The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in reincarnation?
Yes, I do. 3 15.79%
No, I don't. 7 36.84%
I'm open to the idea of it. 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #41
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm not trying to poopoo on your beliefs and I'm as open minded to interpretation as anyone, but I think you're misunderstanding what Heaven is. It's not some nice neighborhood where people might get bored because nothing happens; it's the ultimate paradise. It's true happiness, to the point of it being beyond earthly understanding. No one is gonna wanna leave.
You're not belittling my belief in heaven, because...I'd have to believe in heaven for that to happen. What you're poopooing is my cynicism regarding the human condition.

It's one of the reasons I appreciate the first Matrix movie as much as I do.
The machines gave us everything, and we didn't believe it, so they gave us a world we felt we deserved instead.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #42
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
You're not belittling my belief in heaven, because...I'd have to believe in heaven for that to happen. What you're poopooing is my cynicism regarding the human condition.

It's one of the reasons I appreciate the first Matrix movie as much as I do.
The machines gave us everything, and we didn't believe it, so they gave us a world we felt we deserved instead.
Haha, you got me there. Humans are cynical. Still, I believe the most cynical would still be like "Heaven is dope" once they get there. But that's me.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't understand how heaven could exist if there's nothing to do there. Do we all just float around?

People who died in 1654, would they see the same things that someone died in 2015 for example? Someone who died in 2015 might want to play videogames or watch movies and TV in the afterlife....someone from 1654 will have no idea what those are or that they existed.

Does heaven have the inventions mankind made years from now? Can someone who died in the year 856 A.D. enjoy the same thing someone from the year 2050 can when they die?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand how heaven could exist if there's nothing to do there. Do we all just float around?

People who died in 1654, would they see the same things that someone died in 2015 for example? Someone who died in 2015 might want to play videogames or watch movies and TV in the afterlife....someone from 1654 will have no idea what those are or that they existed.

Does heaven have the inventions mankind made years from now? Can someone who died in the year 856 A.D. enjoy the same thing someone from the year 2050 can when they die?
There are mentions in various religious traditions of heaven having gardens of bliss etc. but thats not the main point of it, thats never been the main point. the main point is complete contentment and peace of mind, Mind over Matter.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

But I don't get it then, do we all just float around for eternity? Sounds boring to me.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #46
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But I don't get it then, do we all just float around for eternity? Sounds boring to me.
think of it as eternal nirvana in a way.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

But...I want to still do things. Do they have TV's in heaven? I can't imagine just being there and not watching my favorites shows/movies, videogames, etc.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #48
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But...I want to still do things. Do they have TV's in heaven? I can't imagine just being there and not watching my favorites shows/movies, videogames, etc.
Ah, that's the key word you hit right there, want.

There is no "want" or desire in heaven, atleast that's what I believe. Its the absence of desire altogether which brings complete peace of mind.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Then that's very disappointing. It's basically like non-existence if you're not still "yourself" and don't like the same things you did in life.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #50
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
If your idea of heaven is to do all the things you already do then in a way you already have heaven on earth. You are very lucky!

Someone once told me in heaven we will remember nothing about what came before including people we loved.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

So we don't even get to reunite with our loved ones or family in heaven either? Or even know who we were in life? This doesn't sound like heaven...it sounds like HELL.

The whole point of heaven is also reuniting with your deceased family. That's why you hear people say, "Well my wife died, I hope to see her when I get to heaven and we will meet again."

See you on THE OTHER SIDE.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well reincarnation doesn't mean in human form so there might be more humans now but there are less animals of other species on earth as well. F-ck yeah! That solves the problem right there and my possibilities of having been a god damn Stegosaurus increase by a percentage!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:41 PM   #53
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
(*sigh* Surrounded by amateurs....)

Read my earlier posts guys. Reincarnation is NOT just about coming back for a "do over". It is a chance for the soul to learn and perfect itself in different ways through each lifetime. To grow in wisdom, understanding of the universe, and to gain enlightenment, before finally moving on to join the "Collective Consciousness" or Great Spirit or whatever other name you want to give the universal oversoul.

Also we do not literally come back as animals. They have their own form of rebirth cycle, which is different from ours. We CAN, however, take on an animalistic form in the afterlife depending on our own personality and character. This is where the expressions like "he's such a rat/pig/snake/etc" come in. The spirit's inner nature is recognizable as a symbolic animal by seers and sensitives. But we come back as humans again. It is only in the brief period of transition between life and death that an animal/beast form is shown. Then the spirit goes to the place of rest and reflection to assess what it has experienced and choose new life experiences for the next incarnation.

