Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2023, 09:12 PM   #1
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Issue #145

Preview:here

Spoiler:
Although we haven't seen the whole story yet, but why can't Donnie have Leo help him? Leo may not be good at science, but at least he's good at magic, right? He was the first ninja turtle to learn about astral projection and the spirit world, having more experience in this area than Donnie and Venus.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 04:58 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Leo is with Don when the last issue showed them all going their separate ways? The sci-fi stuff in this issue seems interesting though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:13 PM   #3
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Spoiler:
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 12:58 AM   #4
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Spoiler:
Time travel... Why can't they focus on the current timeline story? Unless they really want a Hellboy/BPRD style ending, or these alternate bad future timeline are ultimately pointless.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 01:57 AM   #5
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Leo is with Don when the last issue showed them all going their separate ways? The sci-fi stuff in this issue seems interesting though.
On page 15 of #144, Leo said he wanted to stay in Northampton more and Don said he would join him as that's where they have a 'thin-place' connection as seen when they were training with Oroku Saki before AG.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:42 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Read it, it's an ok set-up issue. Bringing Bob and Carmen into the series does feel like adding two more unnecessary side characters who haven't gotten much or any characterisation at all so far, but what else is new. IDW always introduces way too many supporting characters than they can manage.

Armaggon looks cool, and I guess this ties into Don's magic/science/gravity gauntlet/magic pencil/Oroku Saki training/QNA stuff that he had built up in his arsenal for the last 50 issues. Not much else to say so far.

I still wonder if Sophie intends to wrap Armaggon up by issue 150 or he'll be the next major villain spanning past her run, but maybe he's just going to be a threat for 5 issues and that's all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 10:16 PM   #7
Fenryr
Mouser

Slow burn to an obvious revelation. I wish Donatello was a little less Hank McCoy, but that's a hard rut to break.
Fenryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 08:31 PM   #8
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Read it, it's an ok set-up issue. Bringing Bob and Carmen into the series does feel like adding two more unnecessary side characters who haven't gotten much or any characterisation at all so far, but what else is new. IDW always introduces way too many supporting characters than they can manage.

Armaggon looks cool, and I guess this ties into Don's magic/science/gravity gauntlet/magic pencil/Oroku Saki training/QNA stuff that he had built up in his arsenal for the last 50 issues. Not much else to say so far.

I still wonder if Sophie intends to wrap Armaggon up by issue 150 or he'll be the next major villain spanning past her run, but maybe he's just going to be a threat for 5 issues and that's all.
I'm thinking there's going to be a major shift after 150. I've been pumped on the "future" turtles with every glimpse we've got, especially after the Venus Alliance issue, so to see it finally start to happen is so great. I'd say Campbell is setting up the Turtles and the world for whoever is taking over after by taking us on a crazy ride.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote