The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #181
ironman29758
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I guess we don't really know at this point exactly what the characterisation/personality of Raph will be like in the movie. Maybe he is a loincloth guy. I wouldn't have thought he would be a gruff talking hard-ass before I saw the first movie. I'm sure people who were familiar with the comics at the time were surprised that he was a wise-cracking jokester in the animated series.

More on loincloths - I think it must have be a recent character design trend. The loinclothening... or something.

Check out the evolution of the character designs in the Mortal Kombat games. In the beginning, there were a few loincloths; in the later games, everyone had one, and they were getting longer and longer. They scaled back a bit on MK9 I think. Someone should prepare MK loincloth chart (not me, I'm bored enough already).
well said man.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #182
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant

Hey guys first post here(gotta start somewhere lol).
But in my opinion I agree with each having there own style with no real practical reasoning. And the reason would be they are 4 teens that grew up in the sewers with outside of their "teacher/father" there only influence is magazines and possibly TV which is nothing but pop culture and each one picks up what they think is "cool". IMHO it makes since.
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #183
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Good old mortal kombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I guess we don't really know at this point exactly what the characterisation/personality of Raph will be like in the movie. Maybe he is a loincloth guy. I wouldn't have thought he would be a gruff talking hard-ass before I saw the first movie. I'm sure people who were familiar with the comics at the time were surprised that he was a wise-cracking jokester in the animated series.

More on loincloths - I think it must have be a recent character design trend. The loinclothening... or something.

Check out the evolution of the character designs in the Mortal Kombat games. In the beginning, there were a few loincloths; in the later games, everyone had one, and they were getting longer and longer. They scaled back a bit on MK9 I think. Someone should prepare MK loincloth chart (not me, I'm bored enough already).
Annoying we never got a shoalin monks 2
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #184
gutterpunk13
Random Punk

I can't help but think of this when I read the discriptions..

Spoiler:

If I remember correctly I had a Leo that was decked out in samurai gear..

Last edited by gutterpunk13; 01-18-2014 at 12:15 PM.
gutterpunk13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toys