The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

composer Morricone RIP

Saw him in Verona concert '10

He didnt care for the spaghetti western name as he put a lot of work and soul into it , it was waaaaaaay more important than just generic background music
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Ennio Morricone, passed to heaven at 91.

Known to many American cinema lovers for his great edgy soundtracks, from Clint Eastwood's Dollars Trilogy to The Thing, Once Upon A Time in America, The Untouchables, In the Line of fire, Mission to Mars, Bulworth, Ripley's Game, Inglourious Basterds. Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, The Simpsons, The Sopranos, etc.......Worked with many famous directors, from Oliver Stone to Don Siegel, Brian De Palma, Warren Beatty, Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter, Barry Levinson, etc......Influenced many other artists, like Hans Zimmer, Dire Straits, Radiohead, Metallica, Muse, etc....

Received many awards for his work, including 2 Academy's, 3 Golden Globes, 4 Grammys (including Grammy Hall of Fame induction for "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" Score), as well as a Golden Record in 1971 for a million records sold in Italy.

400 film scores as well as being an accomplished trumpet player and extensive radio broadcasting history.

His many accomplishments and influences they brought will always be remembered, many thanks Ennio Morricone, enjoy paradise.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

He was able to accomplish so much.

May he rest peacefully.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
He also did the score for one of my favorite fantasy movies of all time, Red Sonja. Rip, Maestro.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote