The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #41
GoldMutant
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No one's gonna ban CyberCubed. He's the heart and soul of this place.
I would've though Machias was the heart. Cube's like the little kid we love to hate, or just hate; everyone's baby brother pretty much.

Leo went a bit over the top and Penny I don't get why she left, but I'd be happy to see either of them again.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #42
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Spirfire was a regular when the 2k3 series was airing and posted in the comics section. He went through anger rages around the time Laird sold the TMNT franchise to Nick and he quit early in the IDW/Nick run.

He was in his 20's back then and trying to become a movie director in LA, I have no idea if he succeeded or not. He tried to make some short films and had his site in his profile for some time. My guess is he might have completely failed to make it big in LA and not become the movie direction he was hoping to become.
Interesting. Well, despite USA having the biggest entertainment industry in the world, it can also be hard to get into it or becoming successful since there's TONS of competition.

Why did he get so worked up over Laird selling his rights to Nick/Viacom, though? I disliked what Bay did to the Turtles but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Makes perfect sense. All the puzzle pieces fit.

Be careful. She'll sic Doom on you.
Hannah... I remember that username, but I don't recall ever talking to her.

Honestly, despite being a member since early 2009, I didn't start becoming a regular until Summer 2014 or so. Before that I'd make like 3-4 posts every 3-4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #43
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Who's Hannah?
Huh, I guess Hannah is before your time. She was cool at first but then she got super memey and obnoxious about women's social issues.

Before anyone jumps down my throat about women's issues, I know they are out there and need to be spoken about, but she took it to an annoying level.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #44
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Agreed. This place is a pigsty.

It's why I don't post that often anymore. People started taking my opinions/beliefs out of context, and often bullied/harassed me as a result. It honestly makes me increasingly depressed about myself. I start to doubt my own self-esteem.

It hurts me personally, honestly.
----------------------------------------------

I miss Hannah. She was a great forum member.
Youd never make it on Reddit or 4Chan.

Last Movie Watched: Godzilla (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: Legacy Wars (iOS).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #45
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
The TV section is the most active forum on this entire site. Its more active than any of the TMNT sections even.

Seems people like discussing movies and TV shows, who knew?
There's not a whole lot of fresh TMNT stuff to discuss, we've dissected both PD movies, the show have extremely long hiatuses.

there's toys and comics I guess.
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #46
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Yeah, but usually the threads for bigger movies end up in hate-filled circlejerks.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #47
Prowler
Foot Elite

It's funny. When I joined this place the TMNT seemed to be dead at the time. Then Viacom bought it and people were like "WOA!"

I remember there not being much activity here back in early-mid 2009. Not even in the off topic section. Per example, this thread of mine is already on the 3rd page despite having been created what? Less than an hour ago? If I made a thread back in 2009 I'd get like 2-3 replies in a day if I was lucky.

Quote:

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Old 08-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
It's funny. When I joined this place the TMNT seemed to be dead at the time. Then Viacom bought it and people were like "WOA!"

I remember there not being much activity here back in early-mid 2009. Not even in the off topic section. Per example, this thread of mine is already on the 3rd page despite having been created what? Less than an hour ago? If I made a thread back in 2009 I'd get like 2-3 replies in a day if I was lucky.
The 2k3 show ended in 2009, and the Mirage comics were pretty much ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:12 PM   #49
Snakeweed
Random Punk

Quote:
And nothing wrong with that.

Still, good to see you back

And you're prolly right. Drama seems to have increased tenfold in the last couple of years, especially during this year. It seems like EVERY thread turns into arguments now. And that is quite frankly discouraging.
Quote:
Recently people have been getting pretty passionate in the TV section about whether DC sucks at making movies or not
Quote:
The TV section is the most active forum on this entire site. Its more active than any of the TMNT sections even.

Well, I have meandered through those threads recently...it gets heated to say the least.

But while it's discouraging, I still think this place is good. Maybe it's a bad time, but I'm going to try and become more active after just lurking this past year...

Nature Always Wins
Snakeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #50
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Also, anything to do with Mew and Etsy makes people's blood boil
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #51
Prowler
Foot Elite

I still think this place is better than most other places on the internet. I've been on the internet since 2000 and have been reading and posting on forums more or less since then as well, and this place is pretty tame compared to many other places out there. Most internet forums seem to be full of trolls, idiots, SJWs, hardcore racists, ignorant people in general, rude people, etc.

Quote:

Old 08-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #52
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Youd never make it on Reddit or 4Chan.
...those aren't really great sites to "make it" on anyway...
Old 08-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #53
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
People should just ignore those two. They're just two immature kids crying for attention. Don't give any to them and they'll stop. Besides, aren't both banned now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I've read some threads on Reddit before and it seems to be fairly tame despite being a big circlejerk. Also, I feel people on Reddit try a bit too hard to be politically correct at times. Just the impression I've gotten from the few threads and sub-reddits I've read there.

Quote:

Old 08-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #54
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I'm aware of that, I was trying to say that this site is a lot tamer in comparison to other message boards/forums out there where the members don't really have a filter.

Last Movie Watched: Godzilla (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: Legacy Wars (iOS).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #55
Snakeweed
Random Punk

Quote:
I have definitely noticed that lol

Nature Always Wins
Snakeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #56
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger

For real though, what are we gonna do when Leo and the NSA shut this place down? What's the contingency plan?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #57
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

It's funny. I've been here longer than most of you but I've always been more of a reader than a poster(though this year I've tried to be more active.) I've had a very fly on the wall kind of perspective on the whole community since I don't really engage often enough to develop relationships or a presence.

That being said, both Penny and Leo had their fair share of ups and downs. Old Leo, I occasionally miss. The later "I'm the f**king DC authority around here" Leo can stay disappeared for all I care.

No disrespect to either of them, though.

-----
Sidenote: I do miss ValorXII from back in the day. I helped him out with his Newgrounds "Mutant Ninja Turtles" series.

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #58
Katie
The Anti-Girl

We'll just meet back up at the GD forums
Old 08-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #59
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
It's funny. I've been here longer than most of you but I've always been more of a reader than a poster(though this year I've tried to be more active.) I've had a very fly on the wall kind of perspective on the whole community since I don't really engage often enough to develop relationships or a presence.

That being said, both Penny and Leo had their fair share of ups and downs. Old Leo, I occasionally miss. The later "I'm the f**king DC authority around here" Leo can stay disappeared for all I care.

No disrespect to either of them, though.
I'm not into superhero stuff except for TMNT, so I have no idea what he used to say about DC.

Leo has had some issues in his personal life. Not sure what exactly and I'm also not gonna reveal what I know either. But either way, he has been quite open about his personal life at times on these forums, so if you've ever come across a post or two of his where he vents about his life, it's quite obvious to see why stress got the best of him and why this place having become more toxic lately ended up turning him off.

Quote:

Old 08-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also you guys aren't taking peoples ages into account. 10 years ago we were all well...10 years younger. Obviously we had more free time and less responsibilities in our younger years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a day inside may, appliancesneedlove2, cubed and tothenines, cubed will never leave, cybercubed triggered, fat hookers, jephaelthebimbo, stop it with the tags.