The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2020, 06:25 AM   #61
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
I'm curious to see how this plays out as Shredder being "reformed" somehow as well, and seeing how it affects the turtles. Cause isn't it Saki who is seen watching them from a distance when they all come back together in, I believe, issue 104? Plus, after the Shredder In Hell arc, wasn't also hinted at that he would somewhat look after Splinter's family? I may be mistaken but I vaguely remember something along those lines.
Yes, it was Saki. He is watching over them. It is cool to see a change in personality and him interacting as a mentor after what he did in two lifetimes.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:12 AM   #62
AquaParade
Banned

Curious to see what the creative team does with Shredder now. They always seem to have a fun idea to throw our way, and they'll sort of need it considering they are bringing back a character who had quite the build-up and death. This should be good.

To critique, I'd say I'm still not a fan of the dialogue. Am I alone in this boat? It's not an uncommon thing in comic books, but I get pretty turned off when characters speak in such a way during battle, exclaiming how they are going to win, can't be defeated, etc... It cheapens the intensity of the moment and makes the character seem a bit goofy, to me anyway. Perhaps it is all in the execution, but here I find it all too reminiscent of when I would play ninja turtles on the playground with my friends in elementary school.
Personal opinions flying over here, look out.

Again, looking forward to the book, as I'm sure it will have some great ideas up it's mylar sleeve.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #63
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Curious to see what the creative team does with Shredder now. They always seem to have a fun idea to throw our way, and they'll sort of need it considering they are bringing back a character who had quite the build-up and death. This should be good.

To critique, I'd say I'm still not a fan of the dialogue. Am I alone in this boat? It's not an uncommon thing in comic books, but I get pretty turned off when characters speak in such a way during battle, exclaiming how they are going to win, can't be defeated, etc... It cheapens the intensity of the moment and makes the character seem a bit goofy, to me anyway. Perhaps it is all in the execution, but here I find it all too reminiscent of when I would play ninja turtles on the playground with my friends in elementary school.

Again, looking forward to the book, as I'm sure it will have some great ideas up it's mylar sleeve.
Yes, Shredder and Splinter trading places in the great beyond and Shredder watching over the Turtles for him? Baxter Stockman is not a mutant fly or a cyborg, but mayor of New York? So many new directions we never thought possible. I was also very dissatsifed with the way Krang was removed, it was like Deviantart in comic form, but now,well let's see where this goes!

I also want Zenter's enabling the Triceraton invasion to be referenced.

So many plot directions and we are stuck with Life in Mutant Town!
Old 07-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #64
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of a lot dialogue during action sequences myself, AquaParade (though sometimes it is necessary to help move plot forward, provide needed info, etc.). But in this specific case, the choice was very deliberate -- there's a reason Shredder's saying what he's saying... and HOW he's saying it... in this scene. Hopefully you'll see why when you get your hands on the Annual.

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #65
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yes, Shredder and Splinter trading places in the great beyond and Shredder watching over the Turtles for him? Baxter Stockman is not a mutant fly or a cyborg, but mayor of New York? So many new directions we never thought possible. I was also very dissatsifed with the way Krang was removed, it was like Deviantart in comic form, but now,well let's see where this goes!

I also want Zenter's enabling the Triceraton invasion to be referenced.

So many plot directions and we are stuck with Life in Mutant Town!
There's also stories that could still be told using Hob and the Mutanimals, Koya/Bludgeon, maybe Karai popping up, etc.

It's a new world though, so establishing the Mutant Town story almost seems necessary in order to start building other stories and conflicts coming from its existence. You've gotta think, we're not even 10 issues past the biggest event in TMNT history so some slow burn, world building isn't the worst idea. Not to mention, seeing the turtles come back from the loss of Splinter and beginning to build on their new family bond that includes Jennika and Alopex is hugely important.

Once there is a solid new base for their story, it's only up from here. Plus, seeing Lita come out of that portal all grown up clearly shows they have some direction in place already!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #66
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of a lot dialogue during action sequences myself, AquaParade (though sometimes it is necessary to help move plot forward, provide needed info, etc.). But in this specific case, the choice was very deliberate -- there's a reason Shredder's saying what he's saying... and HOW he's saying it... in this scene. Hopefully you'll see why when you get your hands on the Annual.

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Can you refer me to the specific dialog so I can look at it from my long box archives?
Old 07-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #67
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Interesting indeed. I'll be sure to pay attention.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote