The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #41
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Laird
I have to say that whenever anyone does something like this, spending a whole lot of their time and effort for no recompense, I feel flattered that they care so much about something that I co-created over twenty-five year ago. It's a nice feeling.

The voices are very good and seem to fit the characters well.

Calling this a "motion comic" is being, I think, a bit over-generous. The only "motion" is the stately floating of captions and dialogue balloons over panels which sometimes zoom in or out. That's... well, it's kind of boring, especially because everything seems to move at the EXACT SAME SPEED. I wasn't expecting full-blown animation, but it would have been nice to see some other kind of motion -- for example, in the panel where Splinter is beginning to tell the origin story, in a side view of him sitting cross-legged, it might have been cool to make his head move slightly in a nodding fashion, and maybe his finger as well. Obviously, that would take a lot more time and effort, but if done cleverly, it could be worth it.

The use of sound effects throughout would, I think, be a good thing. It seems to me, though, that the only ones so far come in the flashback scene where the truck carrying the canister of ooze almost hits the blind man. Why is that?

There are some places where the borders of balloons are clipped in spots, obviously where they had to be "liberated" from the panels so they could move around. But it occurs to me that it shouldn't take a great deal of effort to fill in those clipped areas -- and i think it would look a lot better.

But the oddest and most disconcerting thing -- at least to me -- is the seemingly random changes made to the text. Here and there words and sometimes phrases are dropped out, and some are changed. Why? What's the point... especially when the text is floating by with different words than what is being spoken?

I do appreciate the work that went into this, and I commend those who participated.

-- Peter
Here ya go!

-ms
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #42
Donnie
Something from the Past

Based on PL's thoughts, will we be adding/editing anything?

I know it's a pain to deal with re-uploading, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to at least fix the broken text bubbles. There was also a part I noticed that was confusing during the Saki/Businessmen scene. One of the bubbles points to a character who isn't saying the line.

If you don't want to, MS, it's understandable. Just curious if we were going to capitalize on any of PL's critiques.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #43
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Based on PL's thoughts, will we be adding/editing anything?

I know it's a pain to deal with re-uploading, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to at least fix the broken text bubbles. There was also a part I noticed that was confusing during the Saki/Businessmen scene. One of the bubbles points to a character who isn't saying the line.

If you don't want to, MS, it's understandable. Just curious if we were going to capitalize on any of PL's critiques.
I wasn't planning on it but if there is enough interest from the group I will. I think this project has ran its course and we should move on to the next, possibly the radio theater. But like I said if the group here wants me to work on this some more I will.

-ms
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #44
Raph
Mad Scientist

I think I missed something. Radio theater?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I think I missed something. Radio theater?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39098

-ms
Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #46
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I wasn't planning on it but if there is enough interest from the group I will. I think this project has ran its course and we should move on to the next, possibly the radio theater. But like I said if the group here wants me to work on this some more I will.

-ms
Hey guys! Long time no see! Sorry for disappearing from time to time ( I was actually out of the country for a bit). I show the final project and I am totally proud! We had ups and downs, but we got it done!

Ouch on PL's review, but he is entitled to his opinon and we are all adults here. It was a first go and, for a project this size conducted over the internet, I thought it was great.

I think Splinter is right. We spent a lot of time on this project and I think I may be time to move on to something new. If folks really want re-edits, I am welling to help out as much as I can.

I think I may waltz over to the radio show thread and see what that is about.

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #47
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

The long awaited download is now available in the first post. The download includes the soundtrack as well as an .mp4 of the video. I actually made 6 of the songs on the soundtrack and Donnie's buddy made another track.

Hope everyone enjoys!

-ms
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #48
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

HOOORRRRAAAAY.
I have been waiting for this for quite some time. Glad to finally see the fruits of our collective labor.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
The long awaited download is now available in the first post. The download includes the soundtrack as well as an .mp4 of the video. I actually made 6 of the songs on the soundtrack and Donnie's buddy made another track.

Hope everyone enjoys!

-ms
Awesome man. I downloaded. Cheers to all of us involved! I just re-watched, and you can tell the dedication that went into the project, it's solid albeit we know it could be improved. Yet it still holds up, at least for me.

Congrats all! Enjoy the soundtrack, too. MS is one narrrsty beats-magician and my friend Jimmy Jenkins's orchestral TMNT piece at the closing credits is, in my opinion, phenomenal. All of the music really captures the "feel" of issue #1 well.

EDIT: I'm having trouble with the DL file. My comp is having decompression issues...

Last edited by Donnie; 01-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #50
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I'm having trouble with the DL file. My comp is having decompression issues...
Let me know if you get it going or not.

-ms
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #51
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Let me know if you get it going or not.

-ms
Alas, still having problems. I don't know why.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #52
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri View Post

Ouch on PL's review, but he is entitled to his opinon and we are all adults here. It was a first go and, for a project this size conducted over the internet, I thought it was great.
He wasn't that harsh. That critique was mild. And he had valid points. I personally thought it was great but the splinter part with the origin drags. Sound effects and more "motion" would have been great but as a first time project for many of us i think it was pretty good.
As for my fave voices I liked Jester's Leo and OldManShredder. As for my last line as Mikey I think it was cut off or something, it sounded kinda weird.
Aside from that I loved it.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #53
TMNTShoujo
Mouser

Thumbs up

This is cool!

"Please, really don't blame Mikey." ~ TMNTShoujo
TMNTShoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 AM   #54
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Anybody down for #2?

So does anybody want to do the second issue? I'd be down to reprise my role as Mikey again.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 AM   #55
Ninjinister
無問題

I'd be interested.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #56
Donnie
Something from the Past

Hey guys, I'm not sure if everyone involved in this is still active or around or available, etc. but this project was a lot of fun, and I just checked YouTube -- it has over 100,000 views and tons and tons of praise in the many comments. I had no idea it has gotten so much traffic. It's good to see that people enjoy what we did here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
So does anybody want to do the second issue? I'd be down to reprise my role as Mikey again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'd be interested.
I'd certainly reprise my role as Donatello for issue #2.

What I remember being our road block for #2 was finding somebody to digitally cut-up the comics, speech bubbles, boxes, panels, etc. for use in the video.