The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hob essentially now has a whole town of mutants and he still can't get them all to join him, it's pretty funny how he's still behind the scenes smuggling mutants when he set off this bomb to get himself an army and it more or less backfired.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #62
TommyT
Banned

@cloudguy

Not YOU you, proverbial you.

Anyway...

So, a parody revenge book that used to satirize the silliness of the medium is now just another example of the sophomoric writing, tropes and cliches that it once mocked.

Cool. More lesbian pig porking please! Totally the reason we signed up.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:16 PM   #63
Allio
Foot Elite

Well, that is the only reason to read unnatural.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:01 AM   #64
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Speaking of Sheena, on second read she appears to be the first female mutant in this series that Sophie's drawn with explicit tig ol' bitties. So I guess we really are furry adjacent now.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:53 AM   #65
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
On the plus side, maybe we have Armaggon incoming? I know, I know, wishful thinking...
Well there was what looks like a shark mutant in the training sequence (pages 15 - 17) although it could also be a dolphin/ porpoise maybe.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:42 AM   #66
TommyT
Banned

Keep trying. You'll get to funny, eventually.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:47 AM   #67
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Keep trying. You'll get to funny, eventually.
You mean like you're still trying to contribute something that's relevant?
Pity you'll be in your grave long before that ever happens.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #68
TommyT
Banned

Nobody here has game. C'mon folks, ffs, it's too easy.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #69
TommyT
Banned

Next ....
Old 06-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #70
neatoman
Emperor

Can you guys please focus on what's in this issue and how it relates to the rest of the series? Throwing insults and memes around is hardly productive.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #71
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Can you guys please focus on what's in this issue and how it relates to the rest of the series? Throwing insults and memes around is hardly productive.
well this is the internet, this is tommyt we're talking about, but your right. i really enjoyed them teaching classes and kudos to sophie when she asked a while back about animal suggestions. i think that goats going to be getting crane kicked. the tapir might be trouble because of the thicker mass, but we'll see how well he guards his nose.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #72
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

I've waited till 106 and now can say it: I don't like 101-106. And while we are there - boring Jennika, wrong Mutant town, Splinter's death and interspeacies love. Let turtles just fight the Shredder, Baxter, Krang, B&R, Karai and others - but this american political correctness ******** should not be a part of TMNT!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:12 AM   #73
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I think the Shark we see training in the dojo is actually a Blue Shark which are much smaller breed of sharks. he wasn't a brawny as Bludgeon and definitely not greyish.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #74
TommyT
Banned

To be clear, lol, I’m not anti Trans, LGBTQ or any of the letters in the alphabet. What feels forced is the ratio of trans/queer/gay subject matter being squeezed to ever orafice at every turn.

‘Meet Paul. Paul plays guitar, has a delivery business, and also likes his balls played with at climax. He has two dogs, a sailboat, and is a big fan of anal beads.”

Somethings, can be left out of the above sentence, and you still know Paul well enough. In a story, you may want to know where Paul is going, and what Paul needs. Does Paul accomplish his quest?

When you make up less that 2% of the population, but have 1 in 3 new characters labeled by their sexuality, or stories concerning their sexuality, it serves no real purpose than flag waving.

Anderson Cooper is Gay, right? But that’s a footnote to who he is. He’s the face of CNN, but also a rich kid, he’s opinionated, but often reserved. He’s a multitude of things that make him well rounded.

He doesn’t flag wave, as most of us don’t, unless you’re on Twitter, of course. and lately, that’s all anyone is doing. It reminds me of the 90’s when the fat kid was known as the fat kid. Nothing more, maybe funny, maybe shy, but just the fat kid. It’s boring.

This issue, it’s boring because it’s not about anything. They go to a bar, they go home, they train some kids, the little turtle is sad...TIME TRAVEL.

F. Maybe -F.

Also, here’s a note - like, if you’re really well read on a subject, and if that subject is scientific, and you understand big ideas, it doesn’t mean that you will innately understand how to fix electrical wiring. Hanging a lampshade on it with the character outright saying they don’t know what they are doing, only compounds the silliness.

More plot less talk.

Last edited by TommyT; 06-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Koya and Bludgeon don't attack the TMNT becuase Karai did not give the order. Is there some form of truce?
Old 06-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #76
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Koya and Bludgeon don't attack the TMNT becuase Karai did not give the order. Is there some form of truce?
That was the whole thing in "City War" or whatever... Karai's on the warpath, and then they brokered a truce to fight big ol' dragon daddy.

And Papa Rat died.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #77
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That was the whole thing in "City War" or whatever... Karai's on the warpath, and then they brokered a truce to fight big ol' dragon daddy.

And Papa Rat died.
I just wanted to see a fight after the last one they had was brutal.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:22 AM   #78
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh there are plenty of ways you can get rid of mutant town, I've laid them out in previous threads. Not all of them are elegant of course, but considering how hamfisted the start of this spectacle was and the questionable direction of introducing a character seemingly for the purpose introducing an alternate version of them, I don't think elegance is much of a priority when it comes to putting an end to it.
Spoiler:
  • Exodus to Dimension X
  • Genocide of the mutants
  • An actual cure
  • Altered events to the timeline
  • Etc, Etc, Etc.
Second one on your list would be almost unnaturally heartbreaking after this issue, let alone a couple more like it down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
wait lmao he got banned
Me: (imitates Mr. Bean voice) A tremendous shame.

I wonder, with all this interspecies (is it, though? they're all mutants now, that should count as a single species) romance, why can't we have classic Leo/Karai?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #79
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Well halle-f***ing-lujah, about time.
Just to be clear once and for all, I had nothing against his opinions, he's welcome to them, it was the god-awful attitude he was constantly throwing around.
As for the state of the series I've always tried to be as neutral as possible with my own opinions and I don't have any issue with the direction it's heading in, but please let's just be civilised in our discussions.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #80
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Sorry, Sophie. I appreciate what you're doing, but it's not working for me.
It's okay, no worries! No need to apologize. I won't be on the book forever, maybe you'll like the next caretaker/showrunner's work better. TMNT has always been like that, if you don't like it, just wait a bit and there'll be something new.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote