The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #41
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Yes! I won't lie, I was kind of disappointed with the documentary. Not because of the content, but because there was hardly anything. I'll support this for sure.

Well getting straight to it; I want to see more of the Mirage days and a lot more of the original 1990 movie. Those two the most. But I really would like to see the lost years of the TMNT franchise. After the the Red Sky season ended. The Image comics, Next Mutation (regardless of the tragedy it was) and 2K3. I wouldn't focus on the IDW comics or current Nick stuff at all. We're all already being shown that stuff constantly and up to date with what's going on Now in the franchise. It would be cool if you could include more of us fans from the Drome in the documentary interviews! Pretty excited. Keep us posted. This is just my opinion, but I don't really care for anything that's being done with the franchise right now; but this documentary is something I look forward to, along with some of the older turtle fans!

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

This news got me excited, so I rewatched part 1 today (gotta be my all-time most viewed documentary by now).

If part two is to actually be a sequel to the first one, it would work well to keep the focus on Peter and Kevin.

If it's a three act structure, have the first act focus on Pete overseeing Tales and 4kids, end that with Turtles Forever and the buyout. Second act be about Kevin and the IDW books, definitely get into the 30th anniversary special.

Then last part could be Nick turtles, and maybe 5 minutes on PD Ninja Turtles if you wanna be nice lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #43
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

I would like to see more footage/deleted scenes from the 1990 movie if possible. The Hallmark movie that was mentioned, 2k3 development from the WB to Fox Kids. There is so much to name lol.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #44
AquaParade
Banned

Has anyone mentioned the Live action Hallmark television series that almost came to be? That's a definite must.

Anything related to Mirage or IDW comics, please!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #45
Powder
So tired of this place

Literally the post above you, it's one of many.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:56 PM   #46
Meow
Stone Warrior

Agree with the posters here for what the documentary is actually called "The Definite History" but that would most probably push the film length up to 3 hours of runtime instead of close 2 hours. Still would watch
Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 AM   #47
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Wow! The outpouring of support and feedback is awesome here!

I am very excited to get back to this franchise and your suggestions have really got my mind racing. Updates will likely be few and far between for a couple of months at least, as I am shooting a Sci-Fi feature right now and we start production on the He-Man documentary in late May/early June. That said we are hoping to have the campaign up and running around that time.

Taking your suggestions and adding them to what we have planned is already shaping up to be a pretty awesome film. I know a lot of you were disappointed with certain aspects of the last film and I'm sure there will be some frustrated fans after this one as well. We will do our best to include as much as we can, but keep in mind these things are incredibly expensive to produce and rights clearances eat deeply into that budget, so we have to pick and choose as best we can. For instance did anyone notice we had to re-record the cartoon theme song for the first doc?! (That was me singing in the chorus and doing the turtle voices hahaha) that wasn't even because of cost, we were literally not allowed to use the original song. Lots of red tape! Ps I think that recording of the theme song is available on iTunes.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #48
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
did anyone notice we had to re-record the cartoon theme song for the first doc?! (That was me singing in the chorus and doing the turtle voices hahaha) that wasn't even because of cost, we were literally not allowed to use the original song. Lots of red tape! Ps I think that recording of the theme song is available on iTunes.
No, really? Since I've seen the documentary last weekend for the first time, so freshly new, I'm not having a hard time recalling the moment with the song that did sound like the original to me with just a small nuance of being off, noticable, not negatively though. So actually if you did it on your own that is indeed impressive
Old 04-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #49
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

I noticed it was a re-recording but a pretty ****in koool one I can tell ya.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #50
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I have the DVD and I have yet to see it, I heard there was a lot of stuff that was cut, maybe it can be added to the 2nd documentary.

Maybe there will be some stuff about the sequel TMNT: Out of The Shadows, which is coming out this June.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #51
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have the DVD and I have yet to see it, I heard there was a lot of stuff that was cut, maybe it can be added to the 2nd documentary.

Maybe there will be some stuff about the sequel TMNT: Out of The Shadows, which is coming out this June.
I actually never picked up the DVD, as I was hoping for a Blu-ray release. I need to grab it.

I'm really hoping not much (if any) time is spent on the new PD movies. If anything, development on the first PD movie would be neat to see. I'm sure Paramount is documenting the production pretty heavily.

Fan docs, whether official or unofficial, seem to be at their best when focusing on more historical/archival material. Especially things that have never been out in the ether. Laird has basically a Day One archive of the 4Kids era on his blog. If the doc length is going to be like the first movie, it would be cool to see them dive into things that fans haven't seen before... things that aren't available online. There's a lot out there that hasn't been discovered.

Isaac, you mentioned the MOTU doc-- I have some unseen 70mm film elements from BOSS Films that were shot for the Goddard MOTU movie. I'm scanning similar 70mm reels with a telecine rig for another doc, so getting great quality 1080 files isn't a problem. If you're interested, just shout.

Last edited by d_osborn; 04-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:38 AM   #52
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I have some unseen 70mm film elements from BOSS Films that were shot for the Goddard MOTU movie. I'm scanning similar 70mm reels with a telecine rig for another doc, so getting great quality 1080 files isn't a problem. If you're interested, just shout.
Whoa, where the heck did you get that? Awesome find!
I'd love to see it in the documentary!
I'm dying to see that MOTU docu, by the way... Totally backing that!
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #53
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

CandianTurtle, are planning on starting in 1991 where you left off? I am curious of the structure of the sequel documentary.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #54
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
Whoa, where the heck did you get that? Awesome find!
I'd love to see it in the documentary!
I'm dying to see that MOTU docu, by the way... Totally backing that!
Count me in on that enthusiasm as well. I'm a HUGE MOTU fan!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #55
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
Don't forget the $50 million John Woo movie from around 2001!

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/tmnt_cgi3.jpg

Among many other articles still floating around online, check out this IGN article titled 'John Woo & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Real Deal'

Not really, no...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2001/06/...-the-real-deal
You're sure that's not just this plus misinformation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_wQ8Xt8GN0
Old 04-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #56
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's very difficult for me to ever watch the 4Kids TMNT, even in something like that. But that particular evening, copious amounts of vodka shared with Plastroncafe helped quite a bit.
Oh really that's interesting. Most people have positive things to say about it. What was it about 4Kids TMNT you didn't like?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #57
pferreira
Foot Elite

I would love to see retrospectives on the second and third movie and of course there was no coverage of the 4Kids show. Some info on David Wise battles with the network towards the end of the Fred Wolf series would be interesting. Really the documentary just needs expanding, in some parts more than others. Thanks Isaac for doing having another round of this.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #58
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Oh really that's interesting. Most people have positive things to say about it. What was it about 4Kids TMNT you didn't like?
Seeing a kids' show use the Mirage stories with toned down violence and some added stuff for children pisses him off. He's just a purist, he once made a thread about how giving the turtles different skin tones is even worse than the multi-colored bandanas, so just take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #59
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Seeing a kids' show use the Mirage stories with toned down violence and some added stuff for children pisses him off. He's just a purist, he once made a thread about how giving the turtles different skin tones is even worse than the multi-colored bandanas, so just take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
In other words, don't take him seriously then.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #60
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
In other words, don't take him seriously then.
... Yeah, basically. He does deserve some respect for his willingness to fund some projects he don't profit from, but yeah, some of statements make him seem less like purist and more like a parody of purists.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turtle power ii