The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #2141
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

That is looking tight. I'm actually more excited for the Foot Ninja and Casey Jones in this next batch of figures. I can't wait for them.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:25 PM   #2142
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Yea I love my mondo turtles
Please keep expanding the line
Old 07-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #2143
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Just a general question, as someone who wants maybe one of these, what would people recommend? I'm partial to Leonardo, but I see stuff about QC issues a lot more with that one. Mikey or Raph might be next. I'm curious what people say, for example regarding the head/neck area. I know Mikey and Raph seem to have a better way of attaching, and Leo's red head might give people issue. But with Raph & Mikey, their heads sit lower than the others?
Old 07-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #2144
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I only bought Leo and cancelled the rest. If I had it to do again, I would have just bought the MOUSERS instead. They seem to have turned out really well.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #2145
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Just a general question, as someone who wants maybe one of these, what would people recommend? I'm partial to Leonardo, but I see stuff about QC issues a lot more with that one. Mikey or Raph might be next. I'm curious what people say, for example regarding the head/neck area. I know Mikey and Raph seem to have a better way of attaching, and Leo's red head might give people issue. But with Raph & Mikey, their heads sit lower than the others?
Yeah it seems that Leo and Donnie had a lot of QC issues and problems (probably Leo with the most). Leo had a lot of breakages to his scabbards I remember so that turned people off of the line. I'd say if you're interested in Mikey, Raph, or the Mousers you'll be okay. I have Raph myself and he looks great. I have no real issues with mine at all.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #2146
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
Yeah it seems that Leo and Donnie had a lot of QC issues and problems (probably Leo with the most). Leo had a lot of breakages to his scabbards I remember so that turned people off of the line. I'd say if you're interested in Mikey, Raph, or the Mousers you'll be okay. I have Raph myself and he looks great. I have no real issues with mine at all.
Nothing but good things to say about my Michelangelo exclusive figure. He's the only one I purchased, it was well worth it.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #2147
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I guess everyone had a different experience because out of my set, Leo and Mikey had the worst problems to me. They both have an arm that falls out super easy, the weapons won't fit in Leo's hands, Leo's alternate head is a bitch to put on and I had to exchange a Michelangelo at BBTS because the first one I received had a leg that would not move at all. There was an issue with it because no matter how hard I tried to get the joint moving...it wouldn't budge and noticeable white fracture marks began to appear. Luckily BBTS has excellent customer service and I managed to get a new one...but the new one I received has an arm that doesn't stay in place all too well.

I have had zero issues with Raph and Donnie.

I originally JUST wanted Leo because that's the main turtle I collect, however I absolutely love the look of these things. Luckily I didn't spend as much as many fans, but I feel these are still not worth around $100.

Also if anyone is interested in any accessories, I don't really have interest in the ninja stars or grappling hooks. I'd also part with the gun Mikey came with because it's tacky/sticky but that must be normal because both Michelangelo figures I received had a sticky/tacky gun.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:10 AM   #2148
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I guess everyone had a different experience because out of my set, Leo and Mikey had the worst problems to me. They both have an arm that falls out super easy, the weapons won't fit in Leo's hands, Leo's alternate head is a bitch to put on and I had to exchange a Michelangelo at BBTS because the first one I received had a leg that would not move at all. There was an issue with it because no matter how hard I tried to get the joint moving...it wouldn't budge and noticeable white fracture marks began to appear. Luckily BBTS has excellent customer service and I managed to get a new one...but the new one I received has an arm that doesn't stay in place all too well.

I have had zero issues with Raph and Donnie.

I originally JUST wanted Leo because that's the main turtle I collect, however I absolutely love the look of these things. Luckily I didn't spend as much as many fans, but I feel these are still not worth around $100.

