The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
27 and job hunting.
Same. I spent three months in a warehouse work placement, while unemployed. Didn't get a huge amount of job searching done during those three months, since it was kinda tiring.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #22
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
2007 was'nt the best of years. Marvel published One More Day.

Tell me about it. For me that was the year Spidey "died". My comic buying days basically ended that year for the most part.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #23
Dork of 1987
Random Punk

My mom passed away in 2007 too. Not sure what I want to do for the anniversary, or anything at all.
Dork of 1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #24
Powder
Endless Screw

I was having a great time. I knew I'd be moving in April of the following year, so I did my best to have fun. Being 16/17, that involved trying out as many substances/females as fate would allow. I had a small but strong group of best friends with whom I spent every night, well into the late hours, & I knew freedom. Lost weight from all the walking I was up to, looked good, felt good. I was wildly reckless & care free, for the first time in my life taking a boat-load of risks & chasing adrenaline highs. Started working on music that I still do to this day & have gotten amazing opportunities through (like collaborating with/befriending some of my favorite rappers/producers, traveling the east coast, making $ here & there, etc). I was in night-school & actually enjoyed learning for once. Lots of fun times & memories. 06/07 are the years I recall most fondly, that mid-teenage period is a special one.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

10 years ago I had just turned 21. My god, where does the time go?

What I would give to be back in my early 20's again. I mean you still feel like a teenager back then, but you have the illusion you're an adult now but you can still live young and carefree. Plus in your early 20's your life isn't really set yet, you have no idea what career you'll have or what girl you'll end up with...and you're bright-eyed and have hopes and dreams for the future.

...Then 10 years later you wonder...what the hell did I do over the last decade?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #26
DarkFell
Mad Scientist

Let's see... 2007.

I worked a bookstore job for a while, then, I went to work for an art museum.
(Unfortunately, I was laid off from that job in 2008 when the museum laid off everyone else and locked its doors to the public for an interior remodeling job / installation of a bigger gallery that would house the temporary art exhibitions, without re-locating the permanent collection elsewhere.)

I probably updated my DA stuff way more then than I do now.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

The fact that 2007 is now "10 years ago" is already mind blowing in itself. I honestly feel like 2005 was only yesterday.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #28
DarkFell
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
Old 02-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #29
MrPliggins
Mad Scientist

I was 28, in a toxic relationship with a live-in gf who was 20, at my last job for a year and commuting an hour and a half one way to work. I don't miss those days. Nothing really special happened that year.. well, I did get a Wii. Apparently OMD happened that year so I also stopped reading Spider-man comics.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #30
precision
Thug

I remember a lot of world of warcraft that year. In 2006 my last grandparent died and in 2008 I got my driver's license. Its weird because in the next ten years I don't expect my father to be alive and my mother will be close to 80 by then.
precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I was still in the process of getting my Bachelor's degree in 2007.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In 2007? I joined this board posting about how horrible TMNT 2007 was, and everyone was all, "Noooo! It's the best movie ever made! Blasphemy! You hate everything!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #33
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In 2007? I joined this board posting about how horrible TMNT 2007 was, and everyone was all, "Noooo! It's the best movie ever made! Blasphemy! You hate everything!"
Lmao, dude I ****ing hated you when I first signed on here.

Then a few years after that, I realized you were right. Makes me laugh at all the young kids from the PD section... they'll have their awakening someday too.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

Then a few years after that, I realized you were right.
What's impressive is that 90% of the people here, conversely, when PD TMNT 2014 came out, they realized right away it was going to be sh*t, saw it and recognized it as sh*t, and had no problem treating it as the sh*t it was.

As for the rest...

Quote:
Makes me laugh at all the young kids from the PD section... they'll have their awakening someday too.
Doubtful. They're a special kind of flora and fauna...

Old 02-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I knew TMNT 2014 would be crap the moment I saw those hideous noses/nostrils and the huge Hulk-like designs for the Turtles.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #36
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

Then a few years after that, I realized you were right. Makes me laugh at all the young kids from the PD section... they'll have their awakening someday too.
The really sad thing about the 2007 film is the designs of the Turtles themselves were actually really good and it was ashame to see them wasted on such a crappy plot. Even the Leo/Raph rivalry itself was a stupid idea, simply because it's been DONE TO DEATH!!!

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #37
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The really sad thing about the 2007 film is the designs of the Turtles themselves were actually really good and it was ashame to see them wasted on such a crappy plot. Even the Leo/Raph rivalry itself was a stupid idea, simply because it's been DONE TO DEATH!!!
I wish GreenWillow would read this and rip you a new one.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #38
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior

Wow. 10 years ago? That's crazy to think back to such a crazy time in my life.

Well, I was a freshman in college finishing up my second semester. At the beginning of the year I was dating a girl who I knew I had hit a relationship peak with the previous summer but for whatever reason...we kept dating and we took a couple classes together. I was in a band with some friends from high school, but I was the only one going to college regularly of those guys and I just wasn't feeling the friendship connection there as much anymore...so I eventually left the band in the spring of 2007 and haven't played a show with another band since. =/ Jammed with people, but nothing ever came of it.

That girl and I eventually had a really bad break up during the beginning of the summer of 2007 and I was kind of losing my mind at that point. I think it had just been so long since I didn't have anyone in my life relationship wise that it kinda ate me up and I was overtly emotional more than I should have been. I was taking sleeping pills regularly and this is the year I sort of became dependent on them to sleep. My family was healthy and my friends were good...but I was just kind of upset over the break up of a relationship I knew had reached it's end...then I met another girl and everything changed. It was 100X better than anything I had had previously and she was perfect for me at the time. For as rough as those few months were in the summer, late August through the rest of the year was awesome.

Well, the first semester of my second college year had some rough classes that I should've been paying more attention to....but it school wasn't so bad overall. I became obsessed with the Flaming Lips that year and I saw a lot of great bands too. Oh yeah and my family and I went to Universal Studios Orlando Florida...which has been sadly the last time we all went there as a family. =/

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since that first Transformers movie where everyone thought it was "well, the second one should be better...right?" I also remember going nuts at all the rumors and speculation for The Dark Knight since it was coming out in 2008.

All in all, I LOVED 2007. I still remember it fondly.

27 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The really sad thing about the 2007 film is the designs of the Turtles themselves were actually really good and it was ashame to see them wasted on such a crappy plot.
Compared to PD maybe the designs were OK... but they were pretty frog and plushy-like to my eyes. And we won't get started on the humans.

Quote:
Even the Leo/Raph rivalry itself was a stupid idea, simply because it's been DONE TO DEATH!!!
In the films? Not really. Some shades of it in the first film but it wasn't like it was entirely resolved.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #40
ABrown
Mad Scientist

Let's see, 2007:

-I turned 26 years old that year
-It was the first full year that I wasn't living with my parents
-I got engaged that year
-I got my bachelor's degree that year (too bad it never got me a better job)
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote