The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #141
ToTheNines
[sic]

There's also Verminator and that Sumo Kama samurai character. But he could be a new Usagi Character I guess.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #142
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

So I just watched "The Forgotten Swordsman" again and realized that the video game Mikey is playing, which Leo calls "Super Commando 3", is totally John Carpenter's "The Thing"!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #143
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just watched these episodes and they were great. This season is definitely shaping up to be the best one yet. I'll have more proper reviews in the appropriate discussion threads when they're created. But all of these episodes were awesome! I thought it was very telling that the guys were sort of undermining Leo's authority and that he felt pressure from that toward the last episode. I don't think Splinter will appear again unless they have need of him or he will appear in memories, but it was good to get that closure and for Karai to see him one last time.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #144
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Just watched these episodes and they were great. This season is definitely shaping up to be the best one yet. I'll have more proper reviews in the appropriate discussion threads when they're created. But all of these episodes were awesome! I thought it was very telling that the guys were sort of undermining Leo's authority and that he felt pressure from that toward the last episode. I don't think Splinter will appear again unless they have need of him or he will appear in memories, but it was good to get that closure and for Karai to see him one last time.
Yeah, but still kinda sucks he wasn't there as Yoshi.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #145
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, it makes sense because he died as Splinter so he would retain that form and not turn human. Had he died as a human, then he would have retained that form in death.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:14 PM   #146
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There's also Verminator and that Sumo Kama samurai character. But he could be a new Usagi Character I guess.
Why does everyone keep calling him Kama?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #147
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ah, Sumo Kuma. Sorry.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #148
snake
Disgusting

Where did the confirmation of Sumo Kuma come from? Must've missed that. I assume he's a sumo wrestling panda bear.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

He's probably a character in the Usagi arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #150
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Where did the confirmation of Sumo Kuma come from? Must've missed that. I assume he's a sumo wrestling panda bear.
Kuma mean's bear in general so we can go with Sumo Bear at least.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:03 AM   #151
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/teena...rtles-season-5
Old 03-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #152
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Ugh! I was hating this show for it's gigalazy rampant constant CGI model recycling, and random stupid storylines/lazy can't-think-of-anything-new parody stuff. But Season 5 has me hooked! I had to buy the DVD with same day shipping and it was totally worth it. Just watched the last 2 episodes. NOW it gets good lol That Ghostbusters thing was lazy too
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #153
turtlefan1
Random Punk

got a copy from the Libary and damn it was epic end times truly felt like a series finale for the foot clan story.

am curious about through in forgotten swordsmen razar seem to be considering the idea of joining tatsu's new foot clan yet as it was revealed he was just zombie slave to Kaxavas so was curious if that part of the plan?
turtlefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #154
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of interesting all the reviews for the Season 5 eps in this DVD thread were all positive and people claiming how much they loved the episodes, but then you go in the individual review threads and see the usual suspects trashing the show and claiming it's bad writing.

Really puts into perspective the difference between people who actually watch this show and people who are just there to troll and pick apart everything.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #155
ToTheNines
[sic]

Stop instigating, you little cuck.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's a very large difference in opinion on these eps from those who watched it early via the DVD, and those who didn't and waited for it to air, and you can see by reading the thoughts. Now obviously not everyone has to like the episodes, but when you see the same people going on and on about bad writing, things being forgotten, and saying things like "appalling" and "does Ciro watch his own show" it begins to make you wonder.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #157
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Welp, there goes a lot a respect I had for you. If you want to call my fair and honest criticism "picking apart every little thing," you have every right, but you could not be more wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what ridiculous point you're trying to prove, and I'm not certain you do either. I know you're not trolling because you've had just a sensible opinion before, so, what the f*ck, dude? You talk in this thread like people who criticize the show have no real point, and then you turn around and say stupid sh*t with no real argument like this.

Opinions are opinions. People have the right to voice them especially if they have clear, thought-out ones. Don't act like there's a right opinion and a wrong opinion.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #158
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Welp, there goes a lot a respect I had for you. If you want to call my fair and honest criticism "picking apart every little thing," you have every right, but you could not be more wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what ridiculous point you're trying to prove, and I'm not certain you do either. I know you're not trolling because you've had just a sensible opinion before, so, what the f*ck, dude? You talk in this thread like people who criticize the show have no real point, and then you turn around and say stupid sh*t with no real argument like this.

Opinions are opinions. People have the right to voice them especially if they have clear, thought-out ones. Don't act like there's a right opinion and a wrong opinion.
Wait, you had respect for him in the first place?

Anyways, everything you said is justified and true.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #159
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's a very large difference in opinion on these eps from those who watched it early via the DVD, and those who didn't and waited for it to air, and you can see by reading the thoughts. Now obviously not everyone has to like the episodes, but when you see the same people going on and on about bad writing, things being forgotten, and saying things like "appalling" and "does Ciro watch his own show" it begins to make you wonder.
Denounce my criticism or anyone else's if you so choose, you just said the most asinine thing yet since I joined, even stupider than nostrils.

Congrats, Cube is now an even bigger parody of himself than before.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #160
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What bad writing? The only profuse criticism received as of late was End Times because there were severe pacing issues that veered away from salient elements that were to be expected within its finale. A sufficient invasion and Shredder's lust for revenge and involvement within the entire episode in general were completely lost even though the viewers themselves are led to believe that all of these elements would be relevant.

Regarding the "appalling" remark that I made is being completely blown out of contest. I wasn't raving over the writing itself being appalling, instead, I was criticizing how Ciro poorly handled the departure of characters that are iconic to Nick's series. They received closure, but how they were handled was appalling especially for characters that were created by Ciro.

Tags
dvd releases, please ban cubed