The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #21
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just so you guys know, I'm never leaving.
Are you threatening me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've been here for 12 years since 2004, I'll be here the next 12 years as well. This forum is stuck with me forever. As I said in the other thread, we can all grow old together.
You are threatening me!



Nah, just kidding. Place wouldn't be the same without you.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #22
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Was Davetello the guy who told me my grandmother died because I didn't love her enough?
Yeah. He's the now-banned Scottish dude that usually had a 2k3 Don in his avatar and w.o.w. he did not like you at all. It was always that side of him I hated, too, because I liked both of you just fine outside the times you two crossed paths. He got so nasty toward you and it upsets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Penny I miss like burning.
Also, this.

And I miss Leo every time I log onto here, but I've got other ways to contact him if I deem it necessary, though I uh, haven't been on there because it's part of my current "blacklist".
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #23
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I liked them well enough.

Just so you guys know, I'm never leaving. I've been here for 12 years since 2004, I'll be here the next 12 years as well. This forum is stuck with me forever. As I said in the other thread, we can all grow old together.
That's an oddly comforting thought.

Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #24
Papenbrook
Stone Warrior
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: It depends...
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
I never got a long with Leo. He had quite an ego, and seemed to always think he was right on everything.

However, I now fully understand why he left, and have a lot of sympathy for the guy for that. People here are terrible. This place is just toxic now.
Agreed. This place is a pigsty.

It's why I don't post that often anymore. People started taking my opinions/beliefs out of context, and often bullied/harassed me as a result. It honestly makes me increasingly depressed about myself. I start to doubt my own self-esteem.

It hurts me personally, honestly.
----------------------------------------------

I miss Hannah. She was a great forum member.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #25
Katie
The Anti-Girl
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,304
Dave started hating plastron when she didn't heed the personal army call. If I remember right, he was mad at me for telling him it was rude to wish cure would die in the hospital, sent a pm to plastron for backup, and didn't get it.

He was such an angry guy and I was at the worst internet me when people here actually caused me stress. Such garbage.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #26
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,165
Dave was one of those that seemed nice at first.

Did not like Dave after a couple of his little outbursts.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #27
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Dave started hating plastron when she didn't heed the personal army call. If I remember right, he was mad at me for telling him it was rude to wish cure would die in the hospital, sent a pm to plastron for backup, and didn't get it.

He was such an angry guy and I was at the worst internet me when people here actually caused me stress. Such garbage.
Oh man I remember that
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #28
Snakeweed
Random Punk
 
Snakeweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: The Forest
Posts: 46
I wasn't here while they were really. Why did either of them leave?
__________________

Nature Always Wins
Snakeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #29
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,474
I miss Penny. She seemed like a nice, down-to-Earth person. The 'Drome needs more people like that.

Can't say I miss Leo.
Davetello was an all right guy, though I couldn't understand his logic of wanting to curb his posting so that newbies wouldn't be intimidated by it.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #30
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeweed View Post
I wasn't here while they were really. Why did either of them leave?
Mainly because they got fed up with this place, I believe. Can't say I blame them. Sadly, more and more good users seem to leave or just posting less. Cipher was away for a long time as well. Jester also didn't post for a while. BubblyShell came back today, it seems.
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #31
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On Tour
Posts: 14,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Agreed. This place is a pigsty.

It's why I don't post that often anymore. People started taking my opinions/beliefs out of context, and often bullied/harassed me as a result. It honestly makes me increasingly depressed about myself. I start to doubt my own self-esteem.

It hurts me personally, honestly.
----------------------------------------------

I miss Hannah. She was a great forum member.
So what you're saying is, this is Hannah's troll account. Makes me feel better.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #32
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 24,839
Yeah...work schedule changed, and most of my time home is spent with family. I guess you could say I grew out of posting nonstop.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #33
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,474
Who's Hannah?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #34
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,867
I remember some older users back when I joined in 2009 such as Spitfire, Third Mario Bro and GK. I wonder what they're up to now. They seemed alright for the most part, iirc.
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #35
Snakeweed
Random Punk
 
Snakeweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: The Forest
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
I never got a long with Leo. He had quite an ego, and seemed to always think he was right on everything.

However, I now fully understand why he left, and have a lot of sympathy for the guy for that. People here are terrible. This place is just toxic now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Mainly because they got fed up with this place, I believe. Can't say I blame them. Sadly, more and more good users seem to leave or just posting less. Cipher was away for a long time as well. Jester also didn't post for a while. BubblyShell came back today, it seems.
Maybe I'm just new, but it seems like there's a lot more, idk, drama, going on recently.

Again, I've been here almost a year, so I don't know if that's just pretty constant
__________________

Nature Always Wins
Snakeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 28,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I remember some older users back when I joined in 2009 such as Spitfire, Third Mario Bro and GK. I wonder what they're up to now. They seemed alright for the most part, iirc.
Spirfire was a regular when the 2k3 series was airing and posted in the comics section. He went through anger rages around the time Laird sold the TMNT franchise to Nick and he quit early in the IDW/Nick run.

He was in his 20's back then and trying to become a movie director in LA, I have no idea if he succeeded or not. He tried to make some short films and had his site in his profile for some time. My guess is he might have completely failed to make it big in LA and not become the movie direction he was hoping to become.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #37
Katie
The Anti-Girl
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
So what you're saying is, this is Hannah's troll account. Makes me feel better.
Makes perfect sense. All the puzzle pieces fit.


Be careful. She'll sic Doom on you.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #38
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah...work schedule changed, and most of my time home is spent with family. I guess you could say I grew out of posting nonstop.
And nothing wrong with that.

Still, good to see you back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeweed View Post
Maybe I'm just new, but it seems like there's a lot more, idk, drama, going on recently.

Again, I've been here almost a year, so I don't know if that's just pretty constant
And you're prolly right. Drama seems to have increased tenfold in the last couple of years, especially during this year. It seems like EVERY thread turns into arguments now. And that is quite frankly discouraging.
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #39
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeweed View Post
Maybe I'm just new, but it seems like there's a lot more, idk, drama, going on recently.
Recently people have been getting pretty passionate in the TV section about whether DC sucks at making movies or not
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 28,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Recently people have been getting pretty passionate in the TV section about whether DC sucks at making movies or not
The TV section is the most active forum on this entire site. Its more active than any of the TMNT sections even.

Seems people like discussing movies and TV shows, who knew?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
appliancesneedlove2, cubed and tothenines, cubed will never leave, stop it with the tags.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.