The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #15921
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

New Jerseeeeeey.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #15922
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
New Jerseeeeeey.
Sorry,but I had to post this in response.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...n/n12728?snl=1
Old 03-17-2018, 03:51 AM   #15923
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Legit screen shot from the Jon Bravo documentary

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #15924
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I looked it up after seeing your post and its all bark and no bite. The Big Dog and every other wrestler is in the clear of this attention craving jailbird.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cag...ve-austin-none
Old 03-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #15925
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Meltzer is saying Sasha vs Bayley has been pulled from Wrestlemania

https://dirtysheets.net/2018/03/17/p...-wrestlemania/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #15926
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Meltzer is saying Sasha vs Bayley has been pulled from Wrestlemania

https://dirtysheets.net/2018/03/17/p...-wrestlemania/
Something was going to have to be. The card's already so full two or three matches are going to have to be on the pre-show.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #15927
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Bunch of news this morning it seems

The Latest Update on Bayley Turning Heel
https://411mania.com/wrestling/lates...-turning-heel/

WWE Was Never Considering a CM Punk vs. Steve Austin Match
https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-n...-austin-match/

Daniel Bryan Reportedly Turned Down a WrestleMania 34 Match
https://411mania.com/wrestling/danie...ania-34-match/

New Speculation on When Bobby Lashley Will Return to WWE
https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-s...return-to-wwe/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #15928
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Daniel Bryan has officially been cleared to wrestle
https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/...e-announcement

Old 03-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #15929
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Daniel Bryan has officially been cleared to wrestle
https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/...e-announcement
F***. YES.

I am legitimately excited, you don't even understand. Daniel Bryan is top five favorite wrestlers for me. Just, no more headbutts from the top, please.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #15930
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #15931
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Daniel Bryan: "I come back to you now, at the turning of the tides! And with me I bring all the matches you need to see! One match to rule them, one match to find them! One match to bring them all and in the ring bind them! In WWE where my opponents lie!"
Old 03-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #15932
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just happened to catch the opening of Smackdown and just like Cena calling out Undertaker and Kane slamming him with no development it just seemed like a tease. Bryan did not clarify,did he mean full-time and add himself to the Smackdown roster?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #15933
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Since it looks like we're headed for D-Bry at 'Mania, I have to say there's something cool about the fact that Daniel Bryan is very, very likely having his first comeback match not just at the event, but the very same building he had his career high.

Here's hoping for another Shawn Michaels, where we get a whole second career without major incident or injury, and we get all the matches we want to see, with AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Hideo Itami and all the new blood that's filtered in. That and paying off everything with Miz. One of the biggest shames has been the fact that it seemed like we wouldn't get any payoff there, but now that problem is solved.

Speaking of 'Mania, if the US title match isn't pre-show bound, I'll be shocked. The current feud and its build aren't exactly lighting any worlds on fire. That, the 'Dre and probably one of the other title matches. Possibly the Cruiserweight title match or the Smackdown tag titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I just happened to catch the opening of Smackdown and just like Cena calling out Undertaker and Kane slamming him with no development it just seemed like a tease. Bryan did not clarify,did he mean full-time and add himself to the Smackdown roster?
Apparently he's cleared for as much as he wants and as much as WWE wants to use him.

But they haven't actually clarified whether he's immediately full time yet. Probably not immediately, as they still have to wind down his general manager role and transition him back to full time. I guess we'll know after 'Mania. Still, it's clear we won't have to wait long. The closing segment furthered the angle with Owens and Zayn, seeing them attack Bryan and Bryan fight back with some of his classic moves. Coupled with the opening segment, where he blatantly asked the crowd if a Wrestlemania return sounded like a good idea, it seems clear we're either looking at a triple threat or a tag match, depending on if Shane is involved. Probably tag, to ease him back in on his first match in two years. As much as I'm kind of tired of Shane, I can deal in this capacity, especially if he is actually going away for a bit afterwards.

Last edited by dl316bh; 03-21-2018 at 12:49 AM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #15934
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Personally, I think they should've kept the Daniel Bryan news under wraps. Imagine how crazy the crowd would go if Daniel Bryan, unannounced, showed up for a match at Wrestlemania? I guess this is the, "I wish things were like they were 20 years ago before all this social media" me is talking again...

Oh, speaking of other wrestling stuff...loved the Deletion match between Bray and Matt and loved Brother Nero's cameo. This match was loads better than Bray's haunted house craziness match with Randy Orton last year...
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #15935
The Deadman
Foot Elite

WWE to Air The Greatest Royal Rumble on The WWE Network
https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-a...e-wwe-network/

Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #15936
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Personally, I think they should've kept the Daniel Bryan news under wraps. Imagine how crazy the crowd would go if Daniel Bryan, unannounced, showed up for a match at Wrestlemania? I guess this is the, "I wish things were like they were 20 years ago before all this social media" me is talking again...
I don't think they'd have done that even twenty years ago. Partly because you can't really build to that and have any kind of meaningful match, partly because they'd want to promote something as huge as a major, thought-to-be-retired Superstars return to the ring for PPV buys, back when they mattered. Surprise returns are usually saved for the Rumble for a lot of reasons, partly being the Rumble sells itself, surprise entrants are part of what everyone loves about it already, they're expected and they can then use the guy to build to 'Mania, if they're not a one off. Plus, "dirt sheets" existed even back then. In this case, Daniel Bryan's on the show every week anyway, so word would have leaked somehow.

Quote:
Oh, speaking of other wrestling stuff...loved the Deletion match between Bray and Matt and loved Brother Nero's cameo. This match was loads better than Bray's haunted house craziness match with Randy Orton last year...
Ultimate Deletion was fun. I'm a little shocked Vince McMahon actually let them go ahead with that. But here we are. The question's where it goes from here. Looks like Bray's disappearing for a while. We probably won't know until after 'Mania, since Matt doesn't have another program and is probably going to be in the 'Dre.

The goofy stuff they did last year just reminds me of how much they completely dropped the ball on Bray. For years he'd kind of been a joke who couldn't win anything but on rare occasions, but they revitalized him well with the initial Orton angle, he won the WWE championship in a damn fun chamber match where he pinned Cena and Styles clean, then he pins Cena clean with no BS. Almost immediately, it all goes to hell. Bug projections, one of the worst Wrestlemania title matches in years, the House of Horrors, then onward to fifty fifty booking with his subsequent feuds that helps kill any other chance he had. They screwed the character over hard. It's a little upsetting. the Wyatt Family should have been huge, but they never went anywhere and Wyatt's collapsed entirely since it finally broke entirely.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #15937
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
That, the 'Dre and probably one of the other title matches. Possibly the Cruiserweight title match or the Smackdown tag titles.
I'd argue that due to a new champion being crowned between
Spoiler:
Alexander and Ali
that putting it on the pre-show this time would be stupid. If 205 Live is getting this new reboot through Triple H taking creative control, I think it's better suited as an early match, an opener or third match would suffice.

Personally, the Raw Women's Title looks more pre-show related. Nia is still green and Alexa, despite being a Vince favorite, just doesn't scream "main card" at all despite the story. Especially considering that there is no way the Women's Battle Royal is going on before the main card nor Charlotte and Asuka. Although, given the controversy with Moolah and the name change, putting both Battle Royals on the pre-show would be a good idea.

If I had to take a guess on the order, it'd be this:

Pre-show

1. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
2. Orton vs Mahal vs Roode/Alexander vs Ali (depends on perspective)
3. Alexa vs Nia

Main Show

1. The Usos vs New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers (The Usos have earned a main card position this year. Add on New Day's popularity and newfound momentum in Harper and Rowan and this is an awesome opener)
2. Whichever title match between the US and Cruiserweight championship not on the pre-show
3. The Miz vs Rollins vs Balor
4. The Bar vs Braun and his partner (I'm thinking it's Elias here... though I'd get a kick out of Curt Hawkins being beaten up backstage and used here.)
5. The Women's Battle Royal
6. Daniel Bryan and Shane vs Kami
7. Charlotte vs Asuka
8. Ronda and Angle vs Triple H and Stephanie
9. Styles vs Nakamura
10. Cena vs Undertaker
11. Reigns vs Lesnar (this match, along with Cena vs Taker, could be switched about depending on if this is the end of Undertaker now.)

Other than showcasing NXT, I don't see anymore matches getting added, especially if Sasha and Bayley are now in the Battle Royal in the incoming weeks.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #15938
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I'd argue that due to a new champion being crowned between
Spoiler:
Alexander and Ali
that putting it on the pre-show this time would be stupid. If 205 Live is getting this new reboot through Triple H taking creative control, I think it's better suited as an early match, an opener or third match would suffice.

Personally, the Raw Women's Title looks more pre-show related. Nia is still green and Alexa, despite being a Vince favorite, just doesn't scream "main card" at all despite the story. Especially considering that there is no way the Women's Battle Royal is going on before the main card nor Charlotte and Asuka. Although, given the controversy with Moolah and the name change, putting both Battle Royals on the pre-show would be a good idea.

If I had to take a guess on the order, it'd be this:

Pre-show

1. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
2. Orton vs Mahal vs Roode/Alexander vs Ali (depends on perspective)
3. Alexa vs Nia

Main Show

1. The Usos vs New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers (The Usos have earned a main card position this year. Add on New Day's popularity and newfound momentum in Harper and Rowan and this is an awesome opener)
2. Whichever title match between the US and Cruiserweight championship not on the pre-show
3. The Miz vs Rollins vs Balor
4. The Bar vs Braun and his partner (I'm thinking it's Elias here... though I'd get a kick out of Curt Hawkins being beaten up backstage and used here.)
5. The Women's Battle Royal
6. Daniel Bryan and Shane vs Kami
7. Charlotte vs Asuka
8. Ronda and Angle vs Triple H and Stephanie
9. Styles vs Nakamura
10. Cena vs Undertaker
11. Reigns vs Lesnar (this match, along with Cena vs Taker, could be switched about depending on if this is the end of Undertaker now.)

Other than showcasing NXT, I don't see anymore matches getting added, especially if Sasha and Bayley are now in the Battle Royal in the incoming weeks.
I agree a hundred percent, but I'm looking at it from how WWE generally seems to see it as far as importance. It made the pre-show last year, after all, despite Neville vs Aries being a cruiserweight match people actually wanted to see. I personally wouldn't do it, but you can't rule it out with them. Especially since the Cruiserweights have been completely absent on Raw anyway, so they could easily figure the people who want to see the finals could just catch the pre-show and save the slot for another main show match.

You might be right about the Raw womens title, but I'm not super convinced. I think they'd sooner leave out a tag title before dropping one of the womens belts to the pre-show. But to be honest, it might not matter, because Jax vs Bliss could easily be a five minute squash for Jax, judging how the story is going. That'd be easy to slot in. But you could be right. Either way, I think the candidates are pretty much the Raw Womens, Cruiserweight or Smackdown tag titles. Either way, something's hitting the pre-show.

This brings up another interesting question, actually. What gets what timeframe? The Undertaker match is definitely getting the usual; hopefully they'll know enough to pull it back from a half hour and get out in fifteen to twenty, because 'Taker can't do thirty minute epics anymore. Styles vs Nak is almost assuredly getting twenty. Charlotte and Asuka are probably getting ten to fifteen. Reigns and Lesnar get at least ten to fifteen (though, if I were them, I'd do the Goldberg style from last year where you go hard for five minutes, then start bringing it home, because people aren't going to cheer Reigns anyway so you may as well treat it like a bandaid). From there it's a lot fuzzier.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #15939
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I don't think they'd have done that even twenty years ago. Partly because you can't really build to that and have any kind of meaningful match, partly because they'd want to promote something as huge as a major, thought-to-be-retired Superstars return to the ring for PPV buys, back when they mattered. Surprise returns are usually saved for the Rumble for a lot of reasons, partly being the Rumble sells itself, surprise entrants are part of what everyone loves about it already, they're expected and they can then use the guy to build to 'Mania, if they're not a one off. Plus, "dirt sheets" existed even back then. In this case, Daniel Bryan's on the show every week anyway, so word would have leaked somehow.
What I meant by the statement was more so a general thing. It was easier to keep things quiet back then since we didn't have stuff getting leaked online and those who did have Internet was way fewer than what we have now. For instance, my family didn't fully start using Internet in the home until about 1999, and even then, I still didn't really use it given that I didn't fully get what the big deal with it was. So yeah, a surprise appearance by Daniel Bryan would've been great, but yeah...it would've been best for the Royal Rumble. I only brought up Wrestlemania because the Rumble is over.
Quote:
Ultimate Deletion was fun. I'm a little shocked Vince McMahon actually let them go ahead with that. But here we are. The question's where it goes from here. Looks like Bray's disappearing for a while. We probably won't know until after 'Mania, since Matt doesn't have another program and is probably going to be in the 'Dre.

The goofy stuff they did last year just reminds me of how much they completely dropped the ball on Bray. For years he'd kind of been a joke who couldn't win anything but on rare occasions, but they revitalized him well with the initial Orton angle, he won the WWE championship in a damn fun chamber match where he pinned Cena and Styles clean, then he pins Cena clean with no BS. Almost immediately, it all goes to hell. Bug projections, one of the worst Wrestlemania title matches in years, the House of Horrors, then onward to fifty fifty booking with his subsequent feuds that helps kill any other chance he had. They screwed the character over hard. It's a little upsetting. the Wyatt Family should have been huge, but they never went anywhere and Wyatt's collapsed entirely since it finally broke entirely.
Oh, I agree with what you said about his feud with Orton there. I like Bray and his creepiness factor. I was getting sick of seeing him lose, though after a while.

Well, at least this was still fun to watch. I wonder what they'll do with Bray since he fell into the lake of resurrection or whatever it was.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #15940
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Compiled a list of the wrestling promotions that popped up on Twitch, if anyone hasnt followed them yet

IMPACT Wrestling
https://www.twitch.tv/impactwrestling

House of Hardcore
https://www.twitch.tv/houseofhardcore

AAWPro
https://www.twitch.tv/aawpro

WrestleCircus
https://www.twitch.tv/wrestlecircus

3-2-1 BATTLE!
https://www.twitch.tv/321battle

Lucha Libre AAA
https://www.twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling