...

If they fix the lair for the sequel and/or have a new home that is just as filled with so much stuff like their 'bedroom' is/was, I want and think it would be very appropriate for them to tuck the/a Razzie trophy in among all their other junk, able to be spotted by a good eye.

(But who ever it belongs to still has to take it home after production wraps up so it can stare them in the face.)
Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #92
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

If they fix the lair for the sequel and/or have a new home.
you know what, i was actually thinking about the lair recently

for all the still released, and as much work went into it we barely saw it..maybe for like half a second

if you ask me a waste of a set

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #93
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
you know what, i was actually thinking about the lair recently

for all the still released, and as much work went into it we barely saw it..maybe for like half a second

if you ask me a waste of a set
I know what you mean, I was/am kind of disappointed we hardly saw any of it. If only down time existed. I hope it just looked more messed up in the movie then what really was.

Such awesome work done on it (those folks deserve a trophy for that, and not a Razzie), I'm kind of envious of those who must have gotten paid to have the job of looking for all that stuff to build and decorate the place. Basically shopping for them as if they were real. That would be fun as heck.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #94
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

I can understand why many people did not like this movie. Personally, I thought it was great. However, I do not believe this movie should have been nominated for Worst Picture and other major categories instead of Ouija. That film received far worse reviews than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm very surprised that movie avoided getting nominations.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise

Problem is, with that you're comparing something that could actually have been something, to something that was never going to be anything. It's kind of a sliding scale.

TMNT was a huge disappointment to many people because, they technically could have given us just about anything, anything at all, and THAT was the best they could do. Well, I for one don't think it was anywhere close to "the best they could do" and am pissed they barely tried. It could have been a lot more, and not just a toy commercial/jokey piece of nostalgic fluff.

"Ouija", however, never had any chance to be anything, and apparently it wasn't. How can you even "grade" something like that? Something with zero potential to be any good turned out to be bad. Meanwhile, something with infinite potential turned out to be "Eh". That, to me, is worse.

It's like, nobody gets upset when the kid from the trailer park gets hooked on smack and starts robbing liquor stores; he's just doing what he's "supposed' to do. When the straight-A honor student who was gonna go to Harvard starts doing blow and stripping, that's when everyone freaks out. It's a matter of, "How much potential did such-and-such really even have to begin with". Make sense?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #96
Bloodsucker
Banned

Quote:
It's like, nobody gets upset when the kid from the trailer park gets hooked on smack and starts robbing liquor stores; he's just doing what he's "supposed' to do. When the straight-A honor student who was gonna go to Harvard starts doing blow and stripping, that's when everyone freaks out. It's a matter of, "How much potential did such-and-such really even have to begin with". Make sense?
I hope you do not have any problems with dancing. I make good money, better than working in the supermarket to pay for my school.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #97
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It doesn't surprise me that this movie is getting nominated for Razzies as I feel it deserves it immensely for how shoddy it was. Sure, there were probably other movies that were just as bad, but I'm still not surprised this one got some nominations.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

http://news.moviefone.com/2015/02/22...ers-full-list/
Quote:
Worst Picture
"Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas" - WINNER
"Left Behind"
"The Legend of Hercules"
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"

Worst Director
Michael Bay, "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" - WINNER
Darren Doane, "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas"
Renny Harlin, "The Legend of Hercules"
Jonathan Liebesman, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
Seth Macfarlane, "A Million Ways to Die in the West"

Worst Actor
Kirk Cameron, "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas" - WINNER
Nicolas Cage, "Left Behind"
Kellan Lutz, "The Legend of Hercules"
Seth Macfarlane, "A Million Ways to Die in the West"
Adam Sandler, "Blended"

Worst Supporting Actor
Mel Gibson, "Expendables 3"
Kelsey Grammer, "Expendables 3," "Legends of Oz," "Think Like a Man Too," "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" - WINNER
Shaquille O'Neal, "Blended"
Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Expendables 3"
Kiefer Sutherland, "Pompeii"

Worst Actress
Drew Barrymore, "Blended"
Cameron Diaz, "The Other Woman" and "Sex Tape" - WINNER
Melissa McCarthy, "Tammy"
Charlize Theron, "A Million Ways to Die in the West"
Gaia Weiss, "The Legend of Hercules"

Worst Supporting Actress
Cameron Diaz, "Annie"
Megan Fox, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" - WINNER
Nicola Peltz, "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"
Susan Sarandon, "Tammy"
Brigitte Ridenour (nee Cameron), "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas"

Worst Screenplay
"Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas," written by Darren Doane and Cheston Hervey - WINNER
"Left Behind," screenplay by Paul LaLonde and John Patus, based on the novel by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
"Sex Tape," screenplay by Kate Angelo and Jason Segel & Nicholas Stoller
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction," written by Ehren Kruger, based on Hasbro's Transformers action figures
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," written by Evan Daugherty and Andre Nemec & Josh Applebaum, based on characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman

Worst Remake, Sequel, or Rip-off
"Annie" - WINNER
"Atlas Shrugged #3: Who Is John Galt?"
"The Legend of Hercules"
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"

Worst Screen Combo
Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors, "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"
Kirk Cameron and his ego, "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas" - WINNER
Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel, "Sex Tape"
Kellen Lutz and either his abs, his pecs, or his glutes, "The Legend of Hercules"
Seth Macfarlane and Charlize Theron, "A Million Ways to Die in the West"
Old 02-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #99
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Worst Supporting Actress
Megan Fox, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" - WINNER
Great job, TMNT! You did it!

I wonder what the outcome would have been if he'd directed TMNT as well as Transformers (he essentially was the director of Turtles, but still...)
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #100
Bloodsucker
Banned

Can they please makes some movie that will have all of this category together?
It should be so fun! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Worst Screen Combo
Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors, "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"
Kirk Cameron and his ego, "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas" - WINNER
Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel, "Sex Tape"
Kellen Lutz and either his abs, his pecs, or his glutes, "The Legend of Hercules"
Seth Macfarlane and Charlize Theron, "A Million Ways to Die in the West"

Last edited by Bloodsucker; 02-22-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote