The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #41
Sadako*sCranes
Foot Soldier

Hey, does anyone else think Baxter's head on that action figure looks a tad like Bebop's when he was originally human on the old toon? Just another case of deja vu? Cause there was that spoof where April in this new Toon wore the old Toon April's yellow jumpsuit during Secret Origins and the Channel 9 badge fell upsidedown into a 6!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:38 PM   #42
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> ..it's ok.. more often than not i've run into people totally dogging and hating things that i enjoy and hold dear..

..whatever.. what can i do.. all my durned life i got dogged on for things i enjoy..so meh meh meh.. meow b7tch complain..do whatever you do.. i'll stick up for what i love and ladeeda..

.. 1 thing about Splint.. .. the guy knows his stuff.. ..maybe i don't agree with what he likes and hates.. but damm.. he's one smart cookie..

.. he gets around too..and i think the fact that i know that.. is why he hates me..

.. whatever..

all in all.. he's a great guy.. and i hope i didn't instigate anything or add any fule to any fire.. cuz i like Split alot and just think he 's great at giving the goods as far as pimpin' News.. him and N Turtle are the best..

..ok ,schizo snapper is done.. bye bye.. love you

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:58 AM   #43
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

well On the figure descritptions it says, "built by baxter stockman, or whats left of him, so they couldnt exactly make him human now could they? It would confuse the kiddies!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM   #44
Ninjatron
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
Ninjatron, the point is that it's expected for me to deliver a fair and realistic unbiased opinion. And while I have applauded Playmates in the past, I have to be serious and offer the fact that they majorly dropped the bomb at this point in time. They knew what the -fans- wanted, from the endless complaining of wanting a Baxter figure. And they screwed the pooch this time. And I'm sad about that.
You missunderstand me again. I don't care what you think about these figures or that comic or whatever. If you're going to stand there and call yourself a reporter, than just report the news. What you are doing is not reporting. It's editorializing. And that's FINE elsewhere. But when I go to read the news, I really don't care to read what you think about what you're reporting on, be your reaction positive, negative, or whatever. I just want the news. Anyone who has taken a grade 6 media class can tell you that the writers' opinions have no place in the news.

Quote:
If all I did was report the news, it would be a very short news post.
That would be GREAT!

Quote:
I appreciate you may not like my opinon, and I am sorry.
When did I say that I didn't like your opinion? I have made no mention on if I agree or disagree with you, not will I. I don't care either way, and it's not the point that I'm trying to make. And yet what you think about this and that is right up there on the main page, under the guise of news. Well sorry, but what you think of the news is not news, and having it up there along side the news just looks unprofessional, and dare I say, ugly.

Quote:
My readers expect it, and I deliver.
Well then maybe you should deliver it somewhere else. Honestly, what's so hard about posting your opinions of the news in a seperate post, so that it doesn't show up on the main page?

Take a good look at some of the Transformers news pages. If any of those sites "reported" the news the way you do, they'd be torn apart! It's just the news, short and to the point, with links to the sources and an option for readers to discuss if they so choose. I think that this site, as a well respected part of the TMNT fan community, ought to be the same way, and I'm simply offering my suggestion on how you personally can make this place better.

Sayonara.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:25 AM   #45
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Usagi looks cool but arent his swords, or at least the katana supposed to poke through his belt and then through the hakama on the side there...
I think the wakizashi just gets tucked thru the belt....
Old 04-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #46
tOkKa

-->>
..and the 1st test shot i saw of Usagi.. he almost looked like Popeye or something.. last nigh tho' ..after seeing Mirage's test shots ..i'm starting really love the new Usagi fig more and more.. and the idea of a Gen toy.. !!

..!! wow..

..it's kind of a dark time right now.. .. and this TMNT shitck is about the only thing other than my work pulling me thru some of this suicidal sh6t..

i dunno.. i guess i'm a little too passionate about Mirage studioes.. i've met som many wonderful people and they've become staples in my life..

..The Playmates guys i hooked up with last summer are so damm exciting to be around..

.. an that's what i'd love to do.. make toys..so people can give me thier honest opinions..fans..young and old.. and..
..oii..

..before i pass judgement.. i wast see some whole WORKING PRODUCT ..not just some obscure test shots..
..sure they look real odd.. i admit that.. but again.. it's not done yet..
..and further along.. in the line..if this Baxter figure is bad.. who the hell sez thay can't make a second version..maybe all human.. i don't know..

..but i want to see the damm toy..crack it open.. play and chuck it around.. and if it falls apart and is so damm lame.. then..ok.. the figure sucks..

// (..here is my favourite emotacon.. :: " " )

..man..maybei need to chill .. i take this stuff way to personally..

.. again..i know Splinter i know his opinion and don't hate the fact that he reports the way he does.. he is as much of a fan as me..if he wants to be brutally honest..i do my best to learn and accept it..

he can speak up for himself and he can justify why he thinks the way he does..

..i don't know ..
..i don't feel real good about myself right now but that's redundant.. the TMNT stuff is gonna get negative feedback as much as it's gonna get rave feedback.. i've been with this stuff long enuff' to see people giving rationalopinions and opinions where they say.. O' well that sucks ..huhuhuuhh .. and there is nothing to back up the fact why it 'sucks' ..they just say it sucks 'just cuz' ..

..Splinter is not of the later//
..ah f6ck .. it's a good time to be TMNT fan little kid, or big kid. ..here's out little friend ::

Wow that that TMNT toy line looks about the best it's ever been..
.. hmm i think there is a crouquet mallet in the back with my forehead's name on it.. and that name is.. Bull'seye ..

Old 04-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #47
Splinter
Radical Rat

Ninjatron,

Take the matter up with Krang. If he feels the same, I will tender my resignation. Now that is the end of this discussion in a public forum. Especially in the news forums. If you really must continue to discuss it publically, do so in general discussion. You can even post a poll to see if I should change my ways. As of now, any further off topic discussion in this thread will be swiftly removed.

~Splinter~

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #48
Antrax
Hench Mutant

I got a reply today from my email to Playmates Toys about the Baxter Stockman figure.

This is from the Product Manager for the Ninja Turtle figures:
Quote:
This is our interpretation of the Spider Robot. We may release just a basic Baxter next year... We will have over 20 variant characters coming out in 2005 and a bunch more still to go in 2004.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #49
MasterMole
Foot Soldier

Playmates should be making a Giant Robotic Baxter from "Rtrn to NY".
Hopefully a toon-accurate Baxter will come later. Like I said about the vehicles in my separate topic, Playmates seems to be ignoring the cartoon and making their own toy designs. They better straighten up and make cartoon-accurate toys. We need better vehicles that are cartoon-accurate.
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #50
tOkKa

-->> ..so much for telling the truth..

..like i told you guys.. they can always make a differant baxter..

Old 04-17-2004, 06:51 AM   #51
cqb101
Cinephile

Well, after seeing todays episode, I highly doubt that Baxter will be appearing in a future episode.....
Old 04-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #52
tOkKa

-->> ..that's one version of Baxter i can only dream they'd make..

Old 04-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #53
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by zREAL-tOkKa
Ex-squeeze me?! Who, in God's name, would want something THAT disgusting?! Making a toy of Baxter as he now is, is tantamount to making a very twisted snow-globe. I'll give this latest (and hopefully LAST!) version of Baxter a miss IF Playmates IS ever CRAZY enough to produce it, thank you VERY much! There are just SOME things that SHOULDN'T be made into a toy or action figure, and this current version of Baxter is one of 'em. Yech.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:27 AM   #54
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Quote:
Originally Posted by zREAL-tOkKa
Ex-squeeze me?! Who, in God's name, would want something THAT disgusting?! Making a toy of Baxter as he now is, is tantamount to making a very twisted snow-globe. I'll give this latest (and hopefully LAST!) version of Baxter a miss IF Playmates IS ever CRAZY enough to produce it, thank you VERY much! There are just SOME things that SHOULDN'T be made into a toy or action figure, and this current version of Baxter is one of 'em. Yech.
He was being sarcastic. Notice the roll eyes and the dead smiley?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:51 PM   #55
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

They will be mine. Oh, yes. They WILL be mine.....as soon as they're available.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #56
Aaron
Hench Mutant

I will buy both of them. Although they both look a little dissapointing.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:34 PM   #57
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Don't worry, Aaron, they're only prototypes. I'm sure they'll improve them before their release.

Old 06-22-2004, 07:40 AM   #58
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Don't worry, Aaron, they're only prototypes. I'm sure they'll improve them before their release.
Actually, lot's of the time, prototypes look BETTER than the actual released figures. And I don't think they look dissapointing at all....I think they're some of the best figures from the new line. Well, Usagi atleast. Baxter blows.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:57 AM   #59
Aaron
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Actually, lot's of the time, prototypes look BETTER than the actual released figures. And I don't think they look dissapointing at all....I think they're some of the best figures from the new line. Well, Usagi atleast. Baxter blows.
I agree. Usagi isn't awful, but the Baxter likeness is awful.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #60
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

But I bet we're ALL going to buy them no matter what, yes?