Also if anyone is interested in any accessories, I don't really have interest in the ninja stars or grappling hooks. I'd also part with the gun Mikey came with because it's tacky/sticky but that must be normal because both Michelangelo figures I received had a sticky/tacky gun.
Thats basically what I did. I bought the turtles from eBayers for 100-150 and sold off the accessories for a decent figure. In the end I expect that I bought my turtles for about 75-80ea which I think is fine.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #2149
brockotter
Foot Soldier

Hey my friends. It's been awhile! But as some of you have seen, I've been posting some stuff on my IG account. Wanna see more? Take a guess when we're going to show more...

I will say now that what we're showing soon will be works-in-progress, specifically with the clothing. Nothing major will change, just some fitting/pattern work, as to be honest, we're only just put together these things and seeing all the fine-tuning that needs adjusting.

That said, as an OG TMNT fan, I'm pretty stoked at how these things are taking shape.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing rad, and I'm stoked to see more of you buying or shelled bros.

More to come...
brockotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #2150
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
Hey my friends. It's been awhile! But as some of you have seen, I've been posting some stuff on my IG account. Wanna see more? Take a guess when we're going to show more...

I will say now that what we're showing soon will be works-in-progress, specifically with the clothing. Nothing major will change, just some fitting/pattern work, as to be honest, we're only just put together these things and seeing all the fine-tuning that needs adjusting.

That said, as an OG TMNT fan, I'm pretty stoked at how these things are taking shape.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing rad, and I'm stoked to see more of you buying or shelled bros.

More to come...
Shredder? Splinter? Casey? April?

Old 07-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #2151
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Man Coro I hope u r right
I want more of this line
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #2152
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Man Coro I hope u r right
I want more of this line
All I see are shredder parts, but I ALSO see a He-Man and Skeletor I want-hehe

Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #2153
brockotter
Foot Soldier

Peeps in this thread have already laid out exactly what we're doing.
brockotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #2154
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Rat King!
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #2155
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm very interested to see how big Mondo's line is going to be. I'd love to see someone outside of Playmates and various minifigures figures do a Splinter for example.

Mondo seems to be the only active 1/6th scale maker of TMNT figures now with ThreeZero delaying their OotS Turtles and canceled the Eastman styled ones, and DreamEX lost the license right before they released April making her technically a bootleg And while we've seen a painted Krang/Cerebral.. who knows what will happen on that front.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #2156
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I wanted to follow up, your posy pushed me along a bit, and I was able to score Mikey pretty inexpensively (50 or so) on Amazon from their warehouse (I assume a return). Mikey is far from my favorite figure, but I will say I'm much happier with less issues, and the actual overall design. I think he was returned due to a patch of missing paint from his orange bandana, but I fixed that myself. I think I'd be a bit more jaded with the issues with my figure had I paid the original pricing.

I'm going to keep an eye out for Leo, as like someone else mentioned, he's usually the main one I buy.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #2157
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wanted to follow up, your posy pushed me along a bit, and I was able to score Mikey pretty inexpensively (50 or so) on Amazon from their warehouse (I assume a return). Mikey is far from my favorite figure, but I will say I'm much happier with less issues, and the actual overall design. I think he was returned due to a patch of missing paint from his orange bandana, but I fixed that myself. I think I'd be a bit more jaded with the issues with my figure had I paid the original pricing.

I'm going to keep an eye out for Leo, as like someone else mentioned, he's usually the main one I buy.
They are super awesome figures. If you find them for 125 or so you can prob sell off the accessories to get them down to 100 ea. Some pointless accessories in there.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:02 AM   #2158
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Thanks for posting. I'm glad I could be of some assistance. That's a good price for Mikey and really worth it. I'm glad it came in near perfect shape. I really enjoy the size and look of these figures myself. It's a very good likeness to the Mirage look to me. I would be floored if one day they would make something like Leatherhead or a Triceraton! Good luck on finding Leo since he will probably be the hardest to find in perfect condition.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #2159
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Shredder casey and foot pics on brocks instagram
Old 07-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #2160
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Shredder casey and foot pics on brocks instagram
Yup-those will be bought-I want better pics though haha