The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-24-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

2003 Super7 Figures

Brian Flynn from Super7 teased on the FwooshCast that they will be releasing figures based on the 2003 series next year. We don't have much info yet, other than that they will be alternating between the vintage and 2003 figures in waves. He talks about it more here (starting from 32:50-41:00).

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

It was mentioned on the Super 7 thread days ago, but thanks for creating an specific thead for this new line. Hope it´s really good line, 2K3 is my fav TMNT show!

Last edited by TMNachoT; 09-25-2023 at 03:47 PM.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #3
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

It was mentioned in the Super 7 Turtle figures shown at Power Con thread that in an interview with Geek. Dad. Life., Kyle from Super7 gave more details about the 2003 figures. Apparently, they will be based on the cartoon rather than the 2003 Playmates Toys figures. They are mentioned from 1:17:50-1:22:40 in the interview.

https://youtu.be/sfdrqWAoqQc?t=4670

Old 12-07-2023, 09:06 AM   #4
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

The 2003 figures will be released in February, 2024. Mentioned at 53:56.

https://youtu.be/r_T0XPmhAio?t=3236

Old 12-08-2023, 02:21 PM   #5
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
The 2003 figures will be released in February, 2024. Mentioned at 53:56.

https://youtu.be/r_T0XPmhAio?t=3236

Released in February? That doesn't sound quite right, especially since Wave 11 doesn't release until August. Maybe Brian meant that February is when they're revealed?

Though if they are released in February, somehow, that'd be pretty cool, but I'm having my doubts that's what was meant.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 03:02 PM   #6
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Released in February? That doesn't sound quite right, especially since Wave 11 doesn't release until August. Maybe Brian meant that February is when they're revealed?

Though if they are released in February, somehow, that'd be pretty cool, but I'm having my doubts that's what was meant.

He means pre-order in February. I know I won't be purchasing any since 80's Vintage is basically being done with.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 04:01 PM   #7
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Next wave will be revealed/up for preorder in February 2023.

I am very intrigued to see how these cartoon-inspired figures look and whether or not they fit in with the previous Ultimates.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 04:54 PM   #8
Dask
Mad Scientist

2K3 TMNT figures (4pack) by Super7 will be in high demand, exceeding Mezco or even the original SDCC NECA TMNT set. Just watch!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:15 PM   #9
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
2K3 TMNT figures (4pack) by Super7 will be in high demand, exceeding Mezco or even the original SDCC NECA TMNT set. Just watch!
what crack are you smoking?
Old 12-08-2023, 07:32 PM   #10
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

I could see it going either way, honestly. The 2K3 fandom is criminally underserviced, so I have to imagine there's pent-up demand. But Super7's reputation precedes them in a negative way. Between their terrible engineering, poor QC and often boneheaded business decisions, they may have a problem.

If I were Brian, I'd forego my "wildly confusing character selection" formula and get all four Turtles out in the first wave. Or at least the first two. But doing one per wave AND alternating between 2K3 and vintage (or vintage-inspired, by the sounds of things)? It'd be 2027 before you had the four brothers at the rate they're currently going.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:43 AM   #11
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

With Februrary 2024 being the pre-order window, expect to get your figures in Q4 2027 lol
Old 12-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #12
Lil G
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
what crack are you smoking?
Definitely not the original SDCC NECA set, but I agree with him that these are going to hit the market in a big way. We haven't really seen the potential for the TMNT 2003 figures yet, and there's a huge chunk of turtle fans waiting on this show to get it's much-deserved credit. Sure this rollout might be funky, to say the least, but due to the fact that it's well overdue for a show that's considered a classic I think these may just surprise us in a positive way. Even if they only release one turtle at a time or whatever, it won't matter once people see that logo slapped on the box and get that wave of nostalgia.

I do think they should drop these as a four pack and individual figures though all at the same time, I'm not sure they fully realize how this line can increase the value of their company. They really shouldn't play with this line, especially being how 2003 has been treated by Nickelodeon in general. They might make it worse by doing a bad rollout, I mean the nostalgia can only last so long before it's damn near forgotten by the general public. There is an in-person nostalgia and demand for this show, regardless of how it seems online, and if they don't capitilize on that... just seems like a waste of potential.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:31 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

I think we are coming into age for the 2k3 material to really start booming soon - my generation carried Fred Wolf, but by and large the people ten years younger than us carried 2k3 and they are entering that nostalgia phase of life.

A really solid 2k3 collection could boom big-time because it's possible too that the audience for it isn't jaded yet by NECA, Super7 or other boutique manufacturers out there.

On another note, if Super7 churned out a Thundercats 2011 line I'd be on board for those for sure. But only on sale.

Just picked up the first wave of 4 GI Joe ARAH Ultimates from Super 7 at about 25 bucks each. That's about as far as I'll go for those.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #14
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil G View Post
Definitely not the original SDCC NECA set, but I agree with him that these are going to hit the market in a big way. We haven't really seen the potential for the TMNT 2003 figures yet, and there's a huge chunk of turtle fans waiting on this show to get it's much-deserved credit. Sure this rollout might be funky, to say the least, but due to the fact that it's well overdue for a show that's considered a classic I think these may just surprise us in a positive way. Even if they only release one turtle at a time or whatever, it won't matter once people see that logo slapped on the box and get that wave of nostalgia.

I do think they should drop these as a four pack and individual figures though all at the same time, I'm not sure they fully realize how this line can increase the value of their company. They really shouldn't play with this line, especially being how 2003 has been treated by Nickelodeon in general. They might make it worse by doing a bad rollout, I mean the nostalgia can only last so long before it's damn near forgotten by the general public. There is an in-person nostalgia and demand for this show, regardless of how it seems online, and if they don't capitilize on that... just seems like a waste of potential.
That all saves me money since Super7 is not going to make a classic general traag unless he looks like the Rock biter from never ending story
Old 12-09-2023, 03:39 PM   #15
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I don't know.... only if Super7 did animation accurate 2K3 maybe.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 08:55 AM   #16
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I'm on the fence regarding whether I'm more excited about this line or NECA's movie line. I think if they go all out and bring characters like April, Casey, Shredder, etc. to the mix - more than just the four guys - it might knock NECA out of first place for me.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:37 PM   #17
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't know.... only if Super7 did animation accurate 2K3 maybe.
They'll, it was indicated on a interview.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:14 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

When do you think we may see preview pics?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:23 AM   #19
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When do you think we may see preview pics?
They're supposed to go up for pre-order in February. Super7 usually doesn't reveal stuff in advance when it comes to Ultimates anymore.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:53 PM   #20
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I'm mostly curious what the selection of characters is gonna be. It's probably a safe bet that it'll be 4 characters (won't get my hopes up for 5, even if it's got a fair bit of precedent). Of those 4, we could have anywhere between 1-2 villains. The real question is whether we'll get 1 turtle or 2 turtles. And which choice, 1 turtle or 2 turtles, would be better to go with. Especially if the 2003 figures are going to be alternating between waves with the vintage inspired figures.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote