The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 03:33 AM   #1
Vicky82
Foot Elite
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 4,368
Official TMNT 2 Discussion

This is a thread just for discussioin about the movie, anything you like or hate about what you seen from filming and news.

You speculate on what you think is going to happen in the movie too.

So keep all discussion here and don't use the official photo/video thread for it.

Oh and try and keep arguements out, don't want a full lockdown again do we.

'Cough' Sticky this thread please 'Cough'
__________________
My heart!!!! One of the saddest scenes.


Last edited by Vicky82; 06-29-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,127
Well, one thing I hate about it is that Stephen Amell looks nothing like Casey Jones. He just looks like himself with a hockey stick and that's not right. I also don't like April's undercover outfit either. She should have chosen something a lot less revealing, but we all know it was to entice the boys to see this thing. Ugh!

Edit: Furthermore, I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to comment right on the video/set thread as that's where the pictures are and where people can scroll and look at said pictures. But whatever.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 06:22 AM   #3
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Well, one thing I hate about it is that Stephen Amell looks nothing like Casey Jones. He just looks like himself with a hockey stick and that's not right. I also don't like April's undercover outfit either. She should have chosen something a lot less revealing, but we all know it was to entice the boys to see this thing. Ugh!

Edit: Furthermore, I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to comment right on the video/set thread as that's where the pictures are and where people can scroll and look at said pictures. But whatever.
Cus whenever you go to the thread to see pictures.....there are NO pictures!
Just pages and pages of fighting and crap!
Makes perfect sense to have two different threads.
__________________
WANTED: FOOT CRUISER BITS AND PIECES IN THE UK
joefsas is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,127
Yeah, okay, I get that. So those are my two gripes thus far.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 9,801
According to a post on Instagram, They were shooting some alien invasion scene.
https://instagram.com/p/4fnFqBpN94/?tagged=tmnt2

When I asked if they are shooting scenes with Krang, The person replied back saying, he can't give out any details, But a good guess.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
According to a post on Instagram, They were shooting some alien invasion scene.
https://instagram.com/p/4fnFqBpN94/?tagged=tmnt2

When I asked if they are shooting scenes with Krang, The person replied back saying, he can't give out any details, But a good guess.
Huh.

Overcrowded... just like we all feared. There is no way another 90min PD film can do justice to all of the new characters and storylines in the length of the first film.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #7
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Huh.

Overcrowded... just like we all feared. There is no way another 90min PD film can do justice to all of the new characters and storylines in the length of the first film.
While I agree with your second sentence:


What if I told you...



...we have no idea what the runtime will be.
__________________
beeshaw is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
Vicky82
Foot Elite
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 4,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
While I agree with your second sentence:


What if I told you...

http://generator-meme.com/inc/media/...i-told-you.jpg

...we have no idea what the runtime will be.
Yeah it could last 2 1/2 hours, also the alien invasion might close out this movie and be continued over in the 3rd movie.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of the saddest scenes.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah it could last 2 1/2 hours, also the alien invasion might close out this movie and be continued over in the 3rd movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
While I agree with your second sentence:


What if I told you...

http://generator-meme.com/inc/media/...i-told-you.jpg

...we have no idea what the runtime will be.
I'm aware the runtime might be significantly increased, but I don't think it's likely. Didn't Nickelodeon already cut the first movie's runtime so that they could get more TMNT showings in a single business day?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #10
Vicky82
Foot Elite
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 4,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm aware the runtime might be significantly increased, but I don't think it's likely. Didn't Nickelodeon already cut the first movie's runtime so that they could get more TMNT showings in a single business day?
I thought they cut some of it out because of changing Eric Sacs/Shredder to the other guy and had to do reshoots because of it.

Also I expect that some things we've seen could could get cut out of this movie.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of the saddest scenes.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I thought they cut some of it out because of changing Eric Sacs/Shredder to the other guy and had to do reshoots because of it.

Also I expect that some things we've seen could could get cut out of this movie.
A lot of the cuts were because of poorly-executed script rewrites, but some of the material was also cut to trim the runtime. It's never been confirmed, but I'm assuming Raph in a trenchcoat and Vern in the lair was where time was saved... as neither of those elements would really seem to tie into the whole Eric Sachs debacle.

I watched The Dark Knight again, and had to shake my head. When he's not hunting down mutant turtles, Eric Sachs earns a little money on the side working at a mob bank.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,064
We back! lol

Now the 'missing' members will be back too.

Also conspiracy theory: Micheal Bay made the first movie so bad that anything else would be an improvement.
turtlefanforever is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 7,296
I wish there was an easier way with this... I would not expect this method to remain perfect... just saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Also, fyi, that very likely may not necessarily be for the film. I've seen non-TMNT photos in prior months in an article or two (one did however make a TMNT joke) because there IS a green dye used to help trace leaks when a pipe or something like that breaks. (Too bad I can't give that heads up in the other thread where some may just keep assuming it's for TMNT.)

Here's an older example with a good photo.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3428901.html

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-29-2015 at 12:47 PM.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 9,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I wish there was an easier way with this... I would not expect this method to remain perfect... just saying.



Also, fyi, that very likely may not necessarily be for the film. I've seen non-TMNT photos in prior months in an article or two (one did however make a TMNT joke) because there IS a green dye used to help trace leaks when a pipe or something like that breaks. (Too bad I can't give that heads up in the other thread where some may just keep assuming it's for TMNT.)

Here's an older example with a good photo.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3428901.html
Yeah, I deleted after I was unsure if it was, since the person responded back.

Anyways, I heard they are filming at the Pier til Wednesday.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #15
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Huh.

Overcrowded... just like we all feared. There is no way another 90min PD film can do justice to all of the new characters and storylines in the length of the first film.
It's DEFINITELY not going to be much more than 90 minutes.

It's going to be a bigger mess than the first but for entirely different reasons.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
It's DEFINITELY not going to be much more than 90 minutes.

It's going to be a bigger mess than the first but for entirely different reasons.
Thank God you're back... I was afraid I was gonna have to be the only sarcastic, bitter, angry fan on this thread for the day.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #17
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back home.
Posts: 7,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
According to a post on Instagram, They were shooting some alien invasion scene.
https://instagram.com/p/4fnFqBpN94/?tagged=tmnt2

When I asked if they are shooting scenes with Krang, The person replied back saying, he can't give out any details, But a good guess.
Nice work.

The more I hear, the more I wanna see this movie. Super excited.
__________________
Cure is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 7,296
Quote:
http://www.ibtimes.com/teenage-mutan...erview-1987287

The producers of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2” are looking to cast bodybuilders as extras for scenes to be filmed in New York City in July.

A casting announcement on ClaimFame states that the producers are looking for male bodybuilders who are 6 feet 3 inches tall to 6 feet 5 inches tall. The extra will be the body double for cast member Stephen Farrelly, who is expected to be playing the role of Rocksteady in the forthcoming movie. The applicants have till July 6 to send in their details.
So I guess if you're a wall of a man and and wanna do it, get the application in soon.

Curious about this "body double" though since the guy cast for Rocksteady is seen as human Rocksteady. Maybe this casting is for mocap? But they also refer to it as an extra... Hm.




Quote:
http://animalnewyork.com/2015/teenag...eca-residents/

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Helicopter Annoys Tribeca Residents

Over the weekend, Tribeca residents were disturbed by a very loud helicopter. It appeared at around 6 AM on Saturday, and was still in the sky above Hudson Street at around 8:30 Sunday night. Tribeca Citizen determined that it was filming for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
Sorry, residents, but I lol'd. Are they really even so sure.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-29-2015 at 02:55 PM.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:48 PM   #19
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Nice work.

The more I hear, the more I wanna see this movie. Super excited.
Haha, you're being sarcastic right?
Amaranthus is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #20
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 23,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So I guess if you're a wall of a man and and wanna do it, get the application in soon.

Curious about this "body double" though since the guy cast for Rocksteady is seen as human Rocksteady. Maybe this casting is for mocap? But they also refer to it as an extra... Hm.
Stephen Farrelly is Sheamus' real name. Google told me so, for the record. I was confused too.
Powder is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.