Perhaps this is why people misunderstand what reincarnation means. It IS a lot like "Heaven" or nirvana in some ways in that it is a place of peace and contemplation and contentment. The Sumnerland is often referred to as a place of forests and hills, warmth and light. It is also described as beautiful and serene. Sounds like heaven? But it is not a final destination, more like a rest stop on the road of rebirth.

As for Hell, one has to believe in heaven for it to exist, and vice versa. Those who believe in heaven and hell (and Purgatory, but that's pretty strictly a Catholic thing) generally do not believe in reincarnation. And MOST who believe in reincarnation (myself included) do not believe in a literal heaven or hell. Because the two are not part of the same system of beliefs and do not mix well. To believe in heaven as a final place for the soul, means you probably believe you only get ONE chance and that's it. But reincarnation is not about ONE chance or lesson, but MANY. What we do not learn in this life may be experienced again in the next until we understand what we were meant to know.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #54
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
(*sigh* Surrounded by amateurs....)

Read my earlier posts guys. Reincarnation is NOT just about coming back for a "do over". It is a chance for the soul to learn and perfect itself in different ways through each lifetime. To grow in wisdom, understanding of the universe, and to gain enlightenment, before finally moving on to join the "Collective Consciousness" or Great Spirit or whatever other name you want to give the universal oversoul.

Also we do not literally come back as animals. They have their own form of rebirth cycle, which is different from ours. We CAN, however, take on an animalistic form in the afterlife depending on our own personality and character. This is where the expressions like "he's such a rat/pig/snake/etc" come in. The spirit's inner nature is recognizable as a symbolic animal by seers and sensitives. But we come back as humans again. It is only in the brief period of transition between life and death that an animal/beast form is shown. Then the spirit goes to the place of rest and reflection to assess what it has experienced and choose new life experiences for the next incarnation.

Perhaps this is why people misunderstand what reincarnation means. It IS a lot like "Heaven" or nirvana in some ways in that it is a place of peace and contemplation and contentment. The Sumnerland is often referred to as a place of forests and hills, warmth and light. It is also described as beautiful and serene. Sounds like heaven? But it is not a final destination, more like a rest stop on the road of rebirth.

As for Hell, one has to believe in heaven for it to exist, and vice versa. Those who believe in heaven and hell (and Purgatory, but that's pretty strictly a Catholic thing) generally do not believe in reincarnation. And MOST who believe in reincarnation (myself included) do not believe in a literal heaven or hell. Because the two are not part of the same system of beliefs and do not mix well. To believe in heaven as a final place for the soul, means you probably believe you only get ONE chance and that's it. But reincarnation is not about ONE chance or lesson, but MANY. What we do not learn in this life may be experienced again in the next until we understand what we were meant to know.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #55
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Be that as it may, it is a highly INFORMED opinion formed by having studied and reflected on the subject for years, and after having also engaged in past life recall exercises. No, not the kind of hypnosis bull**** seen in movies or tv either. I mean the real thing, with deep meditation. The results of those experiences were fascinating and enlightening to say the least.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:32 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Be that as it may, it is a highly INFORMED opinion formed by having studied and reflected on the subject for years, and after having also engaged in past life recall exercises. No, not the kind of hypnosis bull**** seen in movies or tv either. I mean the real thing, with deep meditation. The results of those experiences were fascinating and enlightening to say the least.
What were your conclusions?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:54 AM   #57
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Past life recall is a very personal experience, but I will share this much. I have apparently been around the block more than a few times. Most notably as a Roman soldier retrieving escaped slaves(not a nice profession) and once a tribal hunter getting gored in the leg by a boar-that one VEEERRY far back. A few others I have decent recall of but nothing of historic note.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:10 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

So wait, women can have past lives as men? So everyone isn't reincarnated as the same gender then? Do people remember what it's like to be "the other side," and have a penis if you're a woman?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:19 AM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I have trouble buying into that kind of stuff, but it's very fascinating to hear about. I mean, the brain is a hell of a thing. I've had dreams where I'm an Incan warrior, beaten down and killed... but then, I've already read about Incan warriors, it's already in my brain somewhere.

The stories that are, like, "past life" stuff that the person could never possibly have known about or heard about in their lives, yet seem historically accurate... those are interesting.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #60
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yes Cubed, one can be reborn as either gender. A soul HAS no "gender". Part of reincarnation is experiencing many different facets of life- that means living as both male and female, rich and poor, sick and healthy, strong and weak, etc. I've been a young warrior killed in his first battle (during a Viking raid- spent hours dying on the end of a spear) and a tavern server in the middle ages, sleeping with soldiers for extra money just to make a living. Even a slave woman in the South- not sure where though. I've died in childbirth, and been exectuted for desertion (the Roman one-long story). These are just some of the ones I remember.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, reincucknation