The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #101
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

When I wrote #36 I had it set between either #2 and #3 of Vol.2 or #3 and #4. The reason being that these issues seem to be more encapsulated than the other issues of the grander Vol.2 arc. There's enough time for #36 to easily happen between either, but after reading City at War again and Volume 2 again, it does sit rather nicely as a Pre-Volume 2 story, kind of a distant follow-up to CAW. I'm actually still waiting to hear back on the follow-up stories I pitched, which will allow me to give you a definite answer depending on which is approved (if any - the planned sequel - which was plotted alongside #36 was rejected). For the time being I'd give it the safe home of being set just before Volume 2, but if you want to be particular put it between either of the issues mentioned before and see how you feel when reading it with those issues. Ultimately, the beauty of Tales is that you can pick and choose where a lot of these stories happen. So long as you place it before Don and Splinter get back from Northampton it shouldn't really matter so long as it reads well to you guys.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #102
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

'ppreciate it.

So I'll just keep it where its at until further notice. Thanks!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #103
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No worries mate, sorry it's still a little vague!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #104
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, added "Spinal Tapped", the story from the 2007 Tales Vol. 1 TPB printing to the list. There's this bit of discontinuity I added to the notes section, though:

Quote:
*The additional story "Spinal Tapped" included in the 2007 printing of the Tales Vol. 1 TPB presents a bit of discontinuity with the events from "Masks" parts 1 and 2. "Masks" indicates that Savanti was buried alive after the events of "Return of Savanti Romero" and not exhumed until many centuries later. In this story it is shown that he survived his defeat. At the end of the story he is teleported to an unknown destination by Renet, so it's possible she just buried him. Despite that, he makes no references to the events of this story in "Masks".
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #105
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I removed "Road Hogs" from the continuity list since it just didn't seem to fit in.

Replaced it with the frontispieces from the recent Tales Vol. 1 TPB.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #106
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, I updated the list with "Swan Song" and "Fathers and Daughters" from Tales Vol. 2 #41.

"Fathers and Daughters" fits nicely as an epilogue to Casey's arc from "City at War". Aside from Shadow's age fitting it in there, you'll notice that Don is absent when all the Turtles are shown at the end (as he was still out in the country with Splinter between Vol. 1 and Vol. 2).

As for "Swan Song", I wasn't so sure where to put it. It takes place in 2099, so it definately happens after "Silent Knight" (2060). However, both "Old Times" and the Tales TPB frontispieces are devoid of dates. They also heavily imply that Don is the last surviving Turtle. So going on that, I chose to put "Swan Song" before both of those.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #107
Scandia
Mad Scientist

What exactly are those frontispieces? What do they show?

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #108
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
What exactly are those frontispieces? What do they show?
Geriatric Leo, Raph, Mike and Don are shown at a variety of locations (including Casey's grave) as Don introduces each Tale to us. At the end, it all turns out to be a holographic simulation of Don's called "reunion" (meaning none of the other Turtles were actually there). A sorrowful Don then goes to bed as Renet watches him, tearing up in the process. She then travels back to "the good ole days" and has fun with all 4 Turtles (plus April and Casey).

Neither "Old Times" nor the frontispieces explicitly state that Don is the last Turtle left, but it seems to be heavily implied at any rate.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #109
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

HOw exactly can SOul's winter work in TMNT continuity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #110
PAAATE
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
HOw exactly can SOul's winter work in TMNT continuity?
It can't..?

The Soul's-stories is their own continuity, at least to me.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #111
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Yeah, which is why I didn't include it in the timeline. So I'm not sure why he asked.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #112
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Yeah, which is why I didn't include it in the timeline. So I'm not sure why he asked.
Sorry. I misread the timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #113
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, just updated with the future Raph story from The Puma Blues #20, "Choices".

I can't believe none of you ever told me this story existed! I didn't even learn about until someone (Roseangelo? Raph's Girl? Andrew?) mentioned in in passing in another thread. I went rushing to my nearest shop and frantically searched through the $1 bin for a copy. I lucked out and found it.

Anyhow, I'm not sure where to precisely place it. I put it after "Silent Knight" mostly because Raph looked a bit older in "Choices", but that could always just be due to artistic style.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #114
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Added Tales Vol. 2 #43, "The Proposal".

The note written by Dan said that the story took place shortly after TMNT Vol. 2. I placed it at the tail end of that era. I can't recall if any of the earliest "TMNT Vol. 3" stories declared whether Casey and April were married or not. If you have a better memory than me about that, lemme know and I'll shift the story around.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #115
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Updated with Tales Vol. 2 #44, "The Amulet" and "The Lessons".

I placed both in the "Toddler Turtles" era. "The Lessons" was more obvious, but "The Amulet" might require some explanation as to why I put it as the earliest story told.

It features a very young Karai, still going through the initiation process of the Foot Clan. When Karai first appeared during the "City at War" arc she was NOT a young woman. She had not only risen up the ranks to the point where she ran the Japanese branch of the Foot, but she had also had a daughter who had grown into adulthood by then.

She is waaayyyyyy older than the turtles, likely having already been in her 20s by the time they were born.

Hence, I put this story of her youth at the very beginning of the timeline.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #116
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Updated to include Tales vol. 2 #46.

I put it between Vol. 1 #56 and 57. At least, I think that's where it should go, what with the TMNT still patroling from their water tower base and April having just come back to New York.

Lemme know if it goes some place better.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #117
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Yeah, I think so too. Tales of TMNT #46 can have place ONLY around Issue 56. Then Karai already watched TMNT' water tower, but don't chase them if Turtles go anywere. Though, the hard fact is that April already back from California..

But, one to the million dollar question: Why in interview Berger, who write this story, said it take place after TMNT #51? He don't read CAW from far ninetieth??
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #118
PAAATE
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Yeah, I think so too. Tales of TMNT #46 can have place ONLY around Issue 56. Then Karai already watched TMNT' water tower, but don't chase them if Turtles go anywere. Though, the hard fact is that April already back from California..

But, one to the million dollar question: Why in interview Berger, who write this story, said it take place after TMNT #51? He don't read CAW from far ninetieth??
Probably just a mistake.. Either that or a stroke
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #119
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Probably just a mistake.. Either that or a stroke
Dan's mistake only in April's place. If she was in LA, all would be present and correct.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Yeah, I think so too. Tales of TMNT #46 can have place ONLY around Issue 56.
Quote:
(I'll correct for your grammar and intent)

"Tales of the TMNT #46 can have ONLY taken place around TMNT #56."

"Why did Berger, who wrote this story, say in an interview that it takes place after TMNT #51?"

These two statements aren't at odds. TMNT #56 is after TMNT #51, isn't it?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity