The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #201
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontplaydead27 View Post
"Oh we're fans so we have to stick by the Turtles no matter what" is an absurd mindset that some of you have mentioned, which actually contradicts the ideas of being a fan because something is good- making you a "fan" because you feel an obligation to it. Say you have a favorite hard rock band. You have loved the 3 CD's they've already put out, but this next one, they are blatantly going "country" most likely to sell more records. You hate country music. Would you support them as a "fan" if they no longer make music you enjoy? Or do you stick by their side with no questions because of some misguided loyalty?
Well, lets look at it this way.Im a huge Metallica fan. Now alot of people love old Tallica. When Bob Rock came around and started producing the new record everyone said it was gonna blow. And alot of people did say it sucked. Why? Because it was different. It was not the Tallica that anyone had heard before. This is why I think we are in a good situation because I think PD will make a TMNT that we have never seen before. Which is exciting. To me anyways.

We have nothing to judge as far as the new movie goes. So all this bitching about Bay is kinda useless. Like it or not, the guy makes money. And that is exactly what the TMNT need to do. Make money. And as long as the movie stays close to the comics,is dark and gritty, good effects and a hopefully good story,alot of people will be happy.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #202
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm with samhain88 all the way on this. This thread shouldn't even have 11 pages of negativity, there is nothing to judge. We know two things as fact that will come through Bay; something like we've never seen before (FOR TURTLES, not in general "We've seen it before it will be all explosions blah blah blah I'm a hater") & a huge amount of hype. Be happy for those two things regardless of who brings it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #203
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
the general public doesn't really hate Michael Bay. It's the film buffs and Transformers fans.
Quoted for truth...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #204
Kendamu
Sewerhead

According to this: http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/05/28...urtles-reboot/

Quote:
John Fusco (The Forbidden Kingdom) was hired last year to write the script for TMNT co-creator and executive producer Peter Laird, but Deadline reports Dunes will begin meetings with new writers next week.
I'm sure someone's mentioned this already, but it probably got lost in the sea of complaints.

Also, according to: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32339

Quote:
The producers are currently seeking a writer to tell the story of ooze-irradiated household pets and their crimefighting martial arts. We can probably expect to see Splinter, Shredder, the Foot Clan and April O'Neil as well. Though I could go for some Krang.
So, it doesn't seem to be an idle rumor at this point.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #205
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I know that I'll watch it. Will I like it though? I dunno. I am not crazy about Bay helping to produce it, but as long as a big name guy helps promote it and potentially reaches a bigger audience that it would have under John Somebody I'm ok with it. And as for the possiblity of it being worse than TMNT 07 or TMNT3 then I'll just....cry.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #206
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
And as for the possiblity of it being worse than TMNT3 then I'll just....cry.
Is....is that even....possible?!?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #207
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Is....is that even....possible?!?
The Next Mutation: The Movie, Coming Out Of Their Shells: The Movie... Likely? No. Possible? ... At times, I hate always being reasonable. -_- It's so depressing.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #208
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think TNM:TM would have been better than TMNT3.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #209
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
People go see Bay movies rather we think they're crap or not. This turtles movie isn't being made for us it's being made for them. Bay doesn't give a **** about turtles and neither does the rest of the world. We make up a very small population of the people who are going to see the movie. Trying to appeal to us would be a waste of money on their part. There's a bigger audience out there they need to sell tickets to and they're teenagers who like explosions and hot boys/girls.
Who is "them" and what does "them" want from a TMNT movie?

Quote:
"Just be happy it isn't being made for teenage girls because they are currently the biggest ticket sellers."
Expect a major chunk of the movie to be dedicated to an awfully portrayed romance between April and Casey, if Bay truly is about making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
Still this is nothing but good news really. A TMNT film that follows the 1990 film series, has big names attached, and might actually come out? Sounds good to me.
Where does this information come from?

Quote:
PS What are they going to do with the fans who tried out as foot soldiers a year ago? Are they still going to be part of the film? Anyone heard about that?
They will be digitally replaced with stock footage from the 1990 film.

Quote:
That's true, but you have to consider two things. 1) 2009 was a weak summer. T:ROTF wouldn't have made that much with more competition and 2) the general public doesn't really hate Michael Bay. It's the film buffs and Transformers fans.
And before Bay's Transformers movies came to be, Transformer fans use to be part of the general public, think about it.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #210
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Im a little skeptic of Bay.

He did a great job on the first transformer movie, but Steven Spielberg was a producer and affected input.

I didnt like transformer 2, that Bay did and Spielberg if I recall did not have anypart in the movie. So I am a little skeptic, but the Hype could be good for the franchise.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #211
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
That's true, but you have to consider two things. 1) 2009 was a weak summer. T:ROTF wouldn't have made that much with more competition.
Star Trek, Up, Ice Age 3, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, and District 9.

Quote:
and 2) the general public doesn't really hate Michael Bay. It's the film buffs and Transformers fans. So, yes, a TMNT movie under Bay's name could attract audiences but it depends on how appealing it looks and what it's up against.
This is true film buffs are the ones who dislike MB. However most people ignore critics and go see movies that get hammered anyway. The general public thinks all critics like are foreign films or out there experimental pieces.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #212
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Lmao, watch this movie be amazing and all these people that were complaining will be like ''Omg, Michael Bay saved the franchise''!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #213
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Lmao, watch this movie be amazing and all these people that were complaining will be like ''Omg, Michael Bay saved the franchise''!
It'll happen. When I heard about the turtles movie happening last year my words were "Well Transformers came out great, they should get that guy to do turtles" (having not known his name or 'bad reputation' at the time). I'm eager to see what he can contribute.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #214
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It'll happen. When I heard about the turtles movie happening last year my words were "Well Transformers came out great, they should get that guy to do turtles" (having not known his name or 'bad reputation' at the time). I'm eager to see what he can contribute.
Yep and who knows. Maybe Platinum Dunes having experience with the horror genre can make for a really disgusting, realistic looking mutated ninja turtle. And with the right writers and director,it could be amazing. Or, it could suck. And we and the franchise would be in the same exact place as we are now.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #215
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Star Trek
released over a month prior to T2: RoTF

Quote:
Up, Ice Age 3, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince,
None of which I would consider big summer action popcorn movies

Quote:
and District 9.
released over a month after T2: RoTF.

T2 did have a soft schedule as far as competiton was concerned.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #216
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Ok if Bay's TMNT grosses at least 90% the amount of effing Bayformers(1st not second) then I'll be happy on THAT point. If it sucks then well it'll suck.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #217
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm excited!

Because it's new.

And new stuff is usually exciting!
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #218
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

If Bay puts TMNT back on the map and makes a good movie I will give him full credit and never doubt him again
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #219
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
I'm excited!

Because it's new.

And new stuff is usually exciting!
Why can't everyone else have this attitude?

I saw this comment from someone at the IGN boards & it made me laugh-

Quote:
The Foot Clan will be robot ninjas just like in the old cartoon just so there can be explosions in the movie.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #220
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Turtle View Post
And before Bay's Transformers movies came to be, Transformer fans use to be part of the general public, think about it.
So, Michael Bay is slowly alienating one fanbase at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Star Trek, Up, Ice Age 3, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, and District 9.
The only real competition was Star Trek, Up, and Harry Potter. Ice Age was an international hit, but only performed modestly domestically. District 9 wasn't really that big of a hit.

But look at it this way. The first Transformers had to compete with Spider-Man 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and Shrek the Third. It lost to two of those movies and beat the third by only $10 million domestically. Worldwide, it lost to all three AND Harry Potter.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films