The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2022, 12:08 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Not really. The whole show takes place over the course of what, 3 - 5 years, roughly, taking into accout the timeskips? At no point do they look any older. That's just the nature of most animation, especially CGI. They could just use their character models circa season 5 and no one would bat an eye. Plus, it's really the only worthwhile story left to tell, if they were going to do anything. The show was basically over after "End Times."
I mean mostly use the same designs because it's the most recognizable. Also with the 2012 show being well 10 years old this year, all the kids who grew up with it will be nostalgic for it. People seriously forget how many new little kids first exposure to TMNT was the 2012 cartoon, and now most of them are in High School.

Nick will definitely capitalize on the nostalgia of the 2012-era fans eventually. Especially since this is still to date their only successful TMNT cartoon. I expect we'll see a movie/special for the 2012 show at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #22
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Given how Viacom in general has handled the IP lately, I'd rather they not give us much. I just don't trust them with TMNT anymore to even care.

Frankly, they shouldn't give us anything. Like, at all.

I agree with your general sentiment. Viacom treats the property like utter garbage.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:19 AM   #23
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yeah the way they aren't just coming right out and saying it's a fully fledged series makes me think it's something minor like series of shorts. That would be pretty disappointing, but expected since TMNT has been nothing but a string of disappointments since after the 2012 series ended.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:30 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I assume they're probably waiting to see if the CG movie for 2023 is a success before they start a new series again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:45 AM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I hope it's a straightforward series of video essays from the people at Nickelodeon entitled "Dear Older TMNT Fans: Here's Why We Hate You (Even Though Without You We Have No Franchise)."

Might not be very entertaining, but at the least it would be informative. Also honest.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote