The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised what I'm reading here. Men with bald spots are also known to have less chance of getting a date or attracting women than men with either a full head of hair or a shaved head completely.

Balding men have it rough.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #22
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised what I'm reading here. Men with bald spots are also known to have less chance of getting a date or attracting women than men with either a full head of hair or a shaved head completely.

Well that I can believe. Especially if they're going bald quite young. But I've heard that lots of women love men with shaved heads. Although you'd need to be quite burly to pull that look off, I'd say. If I was stronger/burlier I'd totally shave my head and try to pull a Stone Cold Steve Austin sort of look!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Balding men are generally called, "Lame ducks" by the community. This is all around various community circles and I'm surprised people here are acting like they're hearing this for the first time.

Since when were people with a bald nugget in the back of their head considered, "well groomed people?" Everytime I see someone turn around with a bald spot it just looks weird.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #24
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Balding men are generally called, "Lame ducks" by the community. This is all around various community circles and I'm surprised people here are acting like they're hearing this for the first time.

Since when were people with a bald nugget in the back of their head considered, "well groomed people?" Everytime I see someone turn around with a bald spot it just looks weird.
having a moon in your hair is different from having a shaved head, though.

Tons of men eventually go bald. No idea about stats, but I'd bet half or over half of men experience receding hairline sooner or late.r hence why men who are in their 50s-60s and still have all of their hair are considered fortunate.

I'm sure women are more understanding of balding genes than you think.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #25
ssjup81
Foot Elite

*still waiting for an answer*
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #26
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

If I ever start going noticeably bald I'm shaving it immediately. But I'm still mid 30s and it grows longer than I even want it to so I guess I'm good for now.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Out of curiosit, is this the case for where you work? Do you know of anyone who has gone through that? Do you have any bald or balding coworkers?
Many balding men are looked down upon as lacking confidence or being well groomed. Especially if you're still in your 30's unlike 50-60 year old balding men.

I'm pretty sure there's been studies on this. Like at some German university at something. The Germans discovered it. Its been scientifically proven. You can probably find something with a quick google search.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #28
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah, but why would we need to search when you've clearly already done it.
Just provide us with links to your research.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

According to this balding men are more likely to get fatal prostate cancer when they get older:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/healt...study-reveals/

Crap, I might be screwed. :/
Old 03-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #30
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Many balding men are looked down upon as lacking confidence or being well groomed. Especially if you're still in your 30's unlike 50-60 year old balding men.

I'm pretty sure there's been studies on this. Like at some German university at something. The Germans discovered it. Its been scientifically proven. You can probably find something with a quick google search.
You still didn't answer my specific questions.
Quote:
According to this balding men are more likely to get fatal prostate cancer when they get older:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/healt...study-reveals/

Crap, I might be screwed. :/
Then get your prostate checked to hopefully prevent it.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, I've heard people turned down in job interviews or passed over because of their balding heads or disheveled appearance.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #32
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:

Who's doing this cutting edge dating research exactly? Men's Health or Cosmo?

If I had to guess at why, I would say that maybe we associate partial baldness with old age, and maybe looking like an old man hurts your dating prospects. Shaving it all off could pass as a style, or perhaps it doesn't make you look as old. I'm just speculating though in the absence of any hard dating data.

On the other hand, it could be marketeers trying to prey on people's insecurities in order to sell hair plugs or something.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:35 PM   #33
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yes, I've heard people turned down in job interviews or passed over because of their balding heads or disheveled appearance.
At your job?
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #34
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

If you are going bald, best to shave it all off.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mine isn't looking great. There are affordable products out there right now to fill in your bald spot.

I've never been scared to shave my head. I have, many times. For years. Right now sort of riding till the wheels come off. Probably 5 more good years until the Fusion Pro again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #36
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Ok I can see a bald spot perhaps turning off some women. I don't believe it hurts you getting a job, regardless of "studies". If someone doesn't hire you over balding they're just being a jerk.

I myself am balding on the top of my head. In my 30s so I guess it's kinda young to start loosing hair but whatever doesn't really bother me. I don't think it's that big a deal.

I'll just sport the 'Dr. Phil'.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:33 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Ok I can see a bald spot perhaps turning off some women.
Most/all. I think on a genetic level, I tend to believe it's the male body delivering the message to the opposite sex that, "Don't mate with me. There is either something wrong with me, or I've had enough kids or possibly whacked off a whole lot and my body thinks I've had oodles. Or both."

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-06-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:35 AM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised so many people here don't know that. Balding men don't do well in the dating scene, and you should just shave your head completely at that point.

Unfortunately if I start really balding I don't have many options, I don't think I'd look good with a shaved head. I'm just a white guy and I'm not tall enough to pull off the bald head look. Only tall white guys can have shaved heads.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:44 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You have to think to the animal kingdom, or the insect. The insect/lion/whatever with the brightest colors, the strongest mane... those are the ones that attract the mate. That's why that's a thing.

We may have reached a point as a society where some females have sociologically evolved to overlook that, but it's there, even if subconscious. And when I had a shaved head and was on the dating scene the few times I was with a bald head, I'd hear -- often -- the same thing from a lot of women: "I really wish you'd grow your hair out. I love to run my fingers through my man's hair during sex, or even making out." Alas, no bueno.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:47 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, unless you're black or hispanic, its hard to pull off the shaved head look. Bruce Willis was able to do it, but even then I liked him more with hair.

Tags
cubedeyeforthestraightguy, cybercubedthealpha