The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 10:48 PM   #261
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Love love love how Donald Duck is going to be apart of the main cast, seeing him in the opening makes me squee with happiness

I hope Launchpad and Donald Duck interact a lot

Speaking of which, Launchpad clip was perfect.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:05 AM   #262
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The duck maid is kinda intimidating lol.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #263
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #264
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Mrs. Beakley looks like she has been working out. I bet she could whoop Launchpad now.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:00 AM   #265
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Teen Titans Go! had a Ducktales scene!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #266
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Old 07-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #267
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

If this is how they write Huey, not a fan if it. I think these guys forgot what his character was like in the original.

Now I didn't read the comics but in the shows like the original and Quack Pack he was always the fearless one, reading the interviews it sounds like he's the smart one while in Quack Pack they'd trade off traits but still. Like that cat episode where they showed he had a fear of cats he faced lions and tigers like nothing but had a big fear of house cats for certain reasons.

If this is what I have in store for his character this makes me sad as he was always one of my favorites

Still we have Donald who I am looking forward to seeing being a regular and a mix of his comic version and Disney's butt monkey version am still looking forward to it.

Glad it sounds like Daisy will be in it
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #268
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I didn't even realize the triplets have different personalities so I guess I'm gonna be fine. Can't wait for the full show.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #269
Guile
Banned

It looks fun.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #270
ELTRUTREWOP
Banned

Are you sure about that
ELTRUTREWOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #271
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't like Army Brat Mrs.Beakly...and i'm not so sure I like Crazed Webby either.

they turned two sweet characters (some on youtube are calling 'token girls', ugh) into seeming nuts. at least Beakley's personality seems intact..with a slight more forcefulness to it. webby just seems insane.

they really need to change the kids voices.

and how come alan young sounds more Scottish than a real Scotsman? I only hear bits and peices of it at times.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #272
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

and how come alan young sounds more Scottish than a real Scotsman? I only hear bits and peices of it at times.
You realize Alan Young died last year, right?

Scrooge is now voiced by David Tennant of Dr. Who fame as the Tenth Doctor; he also appeared in Harry Potter and is the 2012 voice of Fugitoid.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #273
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Sounds like Darkwing Duck will be in the show. From the D23 panel:

Quote:
1. BETTER WATCH OUT BECAUSE DARKWING DUCK JUST MIGHT MAKE AN APPEARANCE.

When one fan asked if the new show would ever bring back any other classic Disney Afternoon characters like Darkwing Duck, Angones provided this appropriately shadowy response: “Are you referring to the terror that flaps in the night? [pause] I have never heard of this character. Next question.” Suffice to say, things could get dangerous pretty soon on DuckTales.

2. DUCKWORTH HAS ALREADY BEEN SHOWN AND NO ONE HAS NOTICED.

Apparently, one mystery has yet to be solved! After being asked where Duckworth is in the opening credits – and if he would even return in the series – Youngberg said, “We have already premiered Duckworth and nobody’s found him.” Schwartz had this to add: “There are some real tasty treats in that opening sequence. I’d recommend watching multiple times.” Consider it done.

3. DONALD DUCK PLAYS A MUCH LARGER ROLE IN THIS NEW SERIES.

Having joined the U.S. Navy, Donald was mostly absent in the original series. This time though, the writers wanted to not only emphasize his relationship with Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but also with Scrooge. Said Angones, “It goes back to the theme of family and exploring the rich legacy of this iconic family. That’s where the heart and fun ultimately lie.”

4. HOWARD THE DUCK WILL NOT BE POPPING UP ANYTIME SOON.

Despite sharing the same winged anatomy as DuckTales, this quirky Marvel comics character won’t be crossing over into the tales of derring-do. When asked about the likelihood, Youngberg chuckled and responded, “Unfortunately no. But I encourage you all to start a very robust letter writing campaign.”

5. ORIGINAL DUCKTALES EPISODES WILL RETURN!

Obviously, the new DuckTales is very much inspired by the original. But just how literal has that inspiration been? “The team actually re-created episodes from original series and brought them to life in this new form. One of my personal favorites, ‘Double-O Duck,’ laid the groundwork for a new episode.’” Nostalgic and new? This series can’t come soon enough!
https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/07...l-at-d23-expo/
Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #274
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
I don't like Army Brat Mrs.Beakly...and i'm not so sure I like Crazed Webby either.

they turned two sweet characters (some on youtube are calling 'token girls', ugh) into seeming nuts. at least Beakley's personality seems intact..with a slight more forcefulness to it. webby just seems insane.

they really need to change the kids voices.

Because Alan Young was affecting a Scottish Accent, and was not actually Scottish. Basically, you're upset because real people don't live up to a stereotype you prefer.

Which...is kind of the same problem you have with Webby and Mrs Beakley.
Who were token female characters.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #275
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Darkwing Duck is now confirmed to appear.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/darkwing...tainmentweekly
Old 07-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #276
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Darkwing Duck is now confirmed to appear.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/darkwing...tainmentweekly
I hope its Jim Cummings doing his voice.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #277
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Same here. Jim was hinting at voicing DW again a few months ago so hopefully it happens. Someone snapped a pic of DW and the Ratcatcher.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #278
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Jim Cummings is doing the voice. Apparently it was mentioned that Darkwing was going to be in the DuckTales reboot last year at a panel but the news never spread. The original voice of Quackerjack is returning as well. Not sure about the other villains yet. Cut to 36:31 of the panel.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #279
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
If this is how they write Huey, not a fan if it. I think these guys forgot what his character was like in the original.
He had a character? I always saw all 3 as completely interchangeable and not much of a personality other than 'mischievous boys into boy stuff because... boys'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #280
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Jim Cummings is doing the voice. Apparently it was mentioned that Darkwing was going to be in the DuckTales reboot last year at a panel but the news never spread. The original voice of Quackerjack is returning as well. Not sure about the other villains yet. Cut to 36:31 of the panel.

awesome news glad Jim is still gonna be darkwing.

Tags
woo-hoo!