The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

That last panel... Yikes! Of course he would be doing that. Typical.

And those damn kids were so cute!

The issue was nice, though a fairly linear and predictable middle to this arc. How many times have we seen events unfold like this, not only in other TMNT stories but in every other plot like this one? The Turtles' personalities during the search and the intrigue at City Hall kept it from feeling stale, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

OK, so now we have confirmation that the bomb was far worse than what we've seen previously.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:15 PM   #43
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

it was interesting.
the kids trying to get out reminded me of that scene from home alone 2 when marv tries to get out of the hole.
and Baxter your starting to give off vibes of the truman show.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #44
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
and Baxter your starting to give off vibes of the truman show.
The Post-Human Show.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #45
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The Post-Human Show.
dear lord, he'd make a fortune by turning mutant town into a reality tv show.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #46
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
In a comic book, absolutely.

Realistically, and given the current sociopolitical climate, airing such a show would ensure a pro-mutant crowd would take down the wall by the end of the week and the mutants would be welcomed into the general population (with no side effects to anyone else unlike advertised by Stockman, given the fact that the mutation zone seems to be confined to that particular area of the city and is even affecting local fauna and flora as per #107).

Or... A pro-mutant crowd would invade Mutant Town and stay there to live among the mutants, declaring it an autonomous territory. It's 2020, the year of utter insanity and societal collapse, so either way is good.

OR... The reality show would be so successful, no one would dare upset the delicate balance of that microcosm and just keep on watching, enraptured, until Null inevitable makes her move or whatever brings about the end of this particular status quo.

But if we were to go with the notion of Mutant Town receiving an influx of residents and striving to become autonomous, that raises the question: who even is in charge there? Stockman is Mayor of New York City. Would he have authority over such an enclave? Hob is mostly a middleman, everyone who doesn't work for him seems to know he's shady af but the dude keeps the supplies coming in. Supplies which, by the way, he gets from Karai. So is Karai effectively the leader/Mayor/President/whatever of Mutant Town?

Oy... So many possibilities with this whole setup, feels like we've only started to scratch the surface.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #47
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Hmm, seems that Eel may be an animal mutant rather than a mutated human. Seeing that mutated ‘garden’ would send Leatherhead up the wall. As soon as he resolves the Krang situation he’s gonna have words with Hob.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #48
Allio
Foot Elite

Thought this was an easy back to basic story.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:28 AM   #49
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Did you find the guy who did it and light them on fire? I would've.

Seriously, I bet you that's the first time in 80 years that THAT particular mistake saw print. Intolerable! What're they gonna do next, spell his name wrong? No standards.
Found the pic I sent my brother of it
Spoiler:
Old 07-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nice issue, but I do think the dialogue makes me feel like I was reading one of the Nick TMNT Adventures comics rather than a main ongoing for adults. I'm not saying I didn't like it, but this felt like a "kids" TMNT comic. I own all the Nick animated TMNT comics so I do like them, but this story felt like it could have almost fit into those.

I dunno, guess the way the Turtles were talking to each other and then all the little animal kid mutants made me think of a kids comic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:47 AM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nice issue, but I do think the dialogue makes me feel like I was reading one of the Nick TMNT Adventures comics rather than a main ongoing for adults. I'm not saying I didn't like it, but this felt like a "kids" TMNT comic. I own all the Nick animated TMNT comics so I do like them, but this story felt like it could have almost fit into those.

I dunno, guess the way the Turtles were talking to each other and then all the little animal kid mutants made me think of a kids comic.
Completely agree, Cubed.

But at least it felt closer to a TMNT comic this month. That was good.

Also curious what Our Man Mayor Baxter is doing.

So I guess this issue is an improvement over the last few. Hooray. We'll see if it lasts.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #52
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Completely agree, Cubed.

But at least it felt closer to a TMNT comic this month. That was good.

Also curious what Our Man Mayor Baxter is doing.

So I guess this issue is an improvement over the last few. Hooray. We'll see if it lasts.
Pretty much this very thought. However, the three ladies have to save the Turtles form Baxter's eel.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #53
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Pretty much this very thought. However, the three ladies have to save the Turtles form Baxter's eel.
Put it like that, this sounds like the premise for some very NSFW fan art.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #54
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Maybe, in a manner of speaking, that's the idea since Baxter and Null might be secretly working with each other....away from April obviously. Maybe Baxter's testing these mutants to see who is worthy of being put into Null's workforce to take over the economy.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #55
Jazzfox
Thug

Gaaaah, copy/pasting this comment since the forum ate my last comment here on this one!

I'm really glad that 107 came out immediately after 106, and I'm not sure whether or not that impacted just how much more I enjoyed this issue over the previous one!

I felt like when I was reading 106 that I could see plotlines miles away, but 107 just took me in whole different sewer lines as we chase after the Slithery, the art and the writing really tightened up a lot more for me here and even got to include small moments like having a page just to check back up on Alopex/Mona and learning a lil more on the latter and her family life, or giving Lita a bit of time to try and find her own way out with the other mutants

In fact, by the time I hit issue's end, it caught me completely off guard as I read the Comixology version in panel-by-panel mode so that I don't know how many pages are left before the issue will end

And for whatever reason, I had thought this was just a two issue story, so that alone certainly made me sit up and realise my mistake, I haven't been checking solicits either, so I guess I'm just guessing again now to see where we go next issue!

And a small thing, but I got to say I also loved the use of color in the fight scenes particular to give each panel the matching colors to the corresponding turtles motifs, something I'd wondered about in 105 if that had been the intent during the metal show scene

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote